Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > The AAm Project

Old 07-26-2011, 04:52 PM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough
Default Small promotional effort at Capd Cod wedding

Unfortunately this is kind of a some what long story that probably isn't that note worthy but what the heck.

I have a nephew (35) who's getting married next month on the 20th at a beach hotel/restaurant on Cape Cod. It's going to be a small wedding, around 45 people. It'll be a sunset service around 6 pm which means I'll be celebrating 2 things that night, the wedding and Alizee's birthday. It'll be the 21st in Paris at 6pm EST.

He had lived with me for about a year. He works for an investment firm that pulled out of their Boston office and around the same time a couple he had been living with decided to get married so it was time for him to move. So not knowing whether he'd be offered a position with his company some where else, he decided to move in with me until his future became more clear.
Well he wound up moving to Brooklyn with the same company. Bottom line is I still get some of his mail, especially since his car is still registered in Mass. I received a letter that was for him but I mistakenly opened it and the state was threatening to issue a warrant because he hadn't paid his excise tax in some time.

A few days before this I had received a generic note from them asking anyone who hadn't returned their invitation yet to please do so and they also asked if anyone had a request for a particular song to be played at the wedding to please let them know. I said hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm!

There not having a band. Not even a dj, just recorded music. I wouldn't want them to play something that didn't fit in with the wedding. I would have loved to have requested one of Alizee's French songs but for that reason, didn't ask for one. But I thought of La Isla Bonita! Absolutely perfect for a warm night on the beach.

So after opening the letter about the warrant, I figured I'd kill 2 birds with one stone and e-mail him about the warrant and included my song request for the wedding. I went into detail to make sure they knew I wanted Alizee's version and not Madonnas.

Well they were at that time driving down to the cape to my brother's house. They probably had an I phone or something similar because they responded right away. She thanked me for the warning and said she loved Madonna's La Isla Bonita. Does this girl not understand English? I said I wanted Alizee's version of the song.

So there was something they said about the warrant, that I replied to and I re-iterated exactly what song I wanted played, including a link to Alizee's Youtube video of the song.
Well she responded once again mentioning something else about the warrant, but making no mention of the song and there fore I felt she sort of blew me off.

So I'm going to give them a check for the wedding. I'll have 2 envelopes in my suit pocket that night. Depending upon what song I hear, I will choose an appropriate envelope (just kidding).

Well I went fishing with my big brother this past weekend. After I drove him from his home on the Cape to his home in Weymouth. He's an ex marine and doesn't like to listen to any music in a car so on the rare occasion we ride together I'll put on sports talk radio for him.

Well traffic was a mess and it was obvious it was going to take about 2 hours for what is usually a 1 hour drive. Well all the talk show was talking about was the free agency deadline in baseball and how if this player gets this much, then this player should get so much more. After an hour, I got fed up and had to put some Alizee on.

Well we started talking about Alizee and then he mentioned when his son and his fiance had been over they mentioned my request and my brother and his wife told them all about my trips to France, the autograph sessions, the attempts to go to the concerts. So I'm quite sure they know how important she is to me and I'm sure Alizee's La Isla Bonita will be played at the wedding.

So I'll bring a few cds in the hope that I might get to do some promoting, if I can do it in a low key manner as not to affect the wedding in any way. This is their moment and I wont do anything to mess it up. But if I see an opportunity to do some promoting without being a distraction, I'll do it. If people at the wedding can talk about the Red Sox, then why cant I talk about Alizee?

Won't be a big promotional effort, but we'll convert this country even if we have to do it one by one.
Old 07-26-2011, 08:08 PM
Favorite: JEAMizée

User22 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scruffydog777 View Post
So I'm going to give them a check for the wedding. I'll have 2 envelopes in my suit pocket that night. Depending upon what song I hear, I will choose an appropriate envelope (just kidding).
Hahaha You shouldn't be kidding with that one! But hey, great chance to get out and promote Scruff! Good Luck!
Old 07-27-2011, 05:59 PM

MYGOGT is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scruffydog777 View Post
Won't be a big promotional effort, but we'll convert this country even if we have to do it one by one.
I like this effort, and it seems to be the only way we will get the results we seek.
Old 07-28-2011, 07:59 PM

ferb96 is on a distinguished road

Wow. I'm new to the forum and my biggest impression on Scruffydog777 is he always try to promote Alizée everywhere he goes whatever he does. Way to go Scruff ..... xD