Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 01-05-2014, 06:39 PM
Amélie's Fed Up in Autumn

lapinschous is on a distinguished road

Rev should be working as Alizée's PR manager

La Nostalgie des jours gourmands..
Old 01-06-2014, 12:49 AM

Rev is on a distinguished road

Thanks. I'm a decent analyst, but I would make a poor PR person (very different mindset).

SEE POST 161. The following is an OLD version.
The following is spreadsheet data and a few charts tracking Alizée's and Tal's growth in popularity since the start of DALS.

All charts and spread sheets moved here from Post 82.

Here is the new version. It is now in segments to improve readability. Each segment has to be the same size, which is why I have to include some blank worksheet. Redone completely on 3/4/2014.

The Deltas show the "per day" changes.
These numbers are from Ray4AJ's listing in post #1 above.

I should probably explain what the light and dark yellow coding mean.
I look at each artist's "pre-DALS" trend. IF, on a particular day, they significantly exceed THEIR Pre-DALS trend, I highlight the box in light yellow.
IF, on a particular day, they very significantly exceed THEIR Pre-DALS trend, I highlight the box in bright yellow.

Looking at the spreadsheet above, you can easily see the effect of DALS on each artist's daily totals.
- Tal, saw a significant bump in her daily numbers (above what she was seeing before DALS) only around the time she was voted off.
- Alizée, on the other hand, received a huge boost almost immediately. And, as you can see by all the bright yellow in her Facebook list, she continues to benefit significantly.

Jan. 29th - Tal is adding people to Facebook at approximately three times the rate of Alizée. However, both are adding people at historic highs. Also, their counts took off after Jan. 10th. Does anybody know what happened then to trigger this?
March 4th - Look at Alizée's Facebook likes and Talking About. They dropped off Right after the last DALS. Notice how the bright yellow has gone to light yellow. She seems to have zero staying power. She is either out there or else people stop signing on.
March 21st - Look at Alizée's "Talking About." Looks like Blonde has people talking about her again. Also, although I flagged Alizée's Blonde rumor for the 14th, it was clearly out there on March 10th somewhere in a big way. Tal's Facebook has clearly been cooling for the last couple of weeks.

The following image is the entire spreadsheet. Click on the image to follow the link Then click on the magnifying glass icon in the bottom right a couple of times to see it at full resolution:

Here are some new charts

This first one is an expansion of the previous one, only extended to the end of March.

Notice how Alizée's lines seem to be flattening, especially AFTER the end of the DALS tour.
Also, you can see that people are talking about her again.

This Chart is a compressed version of the one above thru March 4th.

Here, you can see very clearly how Tal is taking off and Alizée's lines seem to be flattening.
You can see this clearly in the Green line showing Alizée's Facebook likes. The last week is clearly flatter.
Also, what did Tal do in December to set off her rocket launch?

Another interesting item to note. Both their Instagram lines are flattening. Could this possibly indicate that Instagram is getting old in general? Perhaps people are starting to get bored of it? Maybe people are starting to decide that they want more of a full Facebook experience (more of a story with the picture)? Just food for thought.

Older version of the chart - Just shows approximate time period of the DALS Tour.

Older Chart - From the beginning through the end of 2013.

Older Chart - Showing baselines for Alizée and Tal for Facebook and Twitter at start of DALS.

If you have a problem seeing a chart clearly, click on the image to follow the link. Then click on the magnifying glass icon in the bottom right a couple of times to see it at full resolution:

Last edited by Rev; 03-30-2014 at 09:04 PM.. Reason: All updated on March 29th, 2014. Also, added new Chart on the 21st. - Moved all to post 161. This is now OLD.
Old 01-08-2014, 10:13 PM
Last Fan Standing

Ray4AJ is on a distinguished road

I don't get it.... Tal has more than doubled her Facebook likes since before DALS. What drives the increase? Is her stuff played a lot on the radio? I checked out five France radio stations this evening and four of them were playing songs in English.
Old 01-08-2014, 10:54 PM
Against The Current

Fall is on a distinguished road

Then it's more than just the radio, she must be appearing on all the shows we (or at least I) don't hear about thanks to Alizée. Other than that, from what I can see on her Facebook she isn't touring (yet) and there's not that much activity on FB/T/IG so...
Old 01-09-2014, 07:02 AM

Karin is on a distinguished road

Tal released little before her 2nd album, after DALS a reedition. Now fans are waiting for her Tour.

However I think Alizée and Tal are both visible on TV, maybe its 50:50, for me Tal appears in more "interesting" shows than Alizee

Old 01-12-2014, 05:03 AM

Moved everything to post 122 to stay "on the same page."
Old 01-21-2014, 06:34 AM
Last Fan Standing

Ray4AJ is on a distinguished road

Twitter has begun to display only rounded figures for followers, it looks like. Normally I've been able to get the figures using the PC and going to each ones Twitter page. Maybe there is another way to get the actual numbers, but I'm just going to get them the same way I always have and and report the numbers displayed to me unless someone knows of a way to get the actual numbers.
Old 01-22-2014, 02:16 AM

Spread sheet has been updated to the 21st (in post 122).

What happened on Jan 10th? All of a sudden, both Tal's and Alizée's Facebook counts took off.

Ray - I know of no way. We will work with rounded counts if we have to.

Note: The last day is cut off. I will correct that in the next update.

Last edited by Rev; 01-22-2014 at 02:20 AM..
Old 01-22-2014, 03:08 AM

_♥_ is on a distinguished road

If she keeps 'twitting' like this I'm gonna have to get on Twitter.

*mon (Her french should be better than that. )

Old 01-23-2014, 12:05 AM
Against The Current

Fall is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by _♥_ View Post
*mon (Her french should be better than that. )
Wait, which part should say mon?
The tweet where the red heart is looks edited or something, her actual tweet says "Mille fois merci marseille!!!!" not "Mille fois merci ma *coeur*"

Tags
alizee