Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 11-25-2012, 05:35 PM
Mélodie de vie, c'est l'odyssée!

Marka is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaronius31 View Post
All very good posts and MA I cracked up when you said "whats going on and what this girl doing" haha

But guys, I think I've got the solution. We keep a log book in a cave in Corsica, and after this site goes offline and we have no point of contact, we travel to the cave years down the road and people leave their contact information and whether or not they still have their harddrives and thier physical collections. That way we can keep an underground check-up system going and never lose her!

Im tired, that made little sense, night.
This made much more sense than the approach with the time machine when you go back in time and kidnapp Alizée

You know what, lets download everything Alizée related, store it on LTO8 tapes (when they are available, of course, they say that one will be able to store up to 12.8TB of uncompressed data on a single tape), save these tapes next to the check-up system you proposed, and voilà, we have double redundancy!

Of course, we should make everything redundand, the Corse cave serving as the primary location while other locations serving as mirrors...

I humanity happens to launch another Voyager-like spacecraft, we might arrange with them to send some songs and a couple of photos with it into deep space, to preserve them for very-far-into-the-future generations.
Old 11-25-2012, 06:25 PM
Last Fan Standing

Ray4AJ is on a distinguished road

At first I thought that using a cave in Corsica wouldn't be a good idea because of the difficulties getting there to access the material. But then I thought that most of you will have retired by then and after having successful careers will have relocated to Corsica to live out your lives on the little beaches and strolling along the harbor. I'll be long gone by then so I'm trusting you all to maintain the archive. Thanks in advance!
Old 11-25-2012, 08:43 PM
Dream always and all ways.

Azhiri is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matevz91 View Post
You certainly have a point there. Good thinking.

But, what if one realizes at advanced age, that he/she has wasted his/her life on certain things, perhaps because he never asked himself whether other possibilites exist? ==> I mean, perhaps instead of wasting his life on supporting 4 children, he should have gone with only 2 and spend the rest of his resources on his own education, hobbies...

Or perhaps an artist or scientist realizes that he has wasted his career on things he doesn`t really like and finds out, that he has lost his independence ("innocence") when he "grew up" (that is, when he accepted conformance to common ideas or ways of doing things)... perhaps only then he realizes, that this small woman from the far past is something he needs for inspiration ... to try to do things he would like to do the last time in his life...

You know, Alizée is not just a person, is not just someone we hear when we listen to UEDS or MCE, when we look at our computer desktop, ... as per my understanding, she is foremost a symbol, a symbol of Alizée-ness, which has a different meaning to every individual.

Just perhaps, only for certain persons and only at ones advanced age, will one start to begin to understand, what Alizée-ness really is... and that really is something that is worth telling your grandchildren about.

Therefore, being a fan for life - not possible. But being alizee-ish for life - totally plausible.
I've been a member of this forum for almost three years now (that's crazy to me, doesn't feel like that long at all) and I've seen members who have come and gone, and members who have been here far longer than I have and are still going strong. I've seen many, many, many posts and threads exploring "Alizee-ness", but I don't think I'll ever fully understand it because it seems to be a man thing. I do understand, though, that she's more than just a person to those fans who have stuck around as long as some of us here have. As someone who has never been "nuts" about Alizee, I can't really say much about that other than yes, I know that many people here see her as a symbol of that weird quality that brought us all here.

I think I will be Alizee-ish for life because in my early fan days, she was a big influence on my behavior and even my appearance. She taught me to demonstrate grace in not-so-ideal situations, behave kindly, professionally, and respectfully towards everyone, and that being beautiful or even sexy means being natural, as she says in my signature.

