Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 09-24-2008, 05:12 PM

Rocket is on a distinguished road

Reminds me of an episode on ST:TNG. Gordi idolized the female engineer who designed the engines for the Enterprise. He made up a hologram of her and made her kind, gentle and very knowledgeable. When he finally got to meet her she was a total bitch. We all precieve what we don't know. We make Alizee the kind of person we want her to be. We watch her videos, concerts and interviews and we make an assumption. Most of the guys in here think of her as perfection or someone who is totally unatainable. I like to think of her as somebody I can just hang out or go shopping.
Old 09-24-2008, 05:16 PM
A man in black

MonteCristo is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by C-4 View Post
What more could I ask for!
more money?
I agree with you. I dont want to stop trying until I breath my last breath. I dont think however, that love can bring me happiness.....with all my knowledge of the people i live with and know, I can't see myself being a happy man until all these peoples souls come clean. Love in my life is nothing but a desire. I have strong emotions for my beliefs, and to add to that, I have very odd and insane beliefs. I care for others more than I care for myself. I'm not a lover.....I belong in the field. Theres not enough room in my life for love, only duty.....how can something as hopeless as me find happiness in love? No, to be at peace with the world and to live to fight another day is good enough for me.
Old 09-24-2008, 05:20 PM
A man in black

MonteCristo is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocket View Post
Reminds me of an episode on ST:TNG. Gordi idolized the female engineer who designed the engines for the Enterprise. He made up a hologram of her and made her kind, gentle and very knowledgeable. When he finally got to meet her she was a total bitch. We all precieve what we don't know. We make Alizee the kind of person we want her to be. We watch her videos, concerts and interviews and we make an assumption. Most of the guys in here think of her as perfection or someone who is totally unatainable. I like to think of her as somebody I can just hang out or go shopping.
actually, i just think of her as what she showed herself to be, charitable, beautifull, good voice, and smart. I definetly dont think of her as perfection dont put me with these guys, and whatever they say, they are NOT speaking for me >.>
Old 09-24-2008, 05:34 PM

Rocket is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonteCristo View Post
dont put me with these guys, and whatever they say, they are NOT speaking for me >.>
I believe I said 'Most of the guys' and not 'ALL of the guys'. I just say what I observe.
Old 09-24-2008, 09:11 PM
Administrator

lefty12357 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
I saw that episode, and I’ve seen it enough times in real life to know it’s often true.

As much as I love Alizée’s voice and music, I sense a hint of a few traits she has that I don’t find very likable. Having said that, I get the impression that she is generally a nice person of good character and I would like to know her better. Her physical appearance fits my personal taste in women and so I do find her very attractive, but I have no illusions that she is somehow perfect.

Alizée has no affect either way on how I perceive women. My perceptions of women are founded in the women who I have known personally in my life such as my mother, my sisters, and girlfriends I’ve had. When it comes to values and character, my mother would be hard to beat. When she was suffering from cancer and very sick from chemotherapy, she was still out doing charity work, delivering 'Meals on Wheels' to shut-ins, who probably weren't as sick as she was.

And I can’t forget my father’s influence. He set a great example for me when I was growing up in the way he treated my mother with love and respect, and as an equal partner in life. He taught me a lot and instilled in me a very positive perception of women from a male perspective. And this has only been positively reinforced by the women who have been close to me in my life.

As much as I like Alizée, she can’t influence those perceptions of mine either way. If we are only talking about women's looks, then Alizée sets the bar high in my opinion. But if we are talking about everything else that makes up a woman, then she has some pretty stiff competition from the women I've known, and I don't know enough about Alizée to make that determination.
Old 09-25-2008, 11:59 AM
recovering alizée addict

dreamer is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by lefty12357 View Post
As much as I love Alizée’s voice and music, I sense a hint of a few traits she has that I don’t find very likable.
Blasphemy! No, seriously, I'd like you to elaborate a bit here.
Old 09-25-2008, 03:26 PM
l´ordre d'Alizée

Tiwaz is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Reminds me of an episode on ST:TNG. Gordi idolized the female engineer who designed the engines for the Enterprise. He made up a hologram of her and made her kind, gentle and very knowledgeable. When he finally got to meet her she was a total bitch.
Alizée is not a fictional character and her eyes don't lie, they are mirrors of ultimate kindness.
Old 09-25-2008, 04:55 PM
Administrator

lefty12357 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamer View Post
Blasphemy! No, seriously, I'd like you to elaborate a bit here.
Sorry, but I'd rather not elaborate on it. All I can say is that Alizée has alluded to certain traits herself in the past. Since I am also reading between the lines a bit and it is mostly my perception and opinion, as well as personal taste, I really don’t want to go there. We all have at least a few traits that others may not find appealing.

On this site I would rather celebrate the things that are wonderful about Alizée, and there are many of those. Overall, I have a very high opinion of Alizée.
Old 09-25-2008, 05:15 PM
recovering alizée addict

dreamer is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by lefty12357 View Post
Sorry, but I'd rather not elaborate on it. All I can say is that Alizée has alluded to certain traits herself in the past. Since I am also reading between the lines a bit and it is mostly my perception and opinion, as well as personal taste, I really don’t want to go there.
Oh, come on, I can take it. Send me a PM if you have too. I'm really just curious and I won't flame you.
Old 09-25-2008, 05:26 PM
D[e]mon of the Fall

jung_adore_ALIZEE is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamer View Post
Oh, come on, I can take it. Send me a PM if you have too. I'm really just curious and I won't flame you.
I to am interested but i may flame (unless i agree with him)

but as he says it should probably stay off of a site like this