Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 10-15-2012, 02:31 AM

LE_LOUP_DES_STEPPES is on a distinguished road
Default Lana Del Rey - Lolita

I don't know if this has been brought up but if it has and you happen to be someone that can delete threads please by all means delete this. I don't want to be repetitive. I am sure most of you have heard of Lana Del Rey. I myself have not heard any of her music up until recently I stumbled across one of her songs "Lolita" While I was browsing around youtube for a certain live performance for Alizée's Moi Lolita, and I must say when I first heard it I didn't think much of it but then later I came across her music video for the song and decided to hear it for a second time and it really got to me the chorus became extremely catchy and alluring and her mix of Nancy Sinatra and Stanley Kubrick's Lolita Image is very appealing. It is quite clear that she is influenced by Kubrick's Film Lolita and Vladimir Nabokov story but could she be influenced by Alizée's song Moi Lolita? perhaps motivating her to do her own Version of it. So AAM what are your thoughts and views of the song?

<object width="640" height="360"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/DOBRp5LIDIQ?version=3&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/DOBRp5LIDIQ?version=3&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="640" height="360" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

Last edited by LE_LOUP_DES_STEPPES; 10-15-2012 at 08:14 AM..