I cannot, however, imagine "going nuts" over any person, much less sixty years from now... once again, maybe it's just a man thing

"In any case, being sexy includes being natural. Anything can be sexy, except vulgarity." - Alizée
Old 11-25-2012, 11:15 PM
Last Fan Standing

Quote:
Originally Posted by matevz91 View Post
You know, Alizée is not just a person, is not just someone we hear when we listen to UEDS or MCE, when we look at our computer desktop, ... as per my understanding, she is foremost a symbol, a symbol of Alizée-ness, which has a different meaning to every individual.
Eh, she isn't a symbol to me. But I still get what you are saying.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azhiri View Post
I cannot, however, imagine "going nuts" over any person, much less sixty years from now... once again, maybe it's just a man thing
I can think of another way a fan could "go nuts" over a celebrity, actor, sports figure, etc. For several years I helped out on a pro drag racing team, and we traveled all over and had a great time and even won sometimes. The only way to make a small fortune racing is to start out with a big one. So the owner stopped and some of us went with another team but that wasn't fun so I got out of it. But what I'm getting at is that some of the spectators acted like the drivers were gods or something and wanted autographs and we'd give out old parts, and sold t-shirts and they just snapped everything up. We went along with it because we knew that the fans paid for tickets and that gave us places to race. To us, our fellow racers were just regular people we'd see at each event. We'd stay at the same hotels and go to the same restaurants and fly on the same planes. Nearly everyone involved in the class had real jobs as well in many different fields. There was nothing special about any of the drivers as far as I was concerned. Some I didn't even like. I don't think any of the fans acted like they did because of a 'man thing', I think there is something in human nature that can affect fans with respect to their chosen superstar. I don't know how it works.

There is more than one way a fan can go nuts over their ... I'll use 'hero' to simplify writing. I'm just offering an alternative to the 'man thing' theory. Though I'm sure that it's valid on many occasions as well.

I never imagined I'd be anyone's fan. I used to make fun of fans, and friends who I thought were being fan-nish. I sure don't do that anymore. In fact, I find that I'm much more agreeable at work and maybe even more understanding of the things others do that make no sense to me. Not really understanding, I still don't get it, but maybe I give them the benefit of the doubt that their ways will work somehow.

What Azhiri wrote
Quote:
She taught me to demonstrate grace in not-so-ideal situations, behave kindly, professionally, and respectfully towards everyone
about her Alizée-ish-ness does feel similar to what has happened to me. Not the same exact benefits, but the same kind of positive outcome. Both outward and inward. I'm a fan of that. I'll never be able to thank her enough. I think initially I was starstruck or something, but that's fading as far as I can tell.

I hope anyone who made the effort was able to follow that at least a bit.
Old 11-26-2012, 12:40 AM
Against The Current

Fall is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray4AJ View Post
I think there is something in human nature that can affect fans with respect to their chosen superstar. I don't know how it works.

There is more than one way a fan can go nuts over their ... I'll use 'hero' to simplify writing. I'm just offering an alternative to the 'man thing' theory. Though I'm sure that it's valid on many occasions as well.
I agree. It doesn't always have to be a man thing to be a big fan of Alizée, as most of you know, I am a huge Michael Jackson fan, and I'm straight lol, so there isn't any kind of attraction there.

Also, I thought the first post suggested somebody finding out about her in the future, but for the first time. In that case I think it could definitely happen. But to be bitten by the Lillybug all over again, is tough. Even now it would be tough a few years after discovering her, with so much more access to all things Zée than ever. If it was easy, then we might see a bunch of old AAmers coming back here to be part of it all again, but it's rare and almost always temporary
Old 11-27-2012, 02:58 AM
Alizée dreamer

Un-rêve is on a distinguished road

Alizée will live on forever!!!

Offcourse I believe our grandchildren's children will discover her too!

Well my son ( yes believe it or not I do have a son, not that I see him much though ) knows all about Alizée but I haven't talked to him about her in years because I saw he was getting infactuated with her just as I was and I wanted to save him from that, but I'm sure he still remembers her nonetheless.

Btw Fall06 I've always liked your signature

"We could fly, soar high, let our spirits never die" says it all.

Alizée, Balayent les maux de cœur
Old 11-27-2012, 07:25 AM
For me... formidable

SpanishFan is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matevz91 View Post

Now lets imagine that after some 60 or so years somebody remembers her and once again goes nuts about her... just, there is no youtube or anything of that kind, there is no Alizée stuff left to be found on the internet anymore (perhaps there is no more internet as we know it as humankind is in a horrific state, or perhaps no one bothered to transfer Lili's content to new services), except for perhaps some remarks in old wikipedia articles and some other stuff scattered throughout the basements of her ex-fans, most of them already dead...

