Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Other Subjects > Support

Old 03-26-2021, 08:14 PM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

I'd be happy with having it as an operating forum with it's same name as long as we could get the cost of operating it down to what it costs to operate our forum. We pay Ben $25 a month. It used to be much higher but getting rid of a very good video section brought it down. Sometimes you got to make sacrifices.
Old 03-27-2021, 06:29 AM

Ben.Daly is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scruffydog777 View Post
It used to be much higher but getting rid of a very good video section brought it down. Sometimes you got to make sacrifices.
Were any videos lost completely with the deletion of that thread?
Old 03-27-2021, 09:40 AM
Crazy Alizée fan 💘

AlizéeSuperFanFIN is on a distinguished road

All the comments above are good!

I was already almost “going to war” outright, although of course I already had time to think about the cost.

Mere transfer can cost a lot if you don’t have vbullet experts... unless they do it for free, etc.

^It's unfortunate. I ask the same as Ben Daly above? Did a lot go? .

Alizée 💜
Old 03-27-2021, 09:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben.Daly View Post
Were any videos lost completely with the deletion of that thread?
None were lost but most of her good ones were here. A new fan didn't have to go searching. Another good thing we had was English translations for most of the videos.
Old 03-28-2021, 04:54 AM

joebanana is on a distinguished road

Quote:
None were lost but most of her good ones were here. A new fan didn't have to go searching. Another good thing we had was English translations for most of the videos.
Why don't we make AAF YouTube channel? It is a free platform to upload videos. Most of the video material would be in one place, and not as it has been spread on the Internet so far.
We can make a new thread specializing in videos from that YT channel, something as simple as we do with Instagram photos from Alizee.
Here is a large part of my video collection that can be used for uploading. All of this on YT with a nice tunbnail looks a lot more organized and visually nicer, and I’m sure AAF members have a lot to share with new members especially since some videos are disappearing from the internet

https://t.me/alizeefiles

Unfortunately I don’t have the time but I would support the person or persons who would deal with it.
Here’s a suggestion on how I would do it.

The forum lacks a brand logo, something that people would immediately recognize and link to the forum when they see it, for example to create a tumbnail or a brand image on a channel.
The reason to add a visible logo to the tumbnail is that we want it to stand out among other tumbnails and people will eventually recognize it and immediately know from which channel the video material is and what to expect.
Here’s an example with the stupid “Joe Banana” logo, but I’m talking about something more serious here.

Technically creating a logo is not difficult to make. For example "Joe Banana" is just a PNG image format with a transparent background and can be resized as needed. The real logo is done in a different format because if you want to enlarge the logo and put it on the panel, the image becomes pixelated, but for the needs of the YT channel, the ordinary PNG image format is more than enough.

BTW.
Since we don’t have an official channel to search for this video, does anyone know where it can be found?

Old 03-28-2021, 07:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by joebanana View Post
Why don't we make AAF YouTube channel? It is a free platform to upload videos. Most of the video material would be in one place, and not as it has been spread on the Internet so far.
I think that sounds like a good idea. There is already the AlizeeAmericaVideos channel, though there hasn't been a new upload in over 9 years and there's only 20 videos on the whole channel.

https://www.youtube.com/user/AlizeeAmericaVideos/videos

The About section of the channel doesn't tell much else. I have no idea who the admin is, though someone else here might have an idea.
Old 03-28-2021, 09:45 AM

I think you would be a great person to lead a project like that. After seeing the commitment from your forum statistics table you have my vote.

Now I saw that I was watching a video on that channel without even being aware of what it was just talking about the importance of branding and some kind of logo.
My opinion is that the same logo should be made on all social networks so that people can instantly recognize AAF. A picture of Alizee is a good idea but there are a lot of different channels with a picture of Alizee and you don’t stand out among the others.
The logo on all social networks should be the same so that people can immediately recognize that it is AAF. A good example of this is Skeleton. He has the same image (Logo) on every social network and it is very easy to follow him.
After all, that channel (AlizeeAmericaVideos) does not even have the same name as the forum, totally confusing. I don’t know why the channel didn’t call it the Alizée America Forum. Maybe someone else made the channel and not AAF members.

I think that job can be done much better.
There is a lot of different video material (More or less interesting) that can be posted.
If you ask me I would post everything to be a document in time and in the description of the video put a link to AAF and Link where you can legally buy music from Alizee.
I would make a tumbnail of a video with the AAF logo to stand out to people in YT feeding.
Maybe start with the first pre-career videos from Alizee, and then in chronological order. I have very stacked files that can help with that and stretch all the way back to 2008 (I upgraded them, and the real credit goes to other people for making and sharing them).
Here is one example screenshot and the others are in the link to the files I shared.

Old 03-28-2021, 09:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by joebanana View Post
I think you would be a great person to lead a project like that. After seeing the commitment from your forum statistics table you have my vote.

