Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 08-21-2012, 07:10 PM

vivealizee is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Each to their own but it's more likely the internet and places like this that f*ck with your mind.
What do you mean? I'm not sure I understood your post.
Old 08-21-2012, 07:24 PM
Alizée dreamer

Un-rêve is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivealizee View Post
What do you mean? I'm not sure I understood your post.
Whats not to understand?

Alizée is pure!!! I feel it's only bad comments you read about her that can f**k up your mind.

Doesn't matter.. your last post is clear to me now.

Alizée, Balayent les maux de cœur
Old 08-21-2012, 07:29 PM

vivealizee is on a distinguished road

Still not sure if I get your point, but I'm not a native english speaker.
Well, I wouldn't know her without the internet, sure it would make things easier. And yes I don't know the "real" Alizée, I just can guess.

However, If I would get an Alizée tatoo or something, the thread name "obsession, stalking, seriousness" would fit pretty good as an underline..
Old 08-21-2012, 09:11 PM
Last Fan Standing

Ray4AJ is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by mzracing76 View Post
I recently read a great novel titled "XO" by Jeffery Deaver. And it made me think, how far is to far? When we follow a certain singer/popstar, and you gain that extra relationship with them, as in Emails/Facebook/Twitter, at what point does it lead to stalking much less obsession? We all love Alizee, but how far can we go before it is considered Stalking or Obsession...

This book raises alot of questions, namely the way a Stalker lives his/her life, how they think, and how they act. For the moment, lets discuss the life of a stalker and find out if we would really go that far regarding Alizee.

(Please, keep this thread professional)
Thanks,
MZ
I've read some Jeffery Deaver fiction in the past, not much though. This was one that I was going to listen to on audiobook when it was at the library, but I have not yet. Therefore not really knowing much about stalkers, I can only come up with a few thoughts.

The life of a stalker... Most people rationalize their own actions to themselves, so in the stalker's mind, they aren't doing anything wrong. They are following a path that they expect will lead them to their goal. For an interest to become an obsession and then to lead to stalking? Maybe there is a personality type or character flaw, whatever those are. Lack of respect for others? Lack of awareness of societal norms?

For me, I follow Alizée on Twitter and Instagram. I find it interesting to see what she chooses to share with us, and also because news about the new album seems to hit there first. I've sent a handful of encouraging comments to her like when we first heard the new single, and a birthday wish. And I complained to her about not being able to purchase the single for download here, before I learned more about how the music world operates.

Are those of us who are posting on the forum most days obsessed? I tell myself I use these tools (Twitter, Instagram, and AAm forum) to help keep the Alizée magic alive. This magic has made a tremendous improvement in my general mood somehow, and I'm determined to not let it fade away. I'm obsessed with my Alizée Experience as it is now. I wonder what this makes me....

I agree this should be an interesting thread.
Old 08-21-2012, 09:32 PM

mzracing76 is on a distinguished road

In the book, this stalker uses the singers message board for inforkation, gets personal email, and uses her Lyrics to plot out her next move.

Ray - you described alot of what a stalker that this books brings to mind. In the mind of a stalker, they believe in their mind that singer is talkin about them within the lyrics, emails, facebook that they seem to start believing their fantasy is REAL.

Game - what song that Alizee sings could be used to plot out different scenerios? First the abuction, then aa murder....abd the crimes dont necessary involve the singer, especially if the stalker is trying to protect the siger from someine or something.
Old 08-21-2012, 11:12 PM
Alizée dreamer

Un-rêve is on a distinguished road

The main reason we're here is to keep up with news on our beloved Alizée.

Deep down I know I'm obsessed with her.. hell yeah I am so what!? OK I said it but if we're honest, on one level or another I'd say we all are!

Nonetheless I've always wanted to support her because I love her but at the end of the day maybe I've just let her down.

C'est la vie!

Alizée, Balayent les maux de cœur
Old 08-22-2012, 12:01 AM
Favorite: JEAMizée

User22 is on a distinguished road

Stop saying "CEST LA VIE"!!!!!

It keeps bringing back my childhood of jearing my sister play this song

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x68...ewitched_music
Old 08-22-2012, 03:52 AM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

Well I don't consider myself a stalker, but maybe some people think otherwise.

I'm sure most of you know I work for an airline. I usually work outside in the winter, and it get's pretty cold here at that time of year. I used to spend most of my vacations going to warmer climates such as the Caribbean or Mexico or South America. Since I found out about Alizee, I still take most of my vacations in the winter, but now I mostly go to Europe and I'm sure you all know the reason why.

I've always said my main dream concerning her would have been to be front row, center stage for one of her En Concert performances. After that I wish I could have been at certain performances, i.e., JAM at Festivalbar 2003. My main dream now, is to see her in concert, singing some of my favorite songs in their original format, or hopefully some of her new songs will become some of my favorites and I'll get to see them.

I've made 4 trips to Paris in the past 5 years. I never tried to find out where she lived and I know there are members in here and in AF who know where she lived, but I didn't care back then and I wouldn't care now if she still lived there.

The main reasons for my 4 trips to Paris were the two autograph sessions and the two cancelled concerts.

The only things I've done in Paris that might be loosely construed as being of a stalking nature is I went to the Olympia theater during the day when nothing was going on and offered one of the guys behind the ticket counter some money to let me in. He refused. I could have gone to a show at night but there was not enough time in my schedule and I would've prefered to see the place empty.

