Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Translations

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-27-2008, 04:36 AM

WyomingGrizFan is on a distinguished road

Recap: I finally bought a 1990 brand new CD, which I didn't know that I could get in that condition, especially after eighteen years!!!...for less than $ 100.00
This, after looking for at least one copy in a used condition, which is all I ever found (some going as high as $ 289.90 with a less than 50 % fill rating;...gee, thanx) during the past couple years; if ever for sell to begin with.

What helped immensely was http://www.google.com/ig?hl=en

...which helped in writing to a seller over in Paris that had a copy and had just had an expiration on their selling it on ebay.com (missed it by a couple weeks and I was anxious to find out if the seller still had the copy); luckily for me, no one else spotted it and purchased it before I noticed that this particular vendor had it. I got a message in French from them (cuase I had asked in English if they still had it, somehow it went through from the expired ebay.com advertisement that was still accessible through google.com by way of contact seller with a question sort of deal) and I didn't know what to say. I mean really. What can I say, I can just barely write English. So I accidently came across this 'google' feature, mentioned above by its link, that allows me to translate in numerous languages (Spanish, Russian, German, etc.) by just typing in the sentence and asking it to translate; not only that, but it gave me in French what I wanted to say/ask in English. So that's what I did.

I put up a 'Want it now' posting on ebay.com (initially in English which didn't get a nibble for a week). Then I put the 'want it now' posting in French and got a response in less than an hour. Same seller I had gotten a message from in French!!! Sent a couple messages translated into French and received messages in French, translated from above google help, into English, and I had a gay o' time talking with this lady seller over in Paris. Needless to say I'am enjoying the CD now (came in a cardboard box no less for extra protection) which I probably wouldn't have had a chance in hell to get if it wasn't for this google.translate they have. Hope others find it useful as well.

Best regards.

Last edited by WyomingGrizFan; 05-27-2008 at 05:18 AM..