Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Other Subjects > Support

Old 09-10-2018, 09:03 PM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

Definitely seeing some different members posting here and I'm sure it's because AF is no longer around. I don't see much changing with this forum so maybe it is better that another website is started that has different language forums. This is a forum that we the active participants have little control over. That all may well change soon and be dictated by how well her come back goes.

Last edited by Scruffydog777; 09-10-2018 at 10:17 PM..
Old 09-24-2018, 01:18 PM

Merci Alizée is on a distinguished road

I have got access to the homepage.
Old 09-24-2018, 02:58 PM
Against The Current

Fall is on a distinguished road

Ok! Then we can get to work. I posed a possible update to the bio information which is currently way out of date. CC suggested we get rid of the bio entirely. So, we should have a poll of members who would rather keep and update the bio, or get rid of it.

The other matter is updating the image. There was a consensus I believe, that we should have either a GIF or slideshow of images from different eras. This would save us the trouble of having to update a single image every so often. A few images should be enough because I don't think people spend that much time on the homepage anyway; they won't get "old" in a hurry.

Additionally, I requested that we add an Instagram tab to the links at the top of the page. Aaronius originally created an @AlizeeAmerica account but forgot the email and password for it, so it's kinda dead. Ray created an account named @AlizeeUSA which I've been posting on since January 2014, and sharing the posts on AAm's Facebook page and Twitter. I'm having second thoughts about getting rid of the Podcast section. Maybe we could renew it, and post them on Soundcloud or something, that could be a cool project. We could interview different members about their Alizée experience and talk about events past and present. If there's not enough interest, then we can get rid of it but I hope it can be considered in the future should we have more active members.

Some have mentioned that AAm seems to be one of the last Alizée forums still running; I would like to invite members of other international forums to join AAm Familiarity with the English language isn't a problem - since few of us speak French, we're used to using Google Translate
Old 09-29-2018, 10:29 PM

Merci Alizée is on a distinguished road

Although it's expected that the members would know a bit about Alizee when they visit this site, but still I feel bio isn't long and with those links to buy albums it is basic requirement for homepage. If we don't have bio, then what do we have there?

Homepage banner needs update.

We can add instagram too. I have access to home page now and can make changes there.

Edit:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CleverCowboy View Post
I have been taking some mental notes of some things that members had commented in chat or in a forum post that would improve the web site, plus I have my own ideas. I am just going to list them all out in bullet points so I can just get them all out there in one place. This is a "wish list" only and there are no expectations tied to them.

What makes the suggestion process difficult in this case is we do not know what the limitations are, whether it be a limitation of talent, money, time or the software this site was developed with. In any case, here is the list.

* Allow non-registered users to view chat, but not be able to post until they register. Have it viewable from the landing page. (of course, some recent conversations would have to be scrubbed).

* Adding language packs to the site to attract international members. A few language that come to mind is Spanish, Russian, and French.

* Convert the landing page to HTML5 for a more modern, dynamic experience. Some of our younger members had expressed that a redesign of the site to something more modern would be appropriate.

* Update the forum to a more recent version but still retain all history.

* Change the strategy in which site donations are collected. There should be more transparency of annual operating costs, financial goals should be made viewable to members and progress toward goals should be regularly updated.

* A forum should be created that is private to members only. This thread is a good example of something that should not be visible to non-members.

* How about a forum for other French singers? There might be a thread created for Lorie, once the web crawlers do their business, a Lorie fan might end up on this site after a web search.

* The landing page is probably what most chatter has been about. There is at least one dead link, and the Podcast is not relevant anymore. It can be a work in progress and evolve in steps, but taking that first step has been the hardest.
Even if you manage to get the site backup, it's unlikely that you can get the AAm domain name anytime soon.

Current chat doesn't support view for guests. Need to replace it with some other chat mod for public view.

Updating the forum software and other bulk changes are dependent on server access which we won't get anytime soon.

Last edited by Merci Alizée; 09-29-2018 at 10:29 PM.. Reason: Automerged Doubleposts
Old 09-30-2018, 02:30 PM

I've been tied in with so much other stuff, I haven't had time to revisit it until now. I think CleverCowboy had some very good suggestions.

One thing wrong with the bio is it's only 3 1/2 paragraphs long and to be quite frank, 1 1/2 of those paragraphs are about failures. I question the statement ' .... a successful concert series in Mexico.' , which makes no mention of the cancelled concerts in Paris, not to mention other locations that were dropped before they would've been cancelled. If I was trying to impress someone with Alizee's performances, I would never show them one from Mexico.

The picture I think we all agree needs to be changed. Though this was a great moment for her, the picture is just a 'cute' picture. That's fine when the forum was in it's heyday with lots of members, but in the past couple of years, we went through some pretty lean days.

So we can't put all our eggs in one basket by using just one picture that may appeal to some, but not to others. There are so many great and so many stunning pictures out there, we need to post several to draw potential new members in. To make them wonder where these other pictures came from and no I'm not talking about the revealing pictures from JPVA, ML or JEAM, but there are many appropriate pictures from those performances.

There are pictures from En Concert, pictures from the early years, so many great pictures from Les Enfoires, DALS, private life, yet we have a picture of her holding a trophy where all they can really read is 'anse stars'. IF they figure it out, this particular picture wont be enough to pike their interest.
I think the information window on the home page needs to be wider so we can include either more info, or more pictures.
Old 09-30-2018, 03:19 PM
Administrator

CleverCowboy is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scruffydog777 View Post
I think the information window on the home page needs to be wider so we can include either more info, or more pictures.
Pictures. Many as possible to span her whole career. Keep words to a minimum on the landing page. Bio should be a link and not take up so much real estate. People will identify her with the photos and know they are at the right place.
Old 09-30-2018, 04:28 PM

I agree!...Pictures from her whole career, some of which these visitors haven't seen before will make people want to investigate further.
Old 10-01-2018, 12:20 AM

Rev is on a distinguished road

Her eyes in the current picture grab you, so I am really supportive of keeping this picture. However, more pictures can be added - possibly, one flashing after the other. Also, there is a lot of space on the screen that is not currently being used.

Another thought is having a mobile version of the home page as well.
Old 10-01-2018, 06:40 AM
Administrator

CleverCowboy is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev View Post
Her eyes in the current picture grab you, so I am really supportive of keeping this picture. However, more pictures can be added - possibly, one flashing after the other. Also, there is a lot of space on the screen that is not currently being used.
DALS is an important part of Alizee's life, so the current picture and maybe a few more of her and Greg dancing should be included.

The rotating picture idea is a good one. There might be room for even two parts of the home page to rotate pictures.

Maybe we should start posting thumbnail images on this thread of pictures that can be reviewed and voted on? Maybe decide on a count of pictures, like 20, 25,...?

We all have our favorite pictures, but I think a couple slots should be reserved for pictures of her from her two most famous videos, JEM and La Isla Bonita. Those seem to be the entry videos for most, and would be instantly identifiable for new fans. For JEM, I prefer a front shot of her with the sailor suit, not one from behind showing the goldfish. I don't think I have to explain why.
Old 10-02-2018, 12:10 AM

Rev is on a distinguished road

But ... I like the red fish!