Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

View Poll Results: Do you like Alizée the same now that she has more tattoos?
110% - Yes I like her even more! The tats are an upgrade and she is so hawt! 1 3.13%
100% - No change, I love Alizée the same tattoo's or not; who cares?! 10 31.25%
90% - I may not like all of her tattoo's but they are beautiful expressions of herself! 3 9.38%
80% - Okay, I don't like her tattoos so far, but she can redeem herself!... 0 0%
70% - Well... I tolerated tinkerbell, I tolerated Annily, & I tolerated the ankle, wrists, and shoulder tats ... I can make it through this! 1 3.13%
60% - She's a woman, she's got woman parts... I can handle tattoo's even if I don't like 'em. 0 0%
50% - I'm still hoping all that stuff on her arm is just temporary! Please pleae please be temporary! 2 6.25%
40% - Poop is where I draw the line! 0 0%
30% - Aaaaaand the line I drew has been double crossed!... You are one tattoo away from me not given a poop! 1 3.13%
20% - Noooooooo!!! She was beautiful!... Alizée, what have you done!!!!! 11 34.38%
10% - I have given up on caring about her looks. She can tattoo her face now for all I care. 2 6.25%
0% - Thank goodness she has a good voice, otherwise I wouldn't have any interest in her. 1 3.13%
Voters: 32. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-26-2012, 10:18 AM
Take me to Lilly Town

Taxi Driver Aaron is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scruffydog777 View Post
No it's not that complicated. Susan Boyle has a great voice. If it had been her in that jam suit, I would have been one and done as far as listening. A tremendous part of why I enjoyed Alizee's music was her physical beauty and the beauty of her dancing. She is losing the type of beauty that appealed to me and except for Les Enfoires, there has been no dancing that can come close to comparing to the dances of her early years.

It's almost like talking about a completely different singer. The only thing that's the same is the voice. I love that voice, but I don't know if the music that will be with this new album will be enough to win me over to the new Alizee. I'm hoping it will. I'm optimistic, but until january rolls around, I wont know.
If her physical beauty was a tremendous reason why you liked Alizée, then I'd say you would probably rank her at 50% or lower on the chart right now.

Old 09-26-2012, 10:28 AM

ALS is on a distinguished road

There needs to be another selection. I still love Alizée the person but I hate the tattoos due to their being are a real determent to who she is.

Like I've said before Tinkerbell didn't bother me because that is the immaturity that is Alizée. Everything after that is just too much as Scruffydog has pointed out. You have to remember those of us older members don't look at tattoos as art we look at them as something that a stripper or person of lower class up bringing does.

I'd say half my employees have tattoos and they don't bother me because they're not covering their whole bodies with them. A small one on a shoulder, wrist, ankle or calf is kind of cute. What Alizée has done is not cute. The lizard is cute, Tinkerbell is cute, the rest are not cute and in fact they take away from her natural beauty. Maybe putting a matching lizard on the other ankle would have been an option. These animated characters are really a turn off to a lot of people.

If it wasn't for me being into Alizée the person due to her personality and singing, and I was one of those guys that was infatuated in her due to her looks, I'd have been gone a long time ago. These tattoos will have little effect on her REAL fans but there is that segment of her fan base it will have a major negative impact on their loyalty.
Old 09-26-2012, 12:52 PM

vivealizee is on a distinguished road

If I think of the times when there was no doubt, and you clicked on the j'en ai marre music video and enjoyed every moment without questioning, then I can't say that I love her or that she is beautiful. And just to question if she is still beautiful is some kind of doubt.
Thats my honest opinion. Just watched the music video and saw this thread. She is pretty and I like her when I only watch new stuff, but when I have the comparison when I watch JEAM it's just nothing, 'cause "this" Alizée was just pure magical, imo. Nothing like today.
If you see it different, good for you, but I would lie to myself if I would say that she is perfect. She was perfect for me years ago, she is still the best, but just because there is no one better.
Just my 2 cents.
Old 09-26-2012, 03:54 PM
Take me to Lilly Town

To everyone that thinks the poll should be changed.

I can't please everyone with a poll to their personal liking so quit trying to modify it your way... just choose a category with the choices you've got and pick the one that fits best!... or... make your own poll! I promise I will participate in yours and not try to change it.

Friendly and comical suggestions are welcome, but there is no need to get all butt hurt about the subject...it's a friendly poll guys! Just sayin.

