Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 09-09-2016, 06:21 PM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

Thanks dwbuck and good to see your first post!
Old 09-09-2016, 06:22 PM

Shepherd is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scruffydog777 View Post
Apparently this is a video put together by Johan and posted by Jo. Nice job with good music. We'll have to track down the location...
http://vimeo.com/181087025?ref=fb-share

We have seen photos of Alizee with friends on a mountain top overlooking this site.

https://www.google.com/maps/@41.9260.../data=!3m1!1e3
Old 09-09-2016, 07:23 PM
Last Fan Standing

Ray4AJ is on a distinguished road

Many fans made a visit to Little Capo during vacances this summer, based on some Instagram posts.
Old 09-11-2016, 12:40 PM
Alizée dreamer

Un-rêve is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Apparently this is a video put together by Johan and posted by Jo. Nice job with good music.........http://vimeo.com/181087025?ref=fb-share
Yeah it's a nice vid, it seems Alizée's brother has good taste in music as the song is by Lilly Wood And The Prick. I actually stumbled across them a couple of years ago with this one titled Prayer in C and now once again.

Edit:

"I've been trying to find a smell, it's not our country that I'm in"

Alizée, Balayent les maux de cœur

Last edited by Un-rêve; 09-11-2016 at 02:59 PM..
Old 09-11-2016, 12:46 PM
Last Fan Standing

Ray4AJ is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Apparently this is a video put together by Johan and posted by Jo. Nice job with good music. We'll have to track down the location...
http://vimeo.com/181087025?ref=fb-share
Do you have the link to the original posting? Following this video link, I don't see any mention of Jo or Johann

Edit

Okay, I see her brother changed his name on his IG account and linked to the video on his profile.
https://www.instagram.com/flamingyoo/

Last edited by Ray4AJ; 09-11-2016 at 02:50 PM..
Old 09-12-2016, 12:58 AM

[QUOTE=Un-rêve;256860]Yeah it's a nice vid, it seems Alizée's brother has good taste in music as the song is by Lilly Wood And The Prick. I actually stumbled across them a couple of years ago with this one titled Prayer in C and now once again.

Thanks for posting the links to these vids. I tried finding them on You Tube, but was searching for "Little Capo."
Old 09-12-2016, 01:22 PM

I spent yesterday at my brother's house (First Sunday of football season). So I guess you guys did get to see the video.

It was asked in here recently if Alizee is still under contract with Sony. I saw this posted today by Ghislain Rossi of AIFC. By the way....I think today is MF's birthday.

new label.jpg

Last edited by Scruffydog777; 09-12-2016 at 01:28 PM..
Old 09-12-2016, 03:11 PM

[QUOTE=Scruffydog777;256864]I spent yesterday at my brother's house (First Sunday of football season). So I guess you guys did get to see the video.

It was asked in here recently if Alizee is still under contract with Sony. I saw this posted today by Ghislain Rossi of AIFC. By the way....I think today is MF's birthday.

I don't think there is anything surprising here. Over the last year or so Alizee has not been singing, even her old tunes--with the exception of one occasion on the DAL tour when someone she liked asked her to sing. Alizee has stated that she has no desire to sing. She has done nothing to advance or even to maintain a career as a singer. Although she may not have formally cut ties with Sony, it does appear she walked away from them. I can't say I blame her for doing that. It appears that Sony barely gave her any support on that last album. That being the case, Sony has made it legal that they have no obligations to her. If she decides to sing again, I don't think she will have a problem finding a small label and an audience of faithful fans.

Alizee has stated a number of times that she doesn't take orders, that she will dig her heels in if someone attempts to give her orders. Although we know her to be a charming woman, behind the scenes she might be difficult to work with. One of the reasons she gave for not wanting to cut another album is that there were too many arguments. It's possible that in the midst of these arguments, she might have offended someone powerful. In her limited discussions about MF, she suggested that Mylene was making too many demands. That might have led to their unfortunate breakup.

Alizee also has an immature streak. Her first marriage in Las Vegas appears to have been done on a whim, and her tattoos are what you would expect of a twelve-year-old.

So now what? Her venues have been reduced to guest appearances on TV shows, and dance lessons for classes of a dozen or so students. Her appearances on Alizee America have grown slim indeed, being augmented by odds and ends taken from Jo Jacotey's FB and contributions from her fans. She will always be a star, but her light is growing dim.
Old 09-12-2016, 06:47 PM

Well I think her not being under contract with Sony, if there is even a remote chance that her singing career might some how continue is the best thing that could have happened to her and to be perfectly honest, if her singing career is coming to an end, it's not because of Sony's decision; it's because of her decision.

I give Sony an A for effort, but their efforts were so mismanaged, she had little chance for success and I think a large part of that is due to her input.

All you have to do is look at the album Blonde. First of all, she had such incredible beauty right out of the box. Though changing her hair color to blond was a poor decision; it had nothing to do with the failure of this album. Though the tats were in my opinion, a big mistake career wise, they had nothing to do with the failure of this album.

The failure of this album was caused by a few things. First of all, they chose a mediocre song to be the focus of the album and of course that is Blonde. Even if they had produced a great video, which they certainly didn't, it could not have done this song any good.

With someone like Alizee, with her beauty and dancing ability, they should've produced at least 3 videos for this album. Alcaline which they surprisingly realized was a good song on this album, should've been the main focus of another video. It told a simple story of a woman who wasn't happy with her life who used the music of her headphones (and it's alcaline battery) to escape. Again with her beauty and dancing, it could've made for such an easy video to produce. This song should've been a top 10 hit. But as amazingly hard as it must've been to make her look bad on stage.......they did and again, I have to think a large part of that is due to her input. How many times during the promotion of this album, did we see her look terrible on stage and great off stage? She and Sony could put out 100 more albums and they would all fail, because they don't know how to handle her. It's like a diamond in the rough. If you cut it the wrong way, which they have a talent of doing, something priceless becomes worthless.

K.O. to was another very good song. It was about her boxing Muhammad Ali. With her kick boxing ability, the potential was there for another good video, but it was another opportunity wasted.

I really enjoyed Alcaline and K.O., but certainly with Alcaline, not the way it was presented to us. So I put together two videos which I often watch using video from En Concert that was directed by two people who knew what they were doing and of course that is MF and LB.

So it doesn't really bother me at all that her and Sony have split. Hopefully she may sign up with another company, but Sony releasing her will not spell the end of her singing career. It will be her who brings her career to an end. Breaking from Sony can only be a plus, but I feel it might have come at a time that is too late to do her singing career any good.

Last edited by Scruffydog777; 09-13-2016 at 06:18 PM..
Old 09-13-2016, 05:05 AM

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=3&theater