Now I saw that I was watching a video on that channel without even being aware of what it was just talking about the importance of branding and some kind of logo.
My opinion is that the same logo should be made on all social networks so that people can instantly recognize AAF. A picture of Alizee is a good idea but there are a lot of different channels with a picture of Alizee and you don’t stand out among the others.
The logo on all social networks should be the same so that people can immediately recognize that it is AAF. A good example of this is Skeleton. He has the same image (Logo) on every social network and it is very easy to follow him.
After all, that channel (AlizeeAmericaVideos) does not even have the same name as the forum, totally confusing. I don’t know why the channel didn’t call it the Alizée America Forum. Maybe someone else made the channel and not AAF members.

I think that job can be done much better.
There is a lot of different video material (More or less interesting) that can be posted.
If you ask me I would post everything to be a document in time and in the description of the video put a link to AAF and Link where you can legally buy music from Alizee.
I would make a tumbnail of a video with the AAF logo to stand out to people in YT feeding.
Maybe start with the first pre-career videos from Alizee, and then in chronological order. I have very stacked files that can help with that and stretch all the way back to 2008 (I upgraded them, and the real credit goes to other people for making and sharing them).
Here is one example screenshot and the others are in the link to the files I shared.

Thanks Joe!

I will certainly consider the role. But I'm going away for the next few days so can't continue the conversation right now.
Old 03-28-2021, 12:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben.Daly View Post
I think that sounds like a good idea. There is already the AlizeeAmericaVideos channel, though there hasn't been a new upload in over 9 years and there's only 20 videos on the whole channel.

https://www.youtube.com/user/AlizeeAmericaVideos/videos

The About section of the channel doesn't tell much else. I have no idea who the admin is, though someone else here might have an idea.
I have no idea of who started that channel. Maybe a "search" of our archives might come up with something. I'm sure who ever did is no longer active.

As far as adding a logo or watermark to videos we upload to a channel, I don't feel comfortable with that idea. This forum isn't about us or the forum, it's about Alizée. Those types of marks have always bothered me when watching videos and taken away from my enjoyment and I don't want to see that happen to others. If I saw a good video like that which had some type of mark, the first thing I'd do was look for one without it.

I've put together several fan videos that weren't all that good but several of them took a lot of work. Someone could easily have taken them and put their own mark on them but I didn't care. I wanted the one without distractions to be out there. The only thing I do is add "scruffydog" to the title.

I had a couple of exclusives I'd guess you'd call it with my visits to Ajaccio, once for the autograph session on her birthday in 2013 and then when I visited the studio over a year ago. I could have easily put my marks on these and they would be the only ones out there unless someone did some video editing, but that's not what I want. I want her fans to enjoy these moments to the fullest and I don't want them go searching elsewhere for the original videos.

Of course if someone here goes through the trouble of starting a Youtube channel with our name or something as close as they can get to it, they will be the one(s) that have the final say on that and of course what the majority of our members here think should be a deciding factor too.

I don't really care if we're the top site out there. We try and make this a good place for fans to come to. I feel "one" of the reasons the Alizee forum folded was they were too strict with their rules at least with the ones about staying on topic. Many a good conversation was broken up because members drifted off topic. Going off topic makes it difficult to search for something that might have been said as recently as last week because it's not in the thread you think it should be in, but that's a price we pay for having a more easy going forum imo.

There used to be some big battles between some of the FB pages. I'm not sure what it was about, maybe a numbers competition? It could have been one site sharing photos that the other site felt were exclusive to them? There again, what ever I get, I put it all out there, if someone else copies it and claims it, it bothers me, but as long as it benefits Alizée, I can live with it. If our FB page gains a bunch of new fans or only one or two, it's all okay.

One other thing I want to mention here about a YT channel, several years ago we had a member here who started one and was uploading just about everything out there. He had a very large collection and he used put his own mark on all his videos so I never would watch his videos. He made the mistake of adding his mark to one of mine, It might have been the ones from the birthday autograph session in Ajaccio and that did not go over well with me and I did not react well to that, but that's not my main point here. Eventually his channel was taken down for copyright violations.

Today it seems things have changed. It seems like a lot of videos that were getting nailed for c r violations before, now are getting the "Suggested by Moi, Alizée". They must've realized there was a way to make a little money off of these videos? So hopefully there won't be an issue with someone uploading a bunch of her videos.
Old 03-28-2021, 01:27 PM

Quote:
I have no idea of who started that channel. Maybe a "search" of our archives might come up with something. I'm sure who ever did is no longer active.

As far as adding a logo or watermark to videos we upload to a channel, I don't feel comfortable with that idea. This forum isn't about us or the forum, it's about Alizée. Those types of marks have always bothered me when watching videos and taken away from my enjoyment and I don't want to see that happen to others. If I saw a good video like that which had some type of mark, the first thing I'd do was look for one without it.
My suggestion is just the opposite, I one hundred percent agree with you but I don't think we understood each other. My suggestion is to put the logo on the tumbnail not on the video. It's not some kind of video tagging but just helping people so that when they click on that tumbnail they can know that serious video material is waiting for them inside, (With no logo or similar nonsense) Alizee material belongs to everyone. It's just a way to make it easier for people to find quality video content, nothing else.