Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 05-21-2007, 05:38 AM
gone with the geostrophic

heyamigo is on a distinguished road

it's only been a few weeks for me, but it feels like every minute of those few weeks have been occupied by thoughts of alizee in one way or another. good thing i found this place and people i can relate to!

i was introduced to her on a fantasy baseball forum of all places. we had a topic in the off topic section discussing our favorite youtube videos. some guy posted the JEAM video and well, we all know what JEAM videos can do to a person. i suppose it was mostly sex appeal at first, but after a lot of reading and watching alizee stuff on the web, and realizing the many beautiful facets to her, i began to appreciate and love the more "humanized" alizee rather than the sexy JEAM alizee that i began with.

but seriously, in this short span i've known alizee, my life has changed quite a bit. during this recent time, i was in a very very tough struggle with some personal issues. i'm trying to get over a long time substance abuse and i've been very down. i know it sounds horribly corny, but i can seriously say that alizee provided me with the hope and strength to fight on and survive. she inspires me to stay positive; her music, her beauty, her undeniable genuineness, and that incredible heavenly smile is a cure for all problems. just thinking about those things help me deal with my pain and sorrow. but enough with the depressing talk. sorry, guys.

yea, so i'm seriously addicted to alizee. it's one addiction i'm fine with though. i'm sure it will plateau, but i'm at a point where if i am outside, i want to come back home so i can listen and watch alizee stuff. i wake up wanting to hear her music, and it's all that i can think about at the moment. it's great, it keeps my mind off stupid things.

at first, i was sort of disappointed that i found out about her so late and she's no longer the young girl she was back in her active days. but later i realized i didn't care about that and that i appreciate and cherish the memories that she left us with for now (and there's quite a bit, i can watch and listen over and over again). i mean her beauty transcends time; it's like the marilyn monroe effect (ok, a slight exaggeration ).

i have to say i'm really digging some of the lyrics to alizee songs. mind you, i don't listen to any foreign music so it's a new thing for me, but it's really fun seeing the translations of the music and interpretations and finding out it's not something you expected. and some of these lyrics are incredibly mature and very multi faceted. some are very shocking, i mean i had no idea such a happy sounding song like hey! amigo! is about a barcelona prostitute, but those lyrics and ones from a contre-courant blow me away. it makes me appreciate the songs even more on another level.

okay, this post is getting really long so i'll stop now. anyways, i'm glad i found this place, seems like this place is full of very dedicated, high quality fans!
Old 05-21-2007, 06:43 AM

Kaptain Kurse is on a distinguished road

I actually discovered Alizee whilst on holiday in Spain last year (September 2006). My wife and I where returning to our resort after a day trip to Andorra when our tour-guide starts playing music videos on the coach tv. At first I didn't pay much attention, but then one particular video caught my attention. A cute girl in a black 'sailor' outfit was performing a French song. It stuck in my head and I just couldn't shift it. Luckily her name flashed up at the end and I memorized it. On my return home from holiday, (God, it the rest of my holiday dragged! lol), I looked her up on the 'net. The song was J'en Ai Marre. I have been hooked ever since and can't wait for her new album.

KK
Old 05-21-2007, 02:50 PM
no use for a title

nurvonic is on a distinguished road

hey heyamigo. very well said. alizee has that effect on people. i know someone else on the site who was going through some tough emotional shit in their lives, and alizee seemed to make it all go away. i myself was sort of in the same boat, but nothing close to substance abuse or relationship problems. welcome to the site! hope you enjoy it
Old 05-21-2007, 03:02 PM
Alizée Cynic

lead2gold is on a distinguished road

Ran across her on YouTube, instantly hooked

BTW, great post heyamigo
Have you figured out what I'm Fed Up is about yet?
Old 05-21-2007, 03:08 PM
---

theit77 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by heyamigo View Post
it's only been a few weeks for me, but it feels like every minute of those few weeks have been occupied by thoughts of alizee in one way or another. good thing i found this place and people i can relate to!

i was introduced to her on a fantasy baseball forum of all places. we had a topic in the off topic section discussing our favorite youtube videos. some guy posted the JEAM video and well, we all know what JEAM videos can do to a person. i suppose it was mostly sex appeal at first, but after a lot of reading and watching alizee stuff on the web, and realizing the many beautiful facets to her, i began to appreciate and love the more "humanized" alizee rather than the sexy JEAM alizee that i began with.