I went to a few places she performed such as Hotel de ville (city hall) where she performed JPVA and of course the Eiffel tower area where she performed the same song, both back in 2003.

On one of my trips to Italy, I went to Pistoia. I never would have heard of that town if it wasn't for Alizee. I went there for 2 reasons, mainly because Alizee performed there, twice in fact singing ML in 2002, then JAM in 2003, but the second reason was because it was a beautiful town.

On that same trip to Italy, I also went down to Taormina in Sicily. When I first thought about going there, I found out how far south of Rome it was and said, I'm not going to make that trip, then I looked up Taormina in the internet and found out what a beautiful location it was, and I just had to go, as with Pistoia, it was for 2 reasons.

I also made a trip to the Triage Lavoire building where ACC was filmed. It's still abandoned. It was partially rehabbed. It was locked up when I went there, but I found a way in.

Then this year, I went to the Les Enfoires show in Lyon. Twice in fact on 2 consecutive nights. After that I went to Ajaccio. As with Paris, I knew there were members who knew where, what I thought at the time was where she used to live, but I told members when I was discussing my trip that I did not want to know. I wasn't that interested in knowing, but I knew if someone told me where she "used" to live, I'd be tempted to go by.

If my memory serves me right, I planned on spending 4 days in Ajaccio. At that point she still had a couple of more shows to do in Lyon. Before the Les Enfoires shows, she had spent a lot of time in Ajaccio, apparently getting ready for them and I think just about everyone thought she would go back to Paris from Lyon. Of course we found out soon afterwards, that her and Jeremy were no more and she instead went to Ajaccio.

When I found that out, I just had to change my vacation plans and stay a couple of extra days. I walked up and down the streets of Ajaccio, past some of what I thought were her favorite hangouts, hoping for a chance encounter.

Back when I was discussing my trip to Ajaccio in AF, another member told me about a place ( I wont go into any more detail than that) that she liked to frequent. After I found out she returned to Ajaccio, I went past this place several times, I even had lunch at a nearby cafe in the hopes she might stroll by. (This place was between my hotel and the main tourist area, so I more or less had to go by there several times anyways ). As it turns out, this place was right next door to where she lives. But I'm glad I didn't realize it. I was content not to know, but I'm not sure what I would have done if I had known.

I also went to the school where she learned to dance. I met Madam Muffragi. But this was something we planned well in advance, again when we thought she'd be returning to Paris after leaving Lyon.
Old 08-22-2012, 06:48 AM
Last Fan Standing

Ray4AJ is on a distinguished road

I've come up with quite a bit more but only have a small amount of time before I have to get on to work. Here goes.

MZ's game... There are only a few of Alizée's songs that I have a grasp of the literal translations so far. But I figure a stalker could really get a good start with J'en ai marre, specifically the refrain. No slow drivers would be safe. Big sisters everywhere would need to live in fear. To impress Alizée, all these irritations would need to be dealt with.

I think the term obsession gets a bad rap. Sure, when someone goes beyond normal boundaries and it affects someone else, that's never good. But I've been obsessed with a car I once had, and now and then a video game. Other things too. Didn't bother anyone else. So now I'm interested in finding out things about Alizée. I don't think I have a problem.

Alizée is using social media to engage her fans. She can dispense information and what-have-you, and she (and Sony) can glean information back about the demographics and thoughts of her fans.

Out of time. Hope to get back to it this evening.

Ok, it's evening now. Thanks to all for waiting for me to continue!

Well, I'm running out of steam on the topic for now.

I went by the library and picked up the XO audiobook this afternoon. I had to stop listening to Alizée though in the car. I'll get over the bad feeling I hope. Since it's temporary. Anyway, I've only just started and I think it will be interesting. The author wrote some songs for the book, and had them recorded, and one you can download for free, and the others I think they are selling. Go to his website and read the excerpt, which is the prologue, and then the first two chapters.

http://jefferydeaver.com/Novels_/XO/...t/excerpt.html

I'm going to let some of the other members have it for now before the thread becomes "Ray rationalizes his obsession."

Last edited by Ray4AJ; 08-22-2012 at 09:05 PM.. Reason: Picking up where I had left off
Old 08-23-2012, 03:44 PM

Panther is on a distinguished road

I guess I am obsessed. I check her Twitter etc and the forums everyday to see what's new so I obviously spend a lot of time thinking about her. I play her music pretty much everyday at some point. None of my friends are interested in her (freaks) so I wind them up by keep mentioning her. If that all adds up to an obsession then so be it. It doesn't worry me because it makes me feel good.

As for stalking? Well it wouldn't take much effort for me to pop over to Corsica for a trip as I spend quite a lot of time travelling around Europe. But I wouldn't dream of hanging around on her turf on the off-chance of seeing her or bumping into her. There wouldn't be much point in doing that if I didn't actually approach her and I think it would be very awkward. That would feel like stalking to me and I think it would be perceived as such and frighten her to be honest. Of course I'd love to meet her and if I saw her at an airport or something like that then I would approach her and ask for the obligatory 'fan photograph'.

What I'd really love to happen is to spend a day with her driving me around the Island in a convertible, showing me the sights, and telling me exactly what happened at the end of 2003 / start of 2004.

I can dream can't I?