Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 08-04-2008, 12:04 PM

Roman is on a distinguished road
Default Land of Alizée?

Ok, well I don't know if any of you have been checking out the thread that has become sort of a blog of my little adventures, and RMJ's, in Paris, but in case you want to check it out, here it is: http://www.alizee-forum.com/showthread.php?t=22687

I figure I can get away with posting this here because 1) it's just a link and 2) there's something you might find interesting that we did today which is Alizée related. Do you recognize the photos from somewhere? Hint: it's called Château Champlâtreux and it's a ways to the north of Paris.

Merci Fanny
Old 08-04-2008, 12:23 PM
In pursuit...

mavsluver41 is on a distinguished road

Very cool that you guys went there, thanks for the link, I'll have to keep an eye on that thread. Oh, and RMJ's "rubbing salt in the wound" post is hilarious!
Old 08-04-2008, 01:41 PM
Faded into Gray

TheBarrett is on a distinguished road

Hehe, I remember that thread from its conception, glad to see it's still growing.
Old 08-04-2008, 02:22 PM

Wow, so I had posted to lilly-town.com and AlizeeAlliance.net about going to this chateau to see if anyone wanted to go along. Today I posted saying it was nice to go there essentially, and here's the response I got back from one guy at lilly-town.com : http://www.lilly-town.com/forum/inde...showtopic=3018
"Et la visite des toilettes du Mc-do du Mans ou Alizée est passée en 2003, c'est pour quand ?"

I think that translates to:
'And the visit to the toilettes of MacDonalds of Mans where Alizée went in 2003, that's for when?'

So, I guess the French really love Alizée eh? Or no, they think she's just a joke, but they like to talk about it. So, Alizée kinda had a few fans back in the day. I wonder now. Ok, this was only a couple people responding in this fashion so far. However, the admin Florent was the only person to respond to my posts a few weeks back about having a party for Alizée's birthday. He said essentially, I don't think so, and it's too early to think about. I guess it's lucky I went to the party in Washington state last year. It seems that was the last celebration of the "original" Alizée. The next day the leak of her song, Fifty-Sixty was all over the boards. Now, even that's a distant memory. Well Alizée still exists and some people still adore her.

So, Alizée is French, she lives in Paris, she speaks French, and they don't give a bleep about her. Maybe there's a few kids who kinda think she's cool. Is there anything more than this? Am I just a joke 6 years too late in "getting it"? I don't care. Screw them. But, it is sad for me that she is forever in an ethereal dream land. I come around too late. She doesn't speak my language. I try to learn her's but it's really difficult. I go to her city. She's not there. Her fans are all in yet another country. She's not there. It's like night trying to catch day.

So, she's just a young lady who makes some music. Is it so bad that I care a lot? I'd like to just be able to talk to her, do some work, find a moment. I don't know. I have to live for something. I'll just keep running toward the light.

Merci Fanny
Old 08-04-2008, 02:29 PM
Faded into Gray

TheBarrett is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roman
'And the visit to the toilettes of MacDonalds of Mans where Alizée went in 2003, that's for when?'
Well...
This might be caught in the wrong drift.
It may perhaps, be a joke, a little tease to mock you and Alizée.
Or it could be perhaps serious, but I highly think it is the former, if he really wanted to be serious, there could have been a little rewording to make it sound unarrogant.

Personally i'm upset by this, it's as if the French public threw her down as another brick in the wall, but at least she has very crazy, supportive, and loving international fans (that will apparently work for her FOR FREE).

Just putting the word out ^
Old 08-04-2008, 03:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBarrett View Post
Well...
This might be caught in the wrong drift.
It may perhaps, be a joke, a little tease to mock you and Alizée.
Or it could be perhaps serious, but I highly think it is the former, if he really wanted to be serious, there could have been a little rewording to make it sound unarrogant.

Personally i'm upset by this, it's as if the French public threw her down as another brick in the wall, but at least she has very crazy, supportive, and loving international fans (that will apparently work for her FOR FREE).

Just putting the word out ^
What ever drift it is, this type of person seems to have never been on Alizée America circa 2006/2007. Times were when many people really loved Alizée at least on this site and anyone saying something like that would be looked at as a serious looser and probably flamed big time. So, France got their chance with Alizée, they got to go to the concert, and satisfied, they go back to being their regular rude selves with nothing really to love in the world, mocking those who for a moment do. So, this is not fair to some really good French Alizée fans of course. I don't know if there is a single French person anywhere who is really a "fan" of Alizée anymore, but I'm sure there's better than this.

I'd hate for her to have to move away from her beloved country and I don't think she will even if the USA takes up the banner with even more power (if not gusto) than Mexico. But, someone might want to advise it, if this is the kind of response one is going to get even from lilly-town. There's nothing weird about me wanting to visit that chateau. This dude just has some kind of issue, but it's still rather disappointing. Alizée must have some really thick skin to live in this place. Maybe I should post some other types of photos of Paris. As interesting as the place is, it's also a city: filthy in some places, loud, and packed with all kinds of people from all over the world cramming into the subway (metro) and the streets and I think it must have affected her living here. Yes, of course her life is not all rainbows and sunshine. She lives in Paris. You spend a little time here and you know what that means. Fortunately, she has some money and is probably able to bypass some of this, but I don't live that far from her really. She sees it everyday too. I've seen some places where she has worked. It is what it is. And it's not all pretty. I hope she can take that and use it as more motivation to create a world we can love. Look at Mylène Farmer and the songs she has done before and after Alizée. She obviously is not living in a carefree always happy world, but she created what she did with Alizée anyway. Maybe it was just simply making some fun videos to attract teenagers and rather obvious in the way. Well, ok so not even all her old songs were happy, but she certainly had the appearance of being so, and I think she was. I hope she can find a way to be that at least long enough to smile for the camera and mean it.

What's your life like Alizée and how can one get to know you enough to see it? You have a life you love for the most part, right? Show us how it's done.

Merci Fanny
Old 08-04-2008, 04:26 PM
Looking through a glass onion.

Amigo! is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roman View Post
What's your life like Alizée and how can one get to know you enough to see it? You have a life you love for the most part, right? Show us how it's done.
Everyone has to find their own way... No one ever said it was going to be easy.
Old 08-04-2008, 05:16 PM
Administrator

lefty12357 is on a distinguished road

Roman, you sound a little bitter. I guess adoring Alizée will always be a bittersweet experience. I’m sure she still has some good fans in France. I think that PinParasol’s comment was aimed at making fun of you, rather than Alizée. Maybe he was casting you as the naive American tourist, which is a very cynical attitude to have.

I guess all I can say is that Alizée has plenty of people that love her in Mexico, the USA and elsewhere in the world. I, for one, think she deserves our adoration. Sure, she has some areas she needs to work on, but she is young still, and has already created a fine body of work that cannot be denied. Beyond her work, she seems like a person who knows what is important in life and would be a fine person to know personally.

To hell with the cynics. Life is too short to waste time thinking about them. Time is better spent seeking out the beauty in life. In the long run you will only have fond memories and no regrets.
Old 08-04-2008, 05:40 PM
Paris féerique

Toc De Mac is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roman View Post
Wow, so I had posted to lilly-town.com and AlizeeAlliance.net about going to this chateau to see if anyone wanted to go along. Today I posted saying it was nice to go there essentially, and here's the response I got back from one guy at lilly-town.com : http://www.lilly-town.com/forum/inde...showtopic=3018
"Et la visite des toilettes du Mc-do du Mans ou Alizée est passée en 2003, c'est pour quand ?"

I think that translates to:

So, I guess the French really love Alizée eh? Or no, they think she's just a joke, but they like to talk about it. So, Alizée kinda had a few fans back in the day. I wonder now. Ok, this was only a couple people responding in this fashion so far. However, the admin Florent was the only person to respond to my posts a few weeks back about having a party for Alizée's birthday. He said essentially, I don't think so, and it's too early to think about. I guess it's lucky I went to the party in Washington state last year. It seems that was the last celebration of the "original" Alizée. The next day the leak of her song, Fifty-Sixty was all over the boards. Now, even that's a distant memory. Well Alizée still exists and some people still adore her.

So, Alizée is French, she lives in Paris, she speaks French, and they don't give a bleep about her. Maybe there's a few kids who kinda think she's cool. Is there anything more than this? Am I just a joke 6 years too late in "getting it"? I don't care. Screw them. But, it is sad for me that she is forever in an ethereal dream land. I come around too late. She doesn't speak my language. I try to learn her's but it's really difficult. I go to her city. She's not there. Her fans are all in yet another country. She's not there. It's like night trying to catch day.

So, she's just a young lady who makes some music. Is it so bad that I care a lot? I'd like to just be able to talk to her, do some work, find a moment. I don't know. I have to live for something. I'll just keep running toward the light.
PinParasol is simply an asshole.

That's all there is to it.

Old 08-04-2008, 06:32 PM
Hello, Lilly Town people

Ruroshen is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toc De Mac View Post
PinParasol is simply an asshole.

That's all there is to it.
His comment does appear to cross the line from smartassery into outright douchery, yes. Trust me, as an accomplished smartass myself, I know these things.

Don't let it get you down, Roman. From reading the thread, it seems like you and RMJ are having an amazing time. Stay focused on that, sir. Ignore all else.