Old 09-26-2012, 03:56 PM
Take me to Lilly Town

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivealizee View Post
If I think of the times when there was no doubt, and you clicked on the j'en ai marre music video and enjoyed every moment without questioning, then I can't say that I love her or that she is beautiful. And just to question if she is still beautiful is some kind of doubt.
Thats my honest opinion. Just watched the music video and saw this thread. She is pretty and I like her when I only watch new stuff, but when I have the comparison when I watch JEAM it's just nothing, 'cause "this" Alizée was just pure magical, imo. Nothing like today.
If you see it different, good for you, but I would lie to myself if I would say that she is perfect. She was perfect for me years ago, she is still the best, but just because there is no one better.
Just my 2 cents.
Honestly... I love her voice... but I cannot say I love her looks anymore. I like her more like a cousin now than someone I would want to marry.

Old 09-26-2012, 04:07 PM

Karin is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taxi Driver Aaron View Post
so you're saying you don't like her more then?... I'm just giving you a hard time.
I like her the same way as before... maybe first time when we hear another tattoo its "omg no"... but after little time I dont care...

Last edited by Karin; 09-26-2012 at 04:12 PM..
Old 09-26-2012, 04:34 PM

ALS is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karin View Post
I like her the same way as before... maybe first time when we hear another tattoo its "omg no"... but after little time I dont care...
That's how I look at it. She has gotten to the point with the tattoos what does it matter if she slaps another one on her arm.
Old 09-26-2012, 05:22 PM

Euphoria is on a distinguished road

She's a mess. Sorry, but I don't see how cartoon characters could be all that meaningful to her. She is really showing her immaturity with all these ridiculous tattoos. I have to admit, when she first got the Tinkerbell, I lost some respect for her. After a while, it didn't really bother me because your back can be easily covered. The gecko is cute, doesn't bother me. Even the Annily tattoo is okay because it's her daughter and of course she is meaningful to her. The rest though, are ridiculous, and they look like crap in terms of the quality of the tattoos.
Old 09-26-2012, 05:32 PM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

Well at this point, it does still matter. Look at that great profile picture we have from the video that was released last week where she was sitting on top of the desk with her legs extended out near the begining of the video. She looked great in that because she still at this point has a good profile left, she still has great legs left, but I feel those days are numbered.

You could have a hundred different choices in this poll and I think none of them would correctly fit all the feelings of each member here. The answers are just too complex to get an accurate feel of what each member thinks.

It's possible I might like this album more than those of any other artist I've liked over the years. But the early Alizee was so enjoyable to watch and listen to, that it was off the charts in how much enjoyment it brought me and reaching that level, might be impossible even for her.

The beauty is not at the same level, unless she dresses a certain way or stands a certain way.

Is the dancing we saw in this video, going to be the extent of what we can expect with the rest of the album? That would be another big loss. Les Enfoires shows she still has it if she can find someone capable of putting together dance routines that will take advantage of her abilities.

I loved the music of Laurent Boutanant. I don't think there was 1 bad song on her first two albums, music wise. I expect a few good songs in this album, but again, can Sony reach the level of good music that LB put out? Again, I don't think so. Still with songs like Ella Ella, La Isla Bonita, PLP show she can get by without him, but it was so much easier for her when she was working with him.

So this album and a few songs on it may be chart toppers, but I don't think it can reach the level of MCE and Gour. Even though "at this point" a lot of her great beuaty is still left, she is still a great dancer and a joy to watch, and there's a lot of great music out there, I doubt that all those can come together as well as they did in her early years. Possible, but not likely.
Old 09-26-2012, 05:37 PM
Take me to Lilly Town

Quote:
Originally Posted by Euphoria View Post
She's a mess. Sorry, but I don't see how cartoon characters could be all that meaningful to her. She is really showing her immaturity with all these ridiculous tattoos. I have to admit, when she first got the Tinkerbell, I lost some respect for her. After a while, it didn't really bother me because your back can be easily covered. The gecko is cute, doesn't bother me. Even the Annily tattoo is okay because it's her daughter and of course she is meaningful to her. The rest though, are ridiculous, and they look like crap in terms of the quality of the tattoos.
I don't really care to judge the type or quality of her tattoos... to me it doesn't matter how beautiful or cute they are... I just don't like so many of them on her... she had soft sink, like her song says... now her song should say "I have inked skin."

When she got all tatted up at first, it was like putting a mustache on the Mona Lisa... but then she continues to do it over and over again... so now it's like putting on a pair of $1000 loafers and then stepping in poop over and over again... might as well take a bat to my favorite car.... but ah well... again... I still love her music... I just see her differently.