Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 08-30-2009, 08:01 PM
D[e]mon of the Fall

jung_adore_ALIZEE is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by wasabi622 View Post
umm.. i know all the ones in english! (Im Not Twenty, I'm Fed Up, Youpidou, and Amelie)

though, youpidou im still confused on.

the few french ones i know is.. Gourmandises.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vorock View Post
Same here, hahaha.
I thought such would be the case

Old 08-30-2009, 08:07 PM
Against The Current

Fall is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toc De Mac View Post
That's a good question that we could perhaps ask in one of the French fan forums.

One of the only things I've ever noticed is that she sometimes "half-rolls" her "R"s. Though it's possible that perhaps she has lost some of her accent (assuming that she had one) now that she has lived in Paris for a while.

The overwhelming majority of French instruction programs use the Parisian accent or, in general, a non-Southern accent. But, go for it ! I sometimes find myself doing the "R" thing too just because I think it sounds neat.
thanks TDM! she half rolls her "r"s? i dont really notice it, but i do notice that she speaks differently. she may have lost it though, you're right. after years of living in the US i dont have a spanish accent at all anymore. how do you make the half rolled r sound?
Old 08-31-2009, 12:12 AM
Founder: 5,060 club.

wasabi622 is on a distinguished road

where is this picture from?

http://img1.ganges.com/data/photos/1177410152780.jpg

looks like the JPVA music video, but i don't recall her wearing a black coat or anything..

Old 08-31-2009, 01:03 AM

pepelepew is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Corsican Cutie View Post
Hello,people! This is my first time posting ever. I wanted to say something else actually related to Alizee after lurking here for YEARS,and wondering how this site is still up,and running with idiotic comments,and suppositions from its' members,but anyone suggesting such a thing should be beaten with a sledgehammer!!! Alizee would never sing something so trashy!
Come on LCC don't get your humps in a wad lol! AA fans come in all ages, regions, backgrounds and levels of zaneyness much like Alizee fans around the world. Surely you know that if you have been lurking for so long. I appreciate your protective spirit though your introduction is a bit unorthodox. I am willing to give you another chance to play nice and join the gang. Sometimes I don't play nice. Self actualization sucks sometimes. If not then I will turn you over to Mr. Barrett for a thorough lashing lol!
Old 08-31-2009, 02:23 AM

Vil is on a distinguished road

Quote:
where is this picture from?

looks like the JPVA music video, but i don't recall her wearing a black coat or anything..
It looks like it might be a picture from a photoshoot or something from that era, but definitely not the video itself.

There's also what looks like a PSP or something on the bottom left hand corner >.>

Arg. Had to edit out link to the picture from your quote because of the 5 post limit lol
Old 08-31-2009, 03:03 AM
Century Child

Ben is on a distinguished road

She didn't wear this big coat during ACC either...

They're both pics taken on the sets of the videos, between takes or during rehersal.
Old 08-31-2009, 05:11 AM
amateur phlebotomist

Chuck is on a distinguished road
Red face Little Corsican Cutie - Good For You!

Little Corsican Cutie - Good For You! I'm serious!

But I assure you that this forum does NoT diresrespect Alizée. At least not very much. You love her. And we all love her, too. Our Comrade Wasabi, especially!

So I may've only heard "My Humps" once or twice in my life, but it's not such a terrible song. Fergie sings it as an anthem of feminine power. Which isn't too different from a lot of Alizée's subjects.

I mean, "sex" has almost always been part of her image, ever since "Lolita", right? Sex and female empowerment. It's been a theme in "Toc de Mac", "Goumandises", "Lui ou Toi", and so on. And it worked! Those records sold a lot!

Let's face it, it didn't hurt the sales when she showed off her derrière in those days. But you know what? I'm actually glad she no longer feels compelled to do that. She's a great artist. It's embarrassing!

And still, sex, power, and a "sex-positive" attitude remains a big theme with her in at least a couple of the songs of her last record - "Décolllage" and "Mon Taxi Driver" come to mind. And considering her idolizing and covering Madonna, well, her choosing a song by BlackEyed Peas (still tops in the charts here) wouldn't seem so odd to me at all.

{*To be honest, rather than that, I'd like to see her doing a cool duet with Willie Nelson. (No, he's not one of my faves, but I think they could do some magic if they got together.)}

Other than the "My Humps" suggestion, was it something else in particular that offended you? Please don't just go.((( Chuck
Old 08-31-2009, 06:26 AM
Paris féerique

Toc De Mac is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fall06 View Post
thanks TDM! she half rolls her "r"s? i dont really notice it, but i do notice that she speaks differently. she may have lost it though, you're right. after years of living in the US i dont have a spanish accent at all anymore. how do you make the half rolled r sound?
She doesn't always half-roll/kind-of-roll/roll (whatever you would call it ) her "R"s, it's only rarely. I've noticed it -- or I can replay the sound of her saying it -- especially with the word "vraiment," which she pronounces sometimes like "vrrrraiment," the rolled "R" still coming from the back of the throat as it does in French.

I just looked through a few interviews and didn't hear it, though I believe she might do it in the Fun TV interview. I'll look when I get home.

