Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 06-28-2010, 01:10 PM

Criss_pl is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaronius31 View Post
Wow I never saw that. Thanks for the enlightenment! I look at this song so much differently now....
Well, it's just one of possible interpretations, I see it clearly.
Phrases like: I advanced, I hurried, I did [...] for you; and without you world dies, flickers show this quite good, I believe. Of course, it's a literal interpretation, the first "layer" of the song.
Old 06-28-2010, 01:12 PM
Favorite: JEAMizée

User22 is on a distinguished road

Oh I can see it now. Thanks
Old 06-28-2010, 01:30 PM

Jenny_HRO87 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by robertrhein View Post
Even though some of the songs lyrics may have a certain dark tone, overall the song is upbeat, fresh, new, positive, great beat, like to listen to it really loud, good to dance to, should be being played in clubs everywhere, would love to hear any remixes of it when they come out.
+ 1

A coeur fendre was one of my favourites from the beginning - even when we just had the extract from amazon - because of its happy, fresh and cheeky atmosphere... well later I got a bit deeper into the lyrics and was a prerry surprised that the song is so "dark" and also a bit depressing...but to be honest I never really cared to much about the lyrics at the beginning. If I like a song or not depends on the feeling I have when I listen to it...
And all I see is life, life in a beautiful light."
Old 06-30-2010, 12:32 AM
Favorite: JEAMizée

User22 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by HRO87 View Post

A coeur fendre was one of my favourites from the beginning - even when we just had the extract from amazon

If I like a song or not depends on the feeling I have when I listen to it...
It was the one i wanted to hear most with the Amazonmp3 extracts....but when i heard the whole thing I was happy but wish it was more awesome in the sense that it was upbeat the whole time like it is in the chorus. Well I guess that's just wishing for JPVA #2 haha.

But yes thats one of the reasons that most of us are here, we didn't mind the french at first because "I like a song or not depends on the feeling I have when I listen to it..." That's why foreign music can still attract people.
Old 08-04-2010, 06:22 PM
Ultimate Alizée Fan

Alizée@Rügen is on a distinguished road

One of my first favorites song, I like it!
Old 08-04-2010, 06:51 PM

babyblue558 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
that's just wishing for JPVA #2
OHMYGODYES!! J'ai pas trente ans haha.
Old 08-04-2010, 10:27 PM
Founder: 5,060 club.

wasabi622 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
I definitely, just like everyone else, get that feeling or thought too. It seems like it could have been the "J'ai Pas Vingt Ans" of the album, but then one looks at the lyrics and one's mind changes haha.

I can see what you mean, but this album is just too dark to have anything like a "J'ai Pas Vingt Ans" to it. It would be too out of place. That would be like having a Limelight for Pyschedelices. Very out of character.

Though.. if she did make a J'ai Pas Trente Ans, I'd kill for it. Not that it matters, but seeing as how I am indeed 20 now..

Old 08-04-2010, 11:05 PM
Big fan of SooYoung and IU

Lucian_RO is on a distinguished road

I consider this the second best song on UEDS, after Les Collines. It's a bit more fast-paced and the voice post-processing is done just right, without making it sound too synthetic. I used to listen to it for a while, but now I'm not listening to anything from UEDS. The older stuff (first 2 albums) is still what I like the most.

Old 08-05-2010, 07:14 AM

babyblue558 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by wasabi622 View Post
I can see what you mean, but this album is just too dark to have anything like a "J'ai Pas Vingt Ans" to it. It would be too out of place. That would be like having a Limelight for Pyschedelices. Very out of character.

Though.. if she did make a J'ai Pas Trente Ans, I'd kill for it. Not that it matters, but seeing as how I am indeed 20 now..
I think that although we'd all love another upbeat JPVAish song, she's done more than her fill of upbeat, poppy songs. I don't think she could make any improvement on songs like ML JPVA and Fifty - Sixty, which are all imo examples of the perfect pop song. It's much better that she left the territory of pop that she was so comfortable in to do something completely different. I really admire her for doing that, even there are gonna be a certain amount of people who hate the change.
Old 08-05-2010, 07:40 AM
Psychédélices Era Fan

Zeerre is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by babyblue558 View Post
It's much better that she left the territory of pop that she was so comfortable in to do something completely different. I really admire her for doing that, even there are gonna be a certain amount of people who hate the change.
Guilty as charged. I actually think Psychédélices was well balanced and had the potential to appeal to pretty much everyone, but UEdS it's just way too much in one direction, and quite frankly I just don't like it.

Tags
a coeur fendre, alizee, discussion, song, ueds