Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Other Subjects > Apprendre le français

Old 06-21-2015, 03:28 PM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough
Default lyricsrtraining.com

I searched through this forum and I don't believe this site has been mentioned before.

Unfortunately these times seem to be very busy for me. I seldom have enough time to try and learn the lyrics to a new song. So what I often do is if I don't already have the lyrics to a song I like in a document file, I'll search for it and play the song while reading the lyrics. Well today that search brought me to Lyricstraining.com. Now it's a site where you can pick different languages to practice a language which I believe takes you to Babbel, or you can scroll down to pick from songs in the language you chose. Now I went down to the bottom row and started clicking on the right arrow to see all the videos they had and they had a great selection of songs and singers such as Libere Delivree (Disney) by Anais Delva, Derniere Danse by Indila, Le Sens de la vie by Tal, Elle ma dit, C'est bien tot la fin. Other songs by Zaz, Amel Bent. M. Pokora, Shy'm and not to mention the song ACC by a beautiful young singer named Alizée!

Once you select a song, you can choose different levels and what it will do is on the easy level, play the song and show the lyrics except for a word here or there that you have to fill in. On the harder level (there are 4), you have to fill in every word. They have a red progress bar at the top. If you take too much time, you are done. Now I didn't register. To continue, I think you have to register which will allow you to continue, or you can just refresh the page and start again.

They say they use their own cookies and third party cookies, but I don't think that's much of an issue at this point.

Once I selected ACC, I saw if I scrolled down, there were several other Alizée songs listed.

It would be nice if they had the English lyrics too, but still, I think it's a good learning tool.

Edit:

I tried registering and it didn't seem to make a difference. Once that red progress bar ran out, you were done and had to refresh. But if you chose the practice mode, you could take all day and I found it was kind of fun. Now normally it stops every couple of lines, but if you know the song fairly well and can type in the lyrics quick, it keeps playing.

Last edited by Scruffydog777; 06-21-2015 at 03:28 PM.. Reason: Automerged Doubleposts
Old 06-23-2015, 06:44 PM

regardemoi is on a distinguished road

Nice find. I pretend to sing along to ML and Gourmandises (too bad they don't have the latter), but I really don't know the lyrics at all, so this is a fun tool to learn them, and also to try to listen to the French words and then type them.

I did Moi Lolita beginner level first and clicked the arrow on the right whenever I was stuck, so it filled in the letters for me, and I didn't even notice the red bar. When you click the arrow, the red bar gets a bit smaller. Then I tried ACC beginner level, and I let the progression bar run out, 'cause the song is too difficult for me, and it gave me options of starting again or I could continue. When I clicked "continue playing", it continued where it had stopped. The red bar was gone, but I could finish the song.

I also did an English song that I know very well, and it's suprisingly difficult to fill in the words, 'cause you have to figure out what word is missing and do it fast. It's easier to fill in all the lyrics, if you know them.
Old 06-23-2015, 07:20 PM
Last Fan Standing

Ray4AJ is on a distinguished road

Some newer fans might not know about this site, but it's a great place for Alizée lyrics and some translations. (No videos or singing along though.)

http://alizee-reflections.net/