Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Other Subjects > Off Topic

Old 07-19-2008, 04:55 PM
Mr. Mike

Future Raptor Ace is on a distinguished road
Thumbs down I find this ridiculous

http://news.aol.com/article/web-phot...958x1200293015
Now I'm not saying this guy was innocent but to base his character off of a picture of him doing what all college kids are going to which is "have a good time" is absurd. I mean get real; that picture hardly proves anything relative to the case if you ask me. Tell me what you you guys think!

LETS GO YANKEES! CONGRATS ON #4 GIANTS!

Old 07-19-2008, 07:59 PM
no use for a title

nurvonic is on a distinguished road

dont do the crime if you cant do the time, as the saying goes. drinking and driving is serious business, nothing to be taken lightly. hell, the kid almost killed a woman, probably paralized her for life, and this dude is livin it up at a halloween party, drinking a ....red bull, apparantly. and even more disrespect to his victim, he dresses up as a 'jail bird', pending his sentencing. it just shows what kind of character he has, and i can see why the judge reacted the way he did. if i damn near killed a woman because of my drunkeness, i would be in AA or something, not fuckin around at a party.
Old 07-19-2008, 08:00 PM

Bud10 is on a distinguished road

That is stupid, he was at a Halloween party. They shouldn't be allowed to use this picture against him considering he isn't really doing anything wrong. I'm not saying he is innocent on the drunk driving case, but really its just a picture.

Last edited by Bud10; 07-19-2008 at 08:05 PM..
Old 07-19-2008, 08:26 PM
Don't speak French :(

Edcognito is on a distinguished road

Guys - I just read this story myself off of Yahoo News...

It shows a tremendous lack of maturity.

I have seen far too many lives wrecked, mangled bodies and outright death to have any regret over what happened to this young man. If it weren't for the internet, he would probably have gone to before the court, given the judge some sob story about how remorsefull he was, and been let off on probation.

He displayed wrong judgement to get behind the wheel intoxicated and compounded that by attending a party, in an outfit parodying the potential jail time he was going to get. That shows an absolute lack of any understanding of what he had done, or any empathy to the woman he almost killed.

I bet, like FRA and Bud, he's saying "its unfair to use that against me" - when what was unfair, was his blatant disregard for any other human-beings life by driving drunk. Her injuries aren't detailed, however, if she spent 10 minutes in the ER, thats 10 minutes BECAUSE OF HIM - that she can never have back. I am willing to bet it was far more than 10 mins...

Quote:

PROVIDENCE, R.I. - Two weeks after Joshua Lipton was charged in a drunken driving crash that seriously injured a woman, the 20-year-old college junior attended a Halloween party dressed as a prisoner. Pictures from the party showed him in a black-and-white striped shirt and an orange jumpsuit labeled "Jail Bird.
Quote:
Sullivan used the pictures to paint Lipton as an unrepentant partier who lived it up while his victim recovered in the hospital.
Yeah, way more than 10 mins.......

Ultimately, don't drink and drive. Period.

ED

"Most men serve the state thus: Not as men mainly, but as machines . . . "
Henry David Thoreau
Civil Disobedience

Last edited by Edcognito; 07-19-2008 at 08:31 PM..
Old 07-19-2008, 08:37 PM
Jericho Kanes the Name

Renegade is on a distinguished road
Default Imo

In my opinion it was stupid for him to drink and drive in the first place. He endangered the life of another human being and I know far too well on how it feels to lose loved ones due to drunk driving.So in the end I say that he should go to jail endangering the life of another human being, so what is the point of bringing a picture of him dressed as a "jail bird" into the discussion. If he was caught drinking and driving and almost killed someone there is no need for further discussion. He gets sent to jail end of story.

Respect To All
Peace Out

I play Russian roulette everyday.... a man sport, with a bullet life.
YEA a bullet called life.
Old 07-19-2008, 08:54 PM
Alizée's Watch-Dragon

Deepwaters is on a distinguished road

As long as the pictures were not presented as evidence of guilt, but only as character evidence impacting sentencing, I don't have a problem with this. Obviously his presence at that party has nothing to say about whether he drove drunk or not. But if other evidence convicts him of the offense, then this attitude evidence can reasonably have a bearing on the sentence.

The Stairway To Nowhere (FREE): http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/8357
The Child of Paradox: http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/27019
The Golden Game: http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/56716
Old 07-19-2008, 08:58 PM
Don't speak French :(

Edcognito is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deepwaters View Post
As long as the pictures were not presented as evidence of guilt, but only as character evidence impacting sentencing, I don't have a problem with this. Obviously his presence at that party has nothing to say about whether he drove drunk or not. But if other evidence convicts him of the offense, then this attitude evidence can reasonably have a bearing on the sentence.

The pictures were used as Character Evidence at sentencing.....

Actions have consequences....

ED

"Most men serve the state thus: Not as men mainly, but as machines . . . "
Henry David Thoreau
Civil Disobedience
Old 07-20-2008, 12:51 AM
Mr. Mike

yes guys he was stupid for drinking and driving but that's not the point. The point is why should a picture that was taken prior to this event and has nothing to even do with this incident be used against him?

Old 07-20-2008, 12:59 AM
Languishing Without Lili

NarutoSoul is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Future Raptor Ace View Post
yes guys he was stupid for drinking and driving but that's not the point. The point is why should a picture that was taken prior to this event and has nothing to even do with this incident be used against him?
"PROVIDENCE, R.I. (July 19) - Two weeks after Joshua Lipton was charged in a drunken driving crash that seriously injured a woman, the 20-year-old college junior attended a Halloween party dressed as a prisoner."

He decided after being charged to go to a party dressed as a prisoner? Not only does that show a serious lack of remorse, it's also in horribly bad taste.
Old 07-20-2008, 01:19 AM
Mr. Mike

wow that's a big after there lol.
Either way before after, its still a separate event!
And sorry im still on this medication that makes me feel like im drunk!