Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 11-17-2018, 11:01 AM

Junkmale is on a distinguished road

Ignore the politics but watch from about 4:06 onwards.
I recognise that look :-)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v4aK...p5ZK3Nwa15BwdE
Old 11-17-2018, 03:41 PM

autumn.leaves is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by CleverCowboy View Post
We have a small, friendly community here and we like to keep it that way. Posts like this that insult other members are not tolerated and can lead to banning. I suggest you read the Forum Rules to be reminded of proper forum etiquette, and we can then start over again.

I am pretty sure I know what kind of discussion you are wanting to have, and probably nobody on this site would be willing to engage you in it to the level that you are wanting.
I allowed myself to say phrase like that only because it seemed to me that you trying to insult me because you saying obvious things, as if I would not understand this, talking with me as I'm a child.

I may be a rude person, but when I talk about such things with a fan, the expediency of this conversation does not exist. For example: You will defend your idols in every possible way, and my constructive criticism will seem to you as insults. It turns out you been right when you talking about my expectations. (If those actually existed)

I do not pursue the goal of offending anyone in this forum, being a friendly person, only when it comes to something important for me, I can forget about human relationships for the sake of seeking true judgment.

Edit:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junkmale View Post
Ignore the politics but watch from about 4:06 onwards.
I recognise that look :-)
Wow... Good find!

But... Why do people continue to drink coffee and use their phones when they are interviewed? Seems like disrespect...

Last edited by autumn.leaves; 11-17-2018 at 03:41 PM.. Reason: Automerged Doubleposts
Old 11-17-2018, 10:55 PM
Administrator

CleverCowboy is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by autumn.leaves View Post
I allowed myself to say phrase like that only because it seemed to me that you trying to insult me because you saying obvious things, as if I would not understand this, talking with me as I'm a child
The members here represent a wide range of ages. There are several active members just a few years older than you, and their posts and comments are treated with the same respect as any others. You might perceive you are being talked down to, but that mis-perception rests with you. Nobody here, including myself, plans to treat you as a child.

If my response included things that are obvious to you, it is because I make no assumptions where you are in your knowledge of Alizee. For all I know, you just saw one video of her. There is a thread that is used by new members to introduce yourself to the forum. You can add as many details as you want. The members will read your post and know how to better communicate with you. I suggest that you do this:

http://alizeeamerica.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4611

Quote:
...I may be a rude person, ...
...being a friendly person,...
...I can forget about human relationships for the sake of seeking true judgment...
This is quite a wide range of emotions. If you want to get anywhere on this site, the "friendly person" side of you would be your best option. Just saying...

Quote:
You will defend your idols in every possible way, and my constructive criticism will seem to you as insults.
If you ever get a chance to read some of the threads, the biggest fans of Alizee are also the biggest critics of the mistakes she has made. I have been critical as well. Alizee is not perfect, and she has made plenty of blunders. To most of us, she is not an idol who has no fault, but a real person who has faults but choose to be a fan regardless. I think you misunderstand her fan base, and what you think is constructive is not constructive at all.
Old 11-18-2018, 02:16 AM

Quote:
For all I know, you just saw one video of her.
Not trying to insult me, say that you think that I watched only one of her videos (?)

Quote:
This is quite a wide range of emotions. If you want to get anywhere on this site, the "friendly person" side of you would be your best option. Just saying...
Seems like you think you have choice

Quote:
... and what you think is constructive is not constructive at all.
Okay. I trust your logic as mine...
Old 11-18-2018, 04:26 AM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

There's been many times in here where new members have come along and the majority of the time, they are fairly new to Alizee and we try to respond to them in an informative type of way, maybe adding some additional facts that go beyond what was asked or mentioned in a post in an attempt to be helpful and not insultive. CleverCowboy was trying to be informative to a new member and did not deserve to be insulted.
Old 11-18-2018, 05:37 AM

Perhaps I made a mistake without saying in advance that I did not need any information. But you should also understand that a new user can find information independently what he needs for himself, or he will ask you about it. Should not be intrusive comments what littering the thread. It is also not necessary to write something every time to a new person, if you can create a section for beginners, where there could be all interesting information.
Old 11-18-2018, 06:39 AM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

Well we try to be very helpful in here. It'd be a good idea for new members to say in their initial posts, something about them selves concerning their knowledge of Alizee so we don't waste our time trying to help out members who are thin skinned.
Old 11-18-2018, 09:03 AM

Yes, I see that you don't spend time for that. It's a good idea to suggest your knowledge about Alizee, but you already have a board for this "how I discover Alizee". But you want to tell useful information to newbies, as I understood, because of this, my option is better.
Old 11-18-2018, 09:25 AM
Administrator

CleverCowboy is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Not trying to insult me, say that you think that I watched only one of her vidoes (?)
No, I wasn't saying that at all. I know there is a bit of a language barrier because English is not your primary language. There are things I may write that you don't fully understand, as well as things you write that I might not understand fully.

What I meant by my comment was that without an introduction, I do not know if you knew about Alizee for a long time, or a very short period of time. Some people might see one or two of her YouTube videos then do an internet search and end up here. I was not accusing you of only seeing one of her videos.

So now that is cleared up, we can carry on.
Old 11-18-2018, 12:58 PM

Quote:
No, I wasn't saying that at all. I know there is a bit of a language barrier because English is not your primary language. So now that is cleared up, we can carry on.
Okay. You're right. I apologize if I offended you (but I will never believe in it, because I did not say anything serious)

I want to say something about Russian language... This language is a very rich and amazing language, Vladimir Nabokov also talked about this, any poet and writer has a problem of expression, even if he speaks to his people, because Russian is a very sophisticated expression tool. Being a musician and a poet, I am talking about this, because I also have a similar problem. An even bigger problem for me is the correct translation.

Last edited by autumn.leaves; 11-18-2018 at 01:09 PM.. Reason: UPD