but seriously, in this short span i've known alizee, my life has changed quite a bit. during this recent time, i was in a very very tough struggle with some personal issues. i'm trying to get over a long time substance abuse and i've been very down. i know it sounds horribly corny, but i can seriously say that alizee provided me with the hope and strength to fight on and survive. she inspires me to stay positive; her music, her beauty, her undeniable genuineness, and that incredible heavenly smile is a cure for all problems. just thinking about those things help me deal with my pain and sorrow. but enough with the depressing talk. sorry, guys.
Hey Hey Amigo! Welcome, and don't worry, your talk isn't depressing, but actually reminiscent of many others. Most of us here are similar to you in that we 'discovered' recently (after she left the stage), were completely blown away by her beauty, yet sophistication and class, and our lives have changed more than we'd ever expect.
Elle a cette drôle de voix, Elle a cette drôle de joie ----- She has this curious voice, She has this curious joy
____..___ Ce don du ciel qui la rend belle ----- This gift from the sky that makes her pretty.
Old 05-21-2007, 07:23 PM
Fan d'Alizée (pour toujour)

CFHollister is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by heyamigo View Post

yea, so i'm seriously addicted to alizee. it's one addiction i'm fine with though. i'm sure it will plateau, but i'm at a point where if i am outside, i want to come back home so i can listen and watch alizee stuff. i wake up wanting to hear her music, and it's all that i can think about at the moment. it's great, it keeps my mind off stupid things.

at first, i was sort of disappointed that i found out about her so late and she's no longer the young girl she was back in her active days. but later i realized i didn't care about that and that i appreciate and cherish the memories that she left us with for now (and there's quite a bit, i can watch and listen over and over again). i mean her beauty transcends time; it's like the marilyn monroe effect (ok, a slight exaggeration ).

i have to say i'm really digging some of the lyrics to alizee songs. mind you, i don't listen to any foreign music so it's a new thing for me, but it's really fun seeing the translations of the music and interpretations and finding out it's not something you expected. and some of these lyrics are incredibly mature and very multi faceted. some are very shocking, i mean i had no idea such a happy sounding song like hey! amigo! is about a barcelona prostitute, but those lyrics and ones from a contre-courant blow me away. it makes me appreciate the songs even more on another level.

okay, this post is getting really long so i'll stop now. anyways, i'm glad i found this place, seems like this place is full of very dedicated, high quality fans!
Dude... you are not alone. Your story is similar to many of ours. I'm glad you found us

Last edited by CFHollister; 05-21-2007 at 07:38 PM..
Old 05-21-2007, 10:21 PM
Don't speak French :(

Edcognito is on a distinguished road
Red face Ok, I"LL BITE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lead2gold View Post
Ran across her on YouTube, instantly hooked

BTW, great post heyamigo
Have you figured out what I'm Fed Up is about yet?
What the HELL is it about?

I'm an idiot, i just dont' get it. . . .

Ed
Old 05-21-2007, 10:22 PM
Don't speak French :(

Edcognito is on a distinguished road

Welcome to all the new People - And no - your not alone in finding the amazing person captivating! Lots of us do!

Ed
Old 05-21-2007, 11:31 PM
Alizée Cynic

lead2gold is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edcognito View Post

Ed
Well I guess I don't know for sure but...
From the direct translation of the French version..

"My fish stirs
In my bubbly bath
I wrap him up tenderly"

"Everything is delicious"
"Tamed naughtiness"

"I relax
And refresh myself" .. Oh oui ..

"It's my aquatic state,
Getting there is tricky"

"No seismic tremors"

Now if you read the English version of the song..

"It makes me wonder: Is it a sin?"

I'll let your imagination fill in the rest.
Old 05-22-2007, 12:54 AM

Sir Wood is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edcognito View Post

Ed
There was a pretty lengthy discussion on this.
http://moi-alizee.us/forums/showthread.php?t=481

But I'll stick to my ignorance that she's just fed up with all that's going on around her and venting, and taking a soothing bath helps to relieve these worries/stress away. The "Calgon take me away" commercial comes to mind:
<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/vsReBCYaR-Q"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/vsReBCYaR-Q" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

Youpidoo! I'm "foamely" ecstatic... So if you're okey dokey... Let's do boogie-woogie...