Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

Some of Alizée's other festival appearances over the years;
Festivalbar - Taormina/Sicily/Italy, in July of 2002
She sang Moi Lolita

Festivalbar - Pistoia, Italy, again in the summer of 2002
She sang Moi Lolita

Festivalbar - Pistoia again, in the summer of 2003
She sang J'en ai marre
This was a great performance in a beautiful setting. The video seems to have been taken down on 'most' video sites. It's available on the hub. If you can't find it, let me know.
festivalbar pistoia.jpg
Costapop" festival in Malaga, Spain....
She sang Moi Lolita

Festival de Alcalá de los Gazules in Spain
She sang J'en ai marre and Moi Lolita

From the Czech data base " Alizée performs "Moi...Lolita" in Amsterdam at the festival celebrated on Koningnnedag (Queens day)" in April of 2001...
She sang Moi Lolita

Of course the most famous festival she was at in my opinion was
Festival de la musique" in Champ de Mars (At the Eiffel tower), June, 2003
She sang J'ai pas vingt ans....
http://ok.ru/video/1187513660
This is another video that is getting tougher to find. If you don't have it, let me know.
This is a clip I took from that performance...

Last edited by Scruffydog777; 08-19-2018 at 01:42 PM..
Old 08-19-2018, 04:19 PM

kulli is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scruffydog777 View Post
Some of Alizée's other festival appearances over the years;
Nice compilation
Old 08-19-2018, 05:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kulli View Post
Nice compilation
Thank You!
Old 08-19-2018, 11:15 PM

Junkmale is on a distinguished road

Ummmm...
Call me a pessimist (or whatever) but judging by past events i confidently predict that she will either a) Not turn up or b) Cancel at the last minute.
I sincerely hope i'm wrong but doubt that i am.
Old 08-20-2018, 12:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junkmale View Post
Ummmm...
Call me a pessimist (or whatever) but judging by past events i confidently predict that she will either a) Not turn up or b) Cancel at the last minute.
I sincerely hope i'm wrong but doubt that i am.
Hey Junkmale! It's good to hear from you again and I hope you are doing well.

I have to say I think you are completely wrong. I think she will be there, but I think this show will be a disaster because one thing she has proven time and time again since she left MF/LB is that she has no idea how to 'produce' a good show.

I think she has the idea she can test the waters in Warsaw by going to this little heard of festival in Poland, but as your post and Jenny's post in here show, the world is watching. The world knows what she is capable of. Poland knows what she is capable of. If she puts on the same type of show that has been typical of her since she went out on her own, she will be booed off the stage.
Old 08-20-2018, 02:30 AM

Jenny_HRO87 is on a distinguished road

Well I doubt that she'll put on a "show" like the ones during the en concert era but that doesn't mean her performances during the Mexico Tour for example were a desaster. I liked them. Most fans did as well. And I never cared that much about lightning effects and background dancers.

Sure, her singing wasn't like en concert but it wasn't bad either. It was good and she had fun on the stage. And don't forget that on the en concert DVD they were able to cut weaker moments.

But well, that's just me.

Anyway I'm not expecting a big show in Warsaw anyway. She's got one hour and she's not the main act, it's not her "own" stage, so she might not have the possibility to put up a lot of scenery etc. in the background. She'll be bringing her musicians, instruments and she'll probably include a dance number, most likely with Greg. There will be 8 or 9 songs. That's all I'm expecting and I won't be unhappy if there won't be anything else.

And most fans will just be happy to see her.

Last edited by Jenny_HRO87; 08-20-2018 at 02:33 AM..
Old 08-20-2018, 06:28 AM

Jenny_HRO87 is on a distinguished road

Here's an advert for the upcoming event:
http://youtu.be/n1NkKPjq6g4

It may be a coincidence, but it's interesting that they didn't choose the ML clip for the advert but instead FS. Not that I'm complaining, she's gorgeous in this video. But it's something non-fans would probably not pick. My guess is still that whoever had the idea to invite her is following her carrier and probably used her email adress on instagram, considering how out of the sudden this concert is happening.

Tho my therory doesn't go well with the fashion show in Publea. It's a bit odd that there are suddenly two non-dancing public appearances in 2 months. But again... I'm not complaining.
Old 08-20-2018, 10:28 AM
Administrator

CleverCowboy is on a distinguished road

I am still trying to grasp this, whether it be a few songs or an hour. A few songs is an appearance, but an hour is a concert. I think I am hung up on the logistics on making either possibility happen, the time involved in even making this happen, and the viability of it financially.

Does she have a band? What about backup singers, and dancers? When did she get all this together? Would she even get paid enough to cover those costs? If she has no band, maybe she had hired some studio musicians in Warsaw to play her songs for her for this gig. This seems to make the most financial sense, whether it be a few songs or an hour.

In my opinion, she has everything to gain by this performance... conversely, she has everything to lose as well. I think the absolute worst attitude she can bring into Warsaw is that her faithful fans will love the fact that she is singing again and it does not matter what songs she sings, how rusty she is, what she wears, whether she dances or just stands there and rock back and forth with the beat. I admit, I'm spoiled. I know what she is capable of.

Last edited by CleverCowboy; 08-20-2018 at 10:39 AM..
Old 08-20-2018, 10:57 AM

I don't think I would call it a comeback. As I just mentioned in another thread I just started, with the Tournée no more, they both lost what I'm sure was a nice little pay check each year. Plus they lost the fact the show keeps them in the lime light. I think that's what these appearances are about. Some income yes, but also to keep them in demand until other opportunities arise.

As far as a band, I'm sure she has enough connections to get her a decent band. I'd be happy with just a couple of guitar players as was so typical of her early career.

One thing I don't want to see is bunch of girls on stage with her like we had with 'Hung Up' performance...

When Alizée is packaged right, there's nothing else you want to see on stage. That is still true today. There's nothing else that needs to be on stage. But that is something she's had a huge problem with since leaving MF. She looks great off stage and terrible on stage. If she looks terrible this time and she's a little rusty in voice, it could spell big trouble for her. If she dazzles them with her looks, they might be more forgiving if she's off in other areas. It's a no brainer. She needs to look her best.

From what I'm hearing it will be I would think at least a half dozen songs. They have her scheduled into a 2 hour block, so I doubt if they would bring her in for just 2 songs, but as her past festival appearances have shown, one or two is the norm so who knows yet?
Old 08-20-2018, 01:06 PM

I've said before I think her voice has changed with age and maybe ML and JEM don't sound as good any more. Now if this was an Alizee reunion type of tour such as what the Eagles have done for so many years, people would be understanding if things have changed as far as voice. But this is a festival, many people will be very familiar with her and the ones who aren't now, thanks to Youtube, will be very familiar with her by the time the show rolls around. She is still very capable of putting on a good show and these people will realize it and will be unhappy with anything less. She better do her homework and figure out why things have gone wrong and correct them before she shows up on that stage.

I think the song Alcaline would be a very good choice for her and I'd be very surprised if it isn't one of the songs she chooses, plus it's a recent song. K.O. too I like.

Now I'd expect her to sing at least one song in a different language than French to reach more people. I would think there wouldn't be enough time for her to learn a Polish song so I think there will be one song in English. The English version of Amelie was a beautiful song and would have been her next single if she hadn't decided to pull the plug on that golden goose.

Last edited by Scruffydog777; 08-20-2018 at 01:18 PM..