Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 12-22-2018, 04:17 AM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough
Default What does the average woman think of Alizee?

I was wondering what it's like for women when they come across a performer like Alizee Usually the first performance they are most likely to see are the very sexy performances of J'en ai marre and Moi Lolita. I wouldn't be surprised if their first impression is "She's using sex to sell", but it wasn't really Alizée who was using sex to sell, it was Mylene Famer. Alizée was just playing a role in a situation that was a once in a lifetime opportunity. She'd be a fool to turn it down. So did women resent her for taking that role? Did they envy her? Were they jealous of her? I look at the beginning of J'en ai marre pour Laurette when the camera was panning the audience and I wonder what were these women thinking?

http://youtu.be/az2A2grOtOo?t=5

Last edited by Scruffydog777; 12-22-2018 at 09:56 AM..
Old 12-22-2018, 10:09 AM

Edsel Di Meo is on a distinguished road

Two female friends of mine have said she's super pretty but a male friend of mine didn't like her because of her 'large' forehead, ahaha
Old 12-22-2018, 10:36 AM
Super Moderator

Bamagirl is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scruffydog777 View Post
I was wondering what it's like for women when they come across a performer like Alizee Usually the first performance they are most likely to see are the very sexy performances of J'en ai marre and Moi Lolita. I wouldn't be surprised if their first impression is "She's using sex to sell", but it wasn't really Alizée who was using sex to sell, it was Mylene Famer. Alizée was just playing a role in a situation that was a once in a lifetime opportunity. She'd be a fool to turn it down. So did women resent her for taking that role? Did they envy her? Were they jealous of her? I look at the beginning of J'en ai marre pour Laurette when the camera was panning the audience and I wonder what were these women thinking?

http://youtu.be/az2A2grOtOo?t=5
I think that a secure woman would not resent her at all. Anyone who resented her for taking that opportunity is most likely insecure and that resentment is part of their own personality issues and probably surfaces in other aspects of their lives. I don't think that having resentment is a healthy reaction. There might be a tiny bit of envy, but only in the same way we all envy people we admire or wish we could be like. I know that when I watch her performances, I am able to appreciate and enjoy her attractiveness and her sexiness, without comparing myself to her. As a younger woman, I might have felt a desire to emulate her to a degree, and I might have watched her with an eye to learning how she moves and dresses. That would have fallen much more in the category of "admiration" rather than envy, though. As a woman, I do not have the same reaction as a man might--I am not sexually attracted to her--but I can still appreciate and enjoy the talent and beauty and, yes, the sexiness she projects.
Old 12-22-2018, 10:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edsel Di Meo View Post
Two female friends of mine have said she's super pretty but a male friend of mine didn't like her because of her 'large' forehead, ahaha
Well it wasn't until just a few minutes ago, that I had heard the term 'fiveheads'. Fivehead (n.): The bit of your head that's normally called the forehead, but when it's so big it can fit five fingers on it instead of four.
The website I found this on had a list of 26 fiveheads. This group includes two who I consider very classy women from Hollywood and that is Jenifer Garner and Nicole Kidman. It also includes names such as Uma Thurman, Angelina Jolie, Rihanna, Olivia Wilde who looked gorgeous in Cowboys and Aliens.

Here is the web site where I found that list of 26.
https://www.buzzfeed.com/tabathalegg...-your-fivehead
As far as what your friend says about Alizee, are you perfect? Is he saying something about you behind your back? I've often said about people I work with who may be buddy, buddy with you while you are work, but in the long run, for the most part, is that all they are is people you work with.

Edit:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bamagirl View Post
I think that a secure woman would not resent her at all....................................
Well I think a key word here in what you said is "a secure woman". What would it take for a woman to feel secure while watching Alizée with her boyfriend or in today's world, maybe her girl friend? Would looks as good as Alizee be enough or would they also have to be able to dance as well and as sexily as Alizee?

Last edited by Scruffydog777; 12-22-2018 at 10:54 AM.. Reason: Automerged Doubleposts
Old 12-22-2018, 12:07 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Well I think a key word here in what you said is "a secure woman". What would it take for a woman to feel secure while watching Alizée with her boyfriend or in today's world, maybe her girl friend? Would looks as good as Alizee be enough or would they also have to be able to dance as well and as sexily as Alizee?
I think it depends mostly on how she was treated growing up. If she is told she is beautiful as a child, and given the encouragement that she is worthwhile—I think she is likely to be secure. In later life, men can tell a woman she is beautiful but unfortunately if she doesn’t have a core belief in herself, she may never truly believe it. She’ll just constantly keep trying to feel good about herself and she will always feel she falls short. That’s why some gorgeous women are insecure while some relatively plain women feel secure and confident.
Old 12-22-2018, 12:15 PM

That's an interesting thought. Alizée herself said she used to be teased by others about her glasses and about her at the time, unique name. Dancing was a place she sought refuge from that and found great comfort in it. Maybe that's why she became so good at it. Even after she became a star, she said she was uncomfortable with watching videos of her own performances. Maybe she was the