Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 02-09-2015, 03:45 PM

ALS is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antares View Post
Some might say that Alex had a poor view of the performance since he wasn't facing the stage, but Alex would probably argue that he had the best seat in the house.
And he also got to see the best seat in the house.
Old 02-09-2015, 05:21 PM

Lili4ever is on a distinguished road

A classical case of Lili bug. I was youtubeing one day and for some reason decided to see Moi Lolita video as i have seen it many times on tv. Watched it, then i stumbled upon L'Alizé video, and it fucking blew my mind. I swear to god, i did not sleep for about 50 hours. I put that video on infinitelooper.com and played it over and over and over. I have this weird habit that when i get exited or sad or feel any other strong emotions i get an urge to clean my room. So i was making a general clean up at 3 am. Then after sleepless night i got to work and listened to that song all day. Came back home started cleaning again and blasting out that song. I things those were the 2 craziest and most amazing days in my life. I think the drug addicts say the the first times are the most amazing and you will never feel it again no matter how many drugs you use.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qiq9jnK1ChA
Old 02-09-2015, 05:25 PM

Djr654 is on a distinguished road

Many thanks for all your replies and help, and for finding those videos and putting them on here; I really appreciate it.

Ray4AJ - yes, would it be possible to please give me some further instructions on how to download that video from Youtube (although I'm sure I can google this part) and play it with those subtitles files?

Scruffydog - Thanks for the pointer to the DC hub. My system's not great; I've only got a laptop, so hard drive is not going to be massive as these things go. I'm not sure of my actual internet connection speed and so on off the top of my head, but hopefully with some extra guidance, I can get the SAD 2003 video. Thanks also for your offer to send me the DVD; that's really kind of you, but hopefully it won't be necessary...
Old 02-09-2015, 05:55 PM
Zéeologist

Antares is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Djr654 View Post
instructions on how to download that video from Youtube (although I'm sure I can google this part) and play it with those subtitles files?
First you're going to need an extension to download YouTube videos. There's a bunch out there, but right now "FastestTube" works pretty good (and is available for various browsers). Once you install it, it will add a download button to the YouTube UI, so just click that and select the highest quality MP4 option and the download will start.

Now since the subtitles are split between two files, you're going to want to merge them to make things easy. Just open both .txt files, and copy the contents of the second part and paste it at the end of the first part. Save and exit. Then create a new folder for the video, and put both the video and subtitles file in the same folder. Give both files the exact same name, but then change the extension on the subtitles file from .txt to .srt.

Once that's done, you'll need something to play the video. VLC is an excellent video player if you don't have it already. When you open the video with VLC, it should automatically load the subtitle file and overlay it on the video. If for whatever reason it doesn't load the subtitles, you can manually load it through the Video list in the top menu.

Hopefully that helps!
Old 02-09-2015, 11:48 PM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

One other suggestion for Djr654 and it's not sure he should take it at this point.

A few years back, I put together a video called "Alizée - A video history of her early years.". In it I put together a small clip of just about every performance that was available of hers from 1999 to 2003 and I also included tv shows like SAD 2001 & 2003 and just a few of her interviews. I tried to do it in a chronological order, but I learned later I was off on a few and I missed a few. But it's a prettygood base line to go by to compare to see what's available.

Now my video skills weren't that great back then; there's a lot of interlacing problems and different size aspect ratios. That's something I'd like to correct in the near future. It will also give you a small glimpse of some of the great remixes out there.

But I think you're better off finding these individual videos on your own, then going back and comparing it against this video to see if you might have missed something.

And another suggestion I have for you;
Limit your audio exposure to her. You might be in a position when you're not home to listen to her all day long. Resist that temptation. Limit your "listening" to her. It will make your watching her and listening to her at the same time all that much better and I believe reduce the chances of you getting burnt out on her too soon.

Last edited by Scruffydog777; 02-10-2015 at 11:08 AM..
Old 02-10-2015, 03:17 PM

Djr654 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antares View Post
First you're going to need an extension to download YouTube videos. There's a bunch out there, but right now "FastestTube" works pretty good (and is available for various browsers). Once you install it, it will add a download button to the YouTube UI, so just click that and select the highest quality MP4 option and the download will start.

Now since the subtitles are split between two files, you're going to want to merge them to make things easy. Just open both .txt files, and copy the contents of the second part and paste it at the end of the first part. Save and exit. Then create a new folder for the video, and put both the video and subtitles file in the same folder. Give both files the exact same name, but then change the extension on the subtitles file from .txt to .srt.

Once that's done, you'll need something to play the video. VLC is an excellent video player if you don't have it already. When you open the video with VLC, it should automatically load the subtitle file and overlay it on the video. If for whatever reason it doesn't load the subtitles, you can manually load it through the Video list in the top menu.

Hopefully that helps!
Great, thanks for that; I'll have a go on the weekend when I've got more time...

Also thanks Scruffydog for that video and suggestion; what you say makes a lot of sense.
Old 02-10-2015, 11:45 PM
Gerry 707

gerry 71334593 is on a distinguished road

Fellow Fan.........J'en Ai Marre video is infectious. 10 seconds into the vid, she tilts her head and says J'en ris! At that moment we're all held captive. Descent or transfixed? Useless to replace her with imposters ie Jenifer, Yelle, Zaz etc. No one compares. I included her music in a surfing documentary sound track: 'TRADEWINDS' will keep you and the fans posted as we head into the final edit. Gerry
Old 02-11-2015, 08:52 AM

Youpidoo_Day is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by gerry 71334593 View Post
Useless to replace her with imposters ie Jenifer, Yelle, Zaz etc. No one compares.
I don't know about Jenifer and Yelle, but I don't consider Zaz as an imposter of Alizée, they are way too different. I think they are both very good, each one in her own style. I prefer Alizée though, I agree that no one compares to her.
Old 02-11-2015, 09:08 AM
HipHopHead

Jacotey is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by gerry 71334593 View Post
Fellow Fan.........J'en Ai Marre video is infectious. 10 seconds into the vid, she tilts her head and says J'en ris! At that moment we're all held captive. Descent or transfixed? Useless to replace her with imposters ie Jenifer, Yelle, Zaz etc. No one compares. I included her music in a surfing documentary sound track: 'TRADEWINDS' will keep you and the fans posted as we head into the final edit. Gerry
Yelle? What?
Old 02-11-2015, 02:42 PM

ALS is on a distinguished road

Yello?