Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Other Subjects > Off Topic

Old 06-25-2021, 12:40 PM

Elise is on a distinguished road

A football thread! What's happened since March? Well we have made it 7 wins from 7 under Dragan Skočić, meaning we finished top of Group C in the second round of AFC qualification for 2022. The draw for the next round will be on 1 July, matches to start in September. It's been a long and stressful time but I'm pretty positive we'll see Team Melli qualify for the third consecutive time.
Old 06-27-2021, 02:44 PM
Crazy Alizée fan 💘

AlizéeSuperFanFIN is on a distinguished road
Wink

Uefa Euro 2020 is going, it has not been talked about here.

For us Finns, the competition is now special when we 'Huuhkajat" participate in the men's final tournament for the first time! Even our golden generation (Litmanen, Hyypiä, etc.) had never reached the competition before.

Part of the reason, of course, is when the number of teams increases from 16 to 24. Personally, I don't like increasing the team numbers too much...

But we finished 17th, so we were knocked out of the playoffs very marginally as the first team, so the place in the games was clearly deserved!

By the way, Finland is even more of a ice hockey country, and we just lost IIHF World Champs gold to Canadians before these games

Personally, I don’t even like that much of the European Football Championships (Although of course I watch every match ), and even though I’m a completely crazy bench athlete - I like the FIFA World Cup a lot more.

The coaches have made European football boring and overall my favorite football team is from South America i.e. Argentina / La AlbiCeleste!

Alizée 💜
Old 07-01-2021, 03:37 PM

Elise is on a distinguished road

The draw for the third round was held earlier today. We were drawn with South Korea, United Arab Emirates, Iraq, Syria and Lebanon in Group A so the first date for the diary is at home against Syria on 2 September. For some reason we keep getting South Korea. The top two will probably be the same as at this stage in 2014 and 2018 qualification. Here we come, let's do this!

And Leicester City have signed Patson Daka from RB Salzburg, last season's top scorer for the club.

Last edited by Elise; 07-01-2021 at 03:39 PM..
Old 07-02-2021, 09:44 PM
Crazy Alizée fan 💘

Cool

Wow Wow Wow Italy and especially Mancini's Italy!

I have a great relationship of hatred and love for Italian football ...

Because almost all my youth I only remember "turtle defense" (at least in Finland there is such a termi ), i.e. the so-called "Trapatton trap", etc.

(Note: But yes, I respect Trapatton as one of the best!!

Personally, I don’t usually care about the clubs themselves, but I’m loyal to my favorite players!

Through my absolute number one player Batistuta, Fiorentina is familiar, of course also Roma!

Juventus, on the other hand, is under constant "disgust"!

As for Italy, previous championships have been miserable after all!

And now, Euro 2020, the best game in the world and a great attack!

Unless the Czech Republic or Ukraine surprises, Italy would be the best winner!!

Alizée 💜
Old 07-06-2021, 07:01 PM

Aragorn97 is on a distinguished road

Hey, ASFF, I forgot to answer here. It's great to see that Italy has a lot of fans around the world. Maybe because nobody expected we could reach the final rounds. I'm happy you support us too.

Also, Batistuta was a beast. I was too young back then to remember vividly his games (perhaps even to watch them), but he's a legend of Serie A: I believe he's one of the most complete striker ever.

And... I definitely share your "disgust" for Juventus. Lol

I would have also liked to see Ukraine in the final: Shevchenko is another great player and a wonderful person.

Last edited by Aragorn97; 07-06-2021 at 07:05 PM..
Old 07-06-2021, 07:57 PM

Alex Rien is on a distinguished road

Good luck to Italy. Forza!
Old 07-07-2021, 11:44 AM
Crazy Alizée fan 💘

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aragorn97 View Post
Hey, ASFF, I forgot to answer here. It's great to see that Italy has a lot of fans around the world. Maybe because nobody expected we could reach the final rounds. I'm happy you support us too.

Also, Batistuta was a beast. I was too young back then to remember vividly his games (perhaps even to watch them), but he's a legend of Serie A: I believe he's one of the most complete striker ever.

And... I definitely share your "disgust" for Juventus. Lol

I would have also liked to see Ukraine in the final: Shevchenko is another great player and a wonderful person.
Yeah, and congratulations on reaching the Italian final!

And yes, Batigoal is probably the best pure striker and scorer in history!

Somehow it feels like there aren’t as many similar pure strikers in modern football as before... Nowadays, players have multiple roles, etc.

Yesterday's match was even surprisingly tight, but maybe also tiring when it was played so accurately, etc. At some point it already seemed that Spain might still win it when they gradually gained control.

In the penalty kicks, I was almost certain that Italy would win, but when the immediate failure happened, I began to fear again, but in the end the victory came nonetheless.

Tonight’s semi-final is interesting because Denmark is truly a “weird sports country”. It does really well in some Olympic sports and then not at all in many others.

In team sports, for example, handball and also football bring them success. England has been surprisingly good in these competitions, so it’s hard to say which one to win now...

On the other hand, this year there have been many of the same "signs" as in 1992, when Denmark last performed its previous European Championship miracle...

By the way... Finland won Denmark in that special opening match, so......

But in the finals, Italy should be a favorite!

Ps. I was wondering what Alizée thinks of Italy when Corsica is basically a bit similar to Italy, but she is a fan of Zidane and everyone will definitely remember or know how the World Cup final between France and Italy ended earlier...

Alizée 💜
Old 07-10-2021, 12:44 PM
Crazy Alizée fan 💘

Smile

I may have already analyzed the Uefa Euro 2020 tournament enough, but in fact its final match are preceded by an even tougher and better () match as the world’s best football teams of all time Brazil and Argentina (Germany also TOP3) will meet in a similar South American championship tournament, the Copa America 2021 final, today, Saturday!

By the way, Alizée fans are also likely to be excited there when Alizée’s great and good hegemony in the area is known!

Damn ASFF, remember we're talking football now!! Now let’s talk about football, we're not talking about the most beautiful creatures in the world right now! :sr So now I hope Leo Messi finally gets gold again in value competitions, as the Argentine team has often been pretty weak in recent years, but still Best in the world™ has always brought their country close to victory! :

Yes, Brazil is almost always as hard as a stone that this is not an easy match for La AlbiCeleste against the Brazilians led by Neymar Junior, but Lionel and Argentina are take the gold! Forced... To win!!

Alizée 💜
Old 07-10-2021, 10:10 PM

Ben.Daly is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlizéeSuperFanFIN View Post
So now I hope Leo Messi finally gets gold again in value competitions, as the Argentine team has often been pretty weak in recent years, but still Best in the world™ has always brought their country close to victory! :

Yes, Brazil is almost always as hard as a stone that this is not an easy match for La AlbiCeleste against the Brazilians led by Neymar Junior, but Lionel and Argentina are take the gold! Forced... To win!!
And they've done it!

Old 07-10-2021, 11:04 PM
Crazy Alizée fan 💘

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben.Daly View Post
And they've done it!

YEEEEEES!!! Incredible and great win and game! Congratulations Argentines and all of us fans!

It is impossible to think that it has been so long since Argentina's previous victory!

Of course Messi has Olympic gold!

In terms of continuity, European coaches can sometimes be a good option for South American teams, but not now, and on the other hand, in that case, their game may lose its unique joy and skill....

Alizée 💜