Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Other Subjects > Apprendre le français

Old 12-14-2011, 07:42 AM

ALS is on a distinguished road
Default Found a French language resource locally

I was looking at getting serious about learning French so I was using Google to search for a good College level text book.

Well I came across a local French group that gets together on a regular basis.

Meetup/FrenchLessons

I'm betting that if you live in a medium to large metro area there are probably similar organizations near you.

Quote:
The Pittsburgh French Meetup Group is a well established group for French speakers of all ages and abilities to meet up and practice French conversation & share interests in French culture. We welcome native French speakers (and there are many) as well as beginners and all shades in-between. We focus on conversation, fun events, and all aspects of French Culture. French (& Vietnamese) are my first languages, and French (& Arabic) are Roula's first languages.

I started this group about 10 years ago as a way to help friends learn French. We are starting several classes - beginner - intermediate - and advanced - for which there is a small fee to attend.

Also, we meet most weeks at other locations in Pittsburgh for fun, conversation, & exchange of ideas. These sessions are FREE for the most part. You are encouraged to be active and to suggest events and places - I can post them on the site.

We ask that members fill out their profile so we know who you are. This helps members in getting to know each other.

Bienvenue au groupe!

Marc & Roula

About the organizers:

Marc Snyder has a PhD in French Literature & Western civilization from Stanford University. He has taught at major institutions (Stanford, Iowa State U., Middlebury College, Carnegie Mellon, Duquesne ); Also, he has worked as a web developer and technical writer.

Roula Farah is Lebanese and teaches French in the Mt Lebanon School district.