Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Other Subjects > Off Topic

Old 06-29-2008, 09:09 PM
Sunglasses wearing bloke

Chommpers is on a distinguished road

I hope all the news is well Renegade and that it is just stress.

^ By the beautifully creative Amelie! Merci!
Old 06-30-2008, 12:11 AM

fsquared is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renegade View Post
Well for the past week I've been waking up in the middle of the night in a cold sweat with a weird sansation throbbing in my back. Also over the course of the week I've lost 10 pounds which is not me because I eat 3 meals a day and snack constantly. I was told by my aunt that it might be signs of a tumor, but I think I'm just over stressed. Recently I've been working over time and not getting enough sleep. Well, I just hope it isn't a tumor and I'll have the results hopefully by the end of today. Once I recieve the results I'll be sure to tell you guys.

Respect To All
Peace Out
Wow, 10 pounds in a week is scary; glad that you're getting checked out, good luck with that and best wishes for a clean bill of health. I remember hearing about someone a little younger than you complaining of constant back pain, they thought it was muscles/etc. but it turned out to be something like colon cancer, so it's good that you're being vigilant.
Old 06-30-2008, 12:38 AM
Francophile!:D

Tye is on a distinguished road

Hope everything turns out alright for you, Renegade.
Old 06-30-2008, 04:29 PM
Jericho Kanes the Name

Renegade is on a distinguished road

Okay well I'm going to the doctor for the results of my X-ray keep your fingers crossed and hope everything comes out fine.

Respect To All
Peace Out

I play Russian roulette everyday.... a man sport, with a bullet life.
YEA a bullet called life.
Old 06-30-2008, 05:28 PM
Francophile!:D

Tye is on a distinguished road

Good luck!
Old 06-30-2008, 05:45 PM

ggin is on a distinguished road
Default Fingers = XX

Good luck Renegade. We're all hoping for the best.

My signature and Avatar courtesy of the lovely and talented Amelie!
Old 07-01-2008, 04:37 AM

NYMedStudent is on a distinguished road

Just going by your age, I would predict that what you have is not cancer. The leading cause of death in your age category is car accidents. Once you hit 25 you start breaking into cancer territory.

Still unintended weight loss is usually pathologic, but this does not necessarily mean tumor.

For instance, you could have an infection. We'd look in your blood for elevated white blood cells. REALLY elevated blood white blood cells could mean cancers like leukemia/lymphoma.

You could have an aortic aneurysm which is just a dilation of the main artery coming off your heart. This happens in people that have defects in connective tissue, such as Marfans. (Are you tall like Abraham Lincoln?). This would explain the throbbing sensation in your back. This may be part of the reason for the x-ray; the dilatation can be seen pretty easily.

I would stay on top of all the tests/studies ordered for you. It is important to get to a diagnosis without delays so you can start treatment.

Good luck, and please keep us up to date on your tests and symptoms.

BTW, are you bruising easily, feeling fatigued, fever, bone pain, swelling in your legs, abdominal pain?

Old 07-01-2008, 08:48 AM
un jour une fois

espire is on a distinguished road

I see an opportunity for free healthcare in America. It involves NYMedStudent, and a sack suitable for kidnapping.
Old 07-01-2008, 12:39 PM
Faded into Gray

TheBarrett is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by espire View Post
I see an opportunity for free healthcare in America. It involves NYMedStudent, and a sack suitable for kidnapping.
Perhaps the same that was used to kidnap Pamela Anderson in that crude mockumentary?
Old 07-01-2008, 01:28 PM
Jericho Kanes the Name

Renegade is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYMedStudent View Post
Just going by your age, I would predict that what you have is not cancer. The leading cause of death in your age category is car accidents. Once you hit 25 you start breaking into cancer territory.

Still unintended weight loss is usually pathologic, but this does not necessarily mean tumor.

For instance, you could have an infection. We'd look in your blood for elevated white blood cells. REALLY elevated blood white blood cells could mean cancers like leukemia/lymphoma.

You could have an aortic aneurysm which is just a dilation of the main artery coming off your heart. This happens in people that have defects in connective tissue, such as Marfans. (Are you tall like Abraham Lincoln?). This would explain the throbbing sensation in your back. This may be part of the reason for the x-ray; the dilatation can be seen pretty easily.

I would stay on top of all the tests/studies ordered for you. It is important to get to a diagnosis without delays so you can start treatment.

Good luck, and please keep us up to date on your tests and symptoms.

BTW, are you bruising easily, feeling fatigued, fever, bone pain, swelling in your legs, abdominal pain?

I have been feeling fatigued and have been having abdominal pain, sadly my results for some reason haven't come in yet so I'm going back to the doctor today to see the outcome of my X-ray. He says he has my results for sure now.

Respect To All
Peace Out

I play Russian roulette everyday.... a man sport, with a bullet life.
YEA a bullet called life.