Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée News

Old 10-10-2012, 12:07 PM

vivealizee is on a distinguished road

I thought that it's produced by Jive Epic, and isn't it an offshoot of Sony?
Old 10-10-2012, 09:19 PM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

You're right. Sony does own Jive so they are an offshoot. What I'm getting at is one of the things I used to harp on a lot was the fact Alizee needed a good manager and with this album I feel there are numerous people involved with putting together this album and I think the more the better. I think this album probably was ready for an October release and others who probably weren't involved with it to begin with, listened to it, knew in it's present form it wasn't going to sell and they put a stop to it.

I think that's evident in one of her statements where she said they recognized the song released wasn't one of the better songs and I'm sure that's what Sony...........Jive had her say. They recognize that fact now and are working to make it a much better album.

The main point being she is working with a bigger group of people now. People who I'm sure have more experience. People who I'm sure who would realize a group like CM is a terrible fit for her voice.

They made a mistake with the release of the first song, but they at least recognize it was a mistake and now will move on.
Old 10-10-2012, 09:45 PM
Last Fan Standing

Ray4AJ is on a distinguished road

Regardless of the reasons for the delay, I keep thinking that it could only help the situation if they would at least give out a few details describing the delay. I can understand that Sony may be stuck in it's ways, or think they know best. Maybe they do. They probably have a better idea of how many serious fans Alizée has than we do. Maybe it's a small number who even concern themselves with the release date, and Sony knows it, and knows that we'll buy the album no matter what.

On topic again, These DJ sets do seem to be a good way to bring her back into the public eye among the target audience, her peers, in her country. I'll be missing this one like I missed the last one.
Old 10-10-2012, 11:12 PM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

Well if I'm right in the fact that Sony is behind these dj gigs, then we will probably see a lot more of it, and we will see other efforts to promote her. Unfortunately there does not seem to be as many tv shows around now, that would have been a tremendous way to promote her. So I guess they have to work with what's left, but I think they will come up with something.

I don't think they will come out with a reason for the delay, but I think it spoke volumes when they said that they realized the first song was not going to be the best song of this album. I think that was huge. That song in it's version that was released with the video, was not a bad song. I enjoyed it as much as any of the songs on her last 2 albums, with the possible exception of PLP, and for them to say it wasn't that good of a song, has to make you think there will be several songs noticably better.

As I've been trying to say, new people came into the picture when it didn't meet it's october dead line; new people who realized this album in it's present state, would not sell. But they came to realize the tremendous potential of Alizee, and they decided to devote all their resources to making this album work and I more than ever am tremendously optimistic about this new album.

I had warned some people before, who were thinking about making the trip to Paris in October that this was not a hard and fast date and not to buy any tickets until we heard something concrete, but there will be an autograph session in march, so be prepared.................................Paris in the spring!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by Scruffydog777; 10-10-2012 at 11:18 PM..
Old 10-11-2012, 01:36 AM

Rev is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scruffydog777 View Post
You...What I'm getting at is one of the things I used to harp on a lot was the fact Alizee needed a good manager and with this album I feel there are numerous people involved with putting together this album and I think the more the better. I think this album probably was ready for an October release and others who probably weren't involved with it to begin with, listened to it, knew in it's present form it wasn't going to sell and they put a stop to it.

I think that's evident in one of her statements where she said they recognized the song released wasn't one of the better songs and I'm sure that's what Sony...........Jive had her say. They recognize that fact now and are working to make it a much better album....
When engineers complete a set of plans for a structure, they then go to a high level engineer for final review. He could approve them as-is, send them back for major reworking, or anything in-between.

A similar review process at Sony could explain the delay in her album.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scruffydog777 View Post
Well if I'm right in the fact that Sony is behind these dj gigs, then we will probably see a lot more of it, and we will see other efforts to promote her. Unfortunately there does not seem to be as many tv shows around now, that would have been a tremendous way to promote her. So I guess they have to work with what's left, but I think they will come up with something....

As I've been trying to say, new people came into the picture when it didn't meet it's october dead line; new people who realized this album in it's present state, would not sell. But they came to realize the tremendous potential of Alizee, and they decided to devote all their resources to making this album work ......
Smart people.
Old 10-22-2012, 01:44 PM
#Lilibugged #Alizéen #Hashtag

melovelily is on a distinguished road

New pic/poster/ad From the promoter's ( steve night ) instagram

It's like the one in the OP , just a reminder i guess ( have to admit i forgot about the dj stuff ) anyways let's hope she wears something better this time

Last edited by melovelily; 10-22-2012 at 01:47 PM..
Old 10-23-2012, 04:06 AM
Favorite: JEAMizée

User22 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by melovelily View Post
anyways let's hope she wears something better this time
Yeah, I'm expecting the En Concert Youpidou outfit too
Old 10-26-2012, 06:16 PM

Karin is on a distinguished road

flyers

Old 10-26-2012, 08:16 PM

Karin is on a distinguished road