Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 08-21-2012, 08:48 AM

mzracing76 is on a distinguished road
Default Obsession, Stalking, Seriousness.....

I recently read a great novel titled "XO" by Jeffery Deaver. And it made me think, how far is to far? When we follow a certain singer/popstar, and you gain that extra relationship with them, as in Emails/Facebook/Twitter, at what point does it lead to stalking much less obsession? We all love Alizee, but how far can we go before it is considered Stalking or Obsession...

This book raises alot of questions, namely the way a Stalker lives his/her life, how they think, and how they act. For the moment, lets discuss the life of a stalker and find out if we would really go that far regarding Alizee.

(Please, keep this thread professional)
Thanks,
MZ
Old 08-21-2012, 09:45 AM

ALS is on a distinguished road

Following her on twitter and Facebook is one thing. When you start sending letters, Emails, presents to her home, walking her street hoping to meet her and hanging out at places she goes like the dance studio then you have gone way over the line.
Old 08-21-2012, 12:10 PM
Favorite: JEAMizée

User22 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALS View Post
Following her on twitter and Facebook is one thing. When you start sending letters, Emails, presents to her home, walking her street hoping to meet her and hanging out at places she goes like the dance studio then you have gone way over the line.
Debatable with the "places she likes to go". If someone is waiting in front of places she likes to go just to spot her, then yes thats over the line. But its perfectly acceptable to go to a restaurant she likes, and if she shows up, then she shows up. Waiting outside her dance studio or salon looking and waiting like a stalker is over the line, not simply visiting them. It's the intent you have when you visit her hometown

All the other stuff you listed is definitely over the line.
Old 08-21-2012, 01:16 PM

Panther is on a distinguished road

This is an interesting topic and I'm looking forward to seeing some of the replies I am aware that here in the UK plenty of women go to nightclubs where they know that male 'celebrities' will be - eg premiership footballers etc - hoping to get picked up by them. That seems quite a predatory thing to do IMO but seems to be socially 'acceptable'

So the question of "how far is too far" is very interesting. I'm going to spend some time thinking about this and then reply more fully but in the meantime I suppose if you were to set up something like this near her home it would be ok wouldn't it?

Old 08-21-2012, 02:13 PM
For me... formidable

SpanishFan is on a distinguished road

It is funny how a man trying to spot a female singer from distance can be considered as a stalker, while a woman trying to sneak in the hotel bedroom of a male singer, writing letters to him talking about sexual fantasies and "wanting babies" with him,etc... it is considered normal fan stuff.
Meh.
Old 08-21-2012, 02:35 PM
n

Karlalizee is on a distinguished road

As one who has been stalked I can speak from experience. I am not referring to paparazzi, I am talking about the real nut jobs. Seeking a person out is cute and flattering but, as soon as I say 'Stop!', anything that happens after that is harassment. There is no hard line to go by. You have to trust your instincts. Anytime you feel that your property or life could be threatened, that is the point of harassment. I have had thousands of cards, letters, gifts and even proposals of marriage over the years. Most of them were quite nice but a few were very disturbing. I have been approached by people asking for autographs or pose with them for pictures while I was in a restaurant, movie theater, shopping center or even the grocery store. One time I was approached by a man who serenaded me in the parking lot outside a studio. lol I have had flashers, perverts, men who have threatened to kill them selves if I refused to go on a date with them. There have been men who approached me and asked if they could kiss and worship my feet. (weird) There have been men who have slept in their cars outside of my house and then follow me when I would leave.

I can sympathize with Lili. Even more so since she has a daughter to protect. It does make me happy when I see her pose for pictures with a fan or a group of fans. Hey, that gives me an idea. On the next album autograph session for Alizee America, maybe you can request a group shot with her.
Old 08-21-2012, 02:37 PM

Euphoria is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Oh you're bad.
Old 08-21-2012, 04:31 PM
Alizée dreamer

Un-rêve is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Guess I'm OK then.. I met Alizée in Ajaccio by pure chance and I haven't sent any fanmail or gifts to her since April 2005. Well that was to her record company btw and I doubt she even got it.. not that it matters now.

Well I'm not as crazy about her as I once was.. I don't even have any intentions of going to any future autograph sessions she does because I just don't feel the need to.

Nonetheless there will always be a special place in my heart for her.

Alizée, Balayent les maux de cœur
Old 08-21-2012, 06:37 PM

vivealizee is on a distinguished road

Quote:
I don't even have any intentions of going to any future autograph sessions she does because I just don't feel the need to.
I don't even have any intentions of buying her stuff or at least put a poster on the wall, because that's not what it is about and I just don't fell the need either.
Still she f**ks with my mind, a lot.

Edit:
Quote:
Y'a les baisers
Les premiers
Goût d'embruns
Goût de spleen
Y'a les baisés volés
Dans les trains de tsarines
Les baisés d'un été
Où la main s'achemine
Mais les baisés d'Alizée
Sont de vraies gourmandises
Guess MF nailed it.

Last edited by vivealizee; 08-21-2012 at 06:53 PM..
Old 08-21-2012, 06:58 PM
Alizée dreamer

Un-rêve is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivealizee View Post
I don't even have any intentions of buying her stuff or at least put a poster on the wall, because that's not what it is about and I just don't fell the need either.
Still she f**ks with my mind, a lot.
Each to their own but it's more likely the internet and places like this that f*ck with your mind.

It's OK! C'est la vie!

Alizée, Balayent les maux de cœur