Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Other Subjects > Apprendre le français

Old 12-16-2008, 10:03 PM
Paris féerique

Toc De Mac is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solaris View Post
www.livemocha.com Its friggin awsome and free!!!! Im using it now so send me a friend request so we can study french together!!!
Wow, that's really neat!

I've signed up and have begun learning German using the site's German 101 course. It's very cool to correct people who are learning as well as to have feedback from native speakers.

Old 12-20-2008, 03:53 PM
he eats the fish

i_luv_alizee is on a distinguished road

The livemocha link looks really cool. But I do have one gripe. I took the French test and I got 9 out of 10 correct. Then it told me that I should start with French 202. Say what??? I think the test was too easy. I think it assumes that just because you know some words that you can go to the next level. I mean, I did take some French but that was a long time ago. But I remembered enough of the words for the livemocha test to be fairly easy. That doesn't mean I know the language though.
Old 12-20-2008, 07:24 PM
Paris féerique

Toc De Mac is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by i_luv_alizee View Post
The livemocha link looks really cool. But I do have one gripe. I took the French test and I got 9 out of 10 correct. Then it told me that I should start with French 202. Say what??? I think the test was too easy. I think it assumes that just because you know some words that you can go to the next level. I mean, I did take some French but that was a long time ago. But I remembered enough of the words for the livemocha test to be fairly easy. That doesn't mean I know the language though.
Haha, yeah... I think that they're there just to give you a rough idea of what you know. It just goes to show that they can be false indicators.

I really am enjoying this site, even though it does sometimes take a while to receive feedback (to speed up the process, I've made friends with several native German speakers).

Old 07-22-2009, 02:09 PM

nomdeplume is on a distinguished road

I have a few links I'd like to share, too! I see someone already mentioned Livemocha...I think it's a pretty good site to start with. Like people mentioned, it has it's imperfections, but they have a site for you to voice complaints on, too, if any one is interested.
http://livemocha.uservoice.com/pages/2163-features

LingQ. com is pretty good. They have an interesting system with lots of free podcasts. I feel rather lost sometimes because it has no grammar guides or anything...the concept is that you kind of figure stuff out for yourself as you go along.
http://www.lingq.com/

Podcast Français Facile (Easy/Simple French Podcasts, if I'm not mistaken) is another site...the title is kind of self explanatory.
http://www.podcastfrancaisfacile.com/

I don't think anyone has already posted those, if so, my apologies, they are here again

Last edited by nomdeplume; 07-22-2009 at 02:11 PM..
Old 07-23-2009, 03:38 AM
Recline yourself

user472884 is on a distinguished road

I downloaded for free (i dont know how or what it's called, something with "torrents") all three levels of Rosetta Stone: French

I haven't gotten far enough along to really say it's value, but I know how to say things like "Les enfants boivent du lait" "dix tasses sont blancs, cinq sont bleus, mais tout sont petits" and little things like that