Old 08-31-2009, 08:02 AM
Recline yourself

user472884 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fyrel View Post
I want to have a Corsican accent when I learn French...I've noticed her French is different, though, but I don't think it's that pronounced. I'm not sure how it sounds to the French though.
Me too... but unfortunately I still cannot identify a Corsican accent (ironic, no?)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toc De Mac View Post
She doesn't always half-roll/kind-of-roll/roll (whatever you would call it ) her "R"s, it's only rarely. I've noticed it -- or I can replay the sound of her saying it -- especially with the word "vraiment," which she pronounces sometimes like "vrrrraiment," the rolled "R" still coming from the back of the throat as it does in French.
do you mean kinda like a weak growl?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jung_adore_ALIZEE View Post
so tell me how many of you know the meanings of her songs?
Only Moi Lolita......

mainly because everytime I hear an Alizée song I go into a mental state of paradise while I convulse on the ground while trying to sing along.

Last edited by user472884; 08-31-2009 at 08:05 AM.. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 08-31-2009, 10:46 AM

Little Corsican Cutie is on a distinguished road

Quote:
psh, if youre referring to my question, im simply saying it would hilarious!
sorta like a saturday night live parody type thing.
Actually,that's not even remotely funny! Was it funny when she was singing las isla bonita? That "song" you're referring to is nothing but sexual innuendo,and is VULGAR! I've heard it only once,and it was one time to many!
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBarrett View Post
Apparently not that many.
There has been a lot of analyzing-her-songs threads around in the old ends of this forum. Some might find it a bit interesting.
Knowing Mylène you're gonna love what you stumble upon.

That's subjective my friend.
Besides, there's a free will anyone can sing what they want, and you can't assume Alizée doesn't at least like a few songs that aren't of your personal tongue. Please.
We're all here for a good time, and whether you find it idiotic, demeaning, defiling, or whatnot of your brain's fabrication, is simply that, your brain's fabrication.
So if you're going to stick around, have fun doing it and i'll see you around mate, or head back to your previous state.
NO - it isn't! The meaning is perfectly clear! It's not up to you to decide what another person likes,or dislikes,or what meaning a song written by someone else is! I'm not here to fight,but there are a lot of stupid comments on here that don't promote either Alizee',or any website like this with " What do you think is her favourite colour?" These are only suppositions,or assumptions rather,and are off topic. I iunderstand what sarcasm is,but a lot of this is just silly! Keep those comments in an off-topic thread,and not a general discussion thread like this one. You are most certainly entitled to your opinion,but I'm not going to" go back to the state where I came from" because your uncomfortable with my comments! There's no fabrication there - mate! I happen to have a little more information than a lot of you here think you do. I won't share it,as most of it is confidential,and entrusted not to be shared with the rest of the world. I'll share what I can,and forget the rest.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pepelepew View Post
Come on LCC don't get your humps in a wad lol! AA fans come in all ages, regions, backgrounds and levels of zaneyness much like Alizee fans around the world. Surely you know that if you have been lurking for so long. I appreciate your protective spirit though your introduction is a bit unorthodox. I am willing to give you another chance to play nice and join the gang. Sometimes I don't play nice. Self actualization sucks sometimes. If not then I will turn you over to Mr. Barrett for a thorough lashing lol!
A sledgemahmmer is more painful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck View Post
Little Corsican Cutie - Good For You! I'm serious!

But I assure you that this forum does NoT diresrespect Alizée. At least not very much. You love her. And we all love her, too. Our Comrade Wasabi, especially!

So I may've only heard "My Humps" once or twice in my life, but it's not such a terrible song. Fergie sings it as an anthem of feminine power. Which isn't too different from a lot of Alizée's subjects.

I mean, "sex" has almost always been part of her image, ever since "Lolita", right? Sex and female empowerment. It's been a theme in "Toc de Mac", "Goumandises", "Lui ou Toi", and so on. And it worked! Those records sold a lot!

Let's face it, it didn't hurt the sales when she showed off her derrière in those days. But you know what? I'm actually glad she no longer feels compelled to do that. She's a great artist. It's embarrassing!

And still, sex, power, and a "sex-positive" attitude remains a big theme with her in at least a couple of the songs of her last record - "Décolllage" and "Mon Taxi Driver" come to mind. And considering her idolizing and covering Madonna, well, her choosing a song by BlackEyed Peas (still tops in the charts here) wouldn't seem so odd to me at all.

{*To be honest, rather than that, I'd like to see her doing a cool duet with Willie Nelson. (No, he's not one of my faves, but I think they could do some magic if they got together.)}

Other than the "My Humps" suggestion, was it something else in particular that offended you? Please don't just go.((( Chuck
This is the only thing that really offended me,except some bullshit that "rocket" said about how she met Alizee which I know for a fact isn't true. "My humps" isn't about "female empowerment",as the title is self explantory. Music is only a subjective view to a point. There is no reason to defend trashy songs,or music - no matter what genre it is! The blackeyed sleaze would never be missed if they fell off the face of the earth! There are also a few dozen others that could do the same,and no one would miss them for a single second!

Just because you sing about spreading your legs,that doesn't empower females,or femininity(I hope I spelled that right),but rather positive role models,and upright attitudes towards females,not sex objects! I think my english is good enough that all can understand what I'm saying. I shouldn't have to defend myself here against any opposition. I adore Alizee,and anyone thinking that it's funny that she sing another ones' song - isn't really helping further her cause any,and makes it hard for me to take this site seriously. It's difficult enough to get any of my friends interested in Alizee,and jokes make it even more so. Most of this stuff here is off-topic musically,and just assumptions about her in general,and I don't understand why this site keeps going when there is nothing that can be considered information on her -except when a song is on a website,or when a new album is released.

Tags
chronology, dates, events, misc., questions, timeline