If there is no internet or anything similar and the humankind is in a horrific state, my bet is that people would be worried about just getting food and shelter and try to survive...

If the world is more or less ok in 60 years, my bet is that everybody will have a custom boyfriend/girlfriend clone. Very similar as that Futurama episode where Fry has a "Lucy Liu" girlfriend...

Plus I own an Alizée autographed CD, she touched that paper, surely her fingerprint and a minimal portion of her DNA is still there...

Just joking... I am afraid I did not fully understand the thread. But reading some views in here, sometimes I feel like a second division Alizéé fan. You guys are reaaally Alizéeinfected

Last edited by SpanishFan; 11-27-2012 at 07:27 AM..
Old 11-27-2012, 11:53 AM
Mr. Mike

Future Raptor Ace is on a distinguished road

This "Alizéeinfected" or what ever you guys want to call it is just a passing phase in your life. I have been on this site for what will soon be 5 years and I can tell you I have seen the many highs and lows of this site. The reason why Alizee is so attractive to us males is because she is stunningly beautiful but at that same time comes across as sweet, "human" and down to earth. The problem with the above sentence is the key word "comes across." As you grow more conscious of how little you really know about her one starts to realize that she honestly is not anything special in the personality spectrum. You will run into women in your life that are honestly a lot more pretty, humble, kind, and at the same time actually care about you. Truth be told when someone has as much fame as Alizee, it changes the way one thinks weather they want it to or not. She obviously knows she can have any guy she possibly wants as well as knows the power she has to manipulate them; do you honestly think she doesn't use it? Now im not saying she is a bad person, I honestly think she is a good person, however she is just human .. an average female with good looks that achieved fame and success. As this becomes more and more obvious one starts to realize their attraction for Alizee is only justified by her looks and not the illusion that is her perceived personality. We are only sexually attracted to her like any beautiful woman we see because after all we are male mammals; does that mean anything more ... no of course not! Eventually most of you will come to understand what im saying and wont even have Alizee on your minds. Sure you will still listen to her music and probably still enjoy it, but you will know Alizee is just another pretty girl singing the song and that's it, all the other feelings you think you have for her currently will vanish.

LETS GO YANKEES! CONGRATS ON #4 GIANTS!

Last edited by Future Raptor Ace; 11-27-2012 at 12:01 PM..
Old 11-28-2012, 01:45 AM
Mélodie de vie, c'est l'odyssée!

Marka is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Future Raptor Ace View Post
This "Alizéeinfected" or what ever you guys want to call it is just a passing phase in your life. I have been on this site for what will soon be 5 years and I can tell you I have seen the many highs and lows of this site. The reason why Alizee is so attractive to us males is because she is stunningly beautiful but at that same time comes across as sweet, "human" and down to earth. The problem with the above sentence is the key word "comes across." As you grow more conscious of how little you really know about her one starts to realize that she honestly is not anything special in the personality spectrum. You will run into women in your life that are honestly a lot more pretty, humble, kind, and at the same time actually care about you. Truth be told when someone has as much fame as Alizee, it changes the way one thinks weather they want it to or not. She obviously knows she can have any guy she possibly wants as well as knows the power she has to manipulate them; do you honestly think she doesn't use it? Now im not saying she is a bad person, I honestly think she is a good person, however she is just human .. an average female with good looks that achieved fame and success. As this becomes more and more obvious one starts to realize their attraction for Alizee is only justified by her looks and not the illusion that is her perceived personality. We are only sexually attracted to her like any beautiful woman we see because after all we are male mammals; does that mean anything more ... no of course not! Eventually most of you will come to understand what im saying and wont even have Alizee on your minds. Sure you will still listen to her music and probably still enjoy it, but you will know Alizee is just another pretty girl singing the song and that's it, all the other feelings you think you have for her currently will vanish.
At the end of the day, you are right.

However, this thread is not about whether going nuts about her when you are old is plausible, it is about what would you do should such a thing happen. Pure fiction therefore.
Old 11-28-2012, 06:41 AM
Last Fan Standing

I think it's wonderful that Alizée has had so many different influences on so many people, and that we each have different kinds of Alizée experiences. Mine is not exactly like anyone else's, and very different from what some here have written.