Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 09-28-2008, 12:26 PM

Karin is on a distinguished road
Post New album? (False Rumor)

"Selon le journal "Le régional" de Suisse daté de cette semaine, Alizée serait en train de préparer un nouvel album dans le nouveau studio du jazzman Thierry Lang, à Ollon, en Suisse. Toujours selon ce même journal, Alizée serait accompagnée au piano par Moncef Genoud, un grand pianiste de jazz... Si tout cela est vrai, cela laisserait-il présager un tournant dans l'univers musical d'Alizée ?"

Translation (Google translator):

According to the newspaper Le regional dated from Switzerland this week, Alizée is currently preparing a new album in the new studio jazz Thierry Lang, in Ollon, Switzerland. According to the same newspaper, Alizée would be accompanied on the piano by Moncef Genoud, a great jazz pianist ... If this is true, this would leave it presage a turning point in the musical universe of Alizée?

source: http://nidalizee.com

Old 09-28-2008, 12:52 PM

Luc is on a distinguished road

Thanks for posting Karin. Hopefully it's true, that would be great news!
Old 09-28-2008, 01:13 PM
In pursuit...

mavsluver41 is on a distinguished road

Awesome, although I can't appraise the credibility of the source. Thanks, Karin.

Here's a more complete translation from Dana0_7 on AF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dana0_7 View Post
Enjoy the few words about Alizee:

Alizee, the lolita, is swinging to Thierry Lang

Future Knight of Arts and Letters is working for the album of the French Lolita is his new 5 stars studio. Simultaneously, he created his own label, "In face".

We knew him like one of the greatest internation jazzman. Starting with 2nd of Oct he's named by Christine Albanel, the French Minister of Culture, a "Knight of Arts and Letters". And he also started to be named as a producer. In the middle of Ollon, Thierry has just created his own label and he equiped it with high technique. Everything is around the piano and it's capable to reproduce the great sound of this instrument. So the studio is avaible to Ollon. A such opportunity for all the musicians, because it's hard to find in Switzerland such a quality of piano. "That's why i've never recorded in Norway at ECM", said TL, who also worked with Blue Note.

Avaible for great musicians
The next Alizee's album, which will appear in december, will see it's fist days of live in TL's studio. But even if it will be recorded there, it will still remain under Alizee's label. What connection between Alizee and jazz? "My label has it's own identity, which is that of jass and clasique, but i don't say no to the other kinds of music and the studio is open for every great musician who can come and record here, under the protection of his own label. This will do also the great pianist Enrico Pieranunzi. Alizee is a young woman with huge talent. She knows what harmonique means, which makes her touch softly the jazz world and, on her next album, she will be accompanied at piano by Moncef Genoud, a good jazz pianist."
Without speaking about the quality of sound, this studio makes that the albums to be bought at a lower price than the price that exists today. So, the albums will be sold even directly from the label, even by the singers on their sites or at their concerts.

Next "In face" albums
The first IF album, "Winds and Tides", will come on 8th of nov. TL will be accompanied by David Linx, which could be heard also with The Count Basie Band, Bernard lavilliers or with Hanna Scygulla.And for december we wait a TL and Francis Coletta duo.
Old 09-28-2008, 01:35 PM
Administrator

lefty12357 is on a distinguished road

If true, I think it's great news that Alizée is working on another album. I wonder if the whole album is being recorded there, or just part of it? And how much, if any of it will be of a jazz style...

When asked about Alizée's connection to jazz, Thierry answers that his studio is open to other kinds of music and musicians recording under their own labels, which implies to me that she was doing music other than jazz. But he also mentions that Alizée worked with Moncef Genoud, "a good jazz pianist". I liked "L'effet", and I wouldn't mind Alizée doing more like it. But a whole album of that style may not sit well with her current fan base.

Again, if this news is true, I think it's good news. We'll have to wait and see what kind of music comes out of it. I hope this will be a positive step forward for her. I'll give anything she does a fair listening.

This leaves me with one final question. Was her contract with RCA/Sony/BMG a one album deal? Will she be free to market this new album herself or will it be a Sony product? Again, I guess we'll have to wait and see...
Old 09-28-2008, 06:15 PM
Mon Truck Driver

JCC is on a distinguished road

EPIC! This is good news! Lets hope more details come out in the near future!

Technically she is still under the RCA label...she's still listed on there artist roster. From what i hear, her new label will be under JIVE records.
Old 09-28-2008, 09:33 PM

Rocket is on a distinguished road

Alizee singing jazz? I hope not.
Old 09-28-2008, 09:49 PM
alizée ninja

brad is on a distinguished road

this is awesome news if true!
Old 09-28-2008, 10:05 PM
Looking through a glass onion.

Amigo! is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocket View Post
Alizee singing jazz? I hope not.
Who ever said she would sing nothing but jazz?

Besides If she ever did sing jazz I think her voice would go well with it.

BTW Have you heard L'Effet?

Last edited by Amigo!; 09-28-2008 at 10:22 PM..
Old 09-28-2008, 10:33 PM
Mr. Mike

Future Raptor Ace is on a distinguished road

Sadly I don't think this is true. Alizee did say on that show (the one filmed around new years) that she wants to take a break after her tour and have another baby; remember?

LETS GO YANKEES! CONGRATS ON #4 GIANTS!

Old 09-28-2008, 10:47 PM
Choosy moms choose Tchaikovsky

Tchaikovsky is on a distinguished road

I'd like to think this is true, but it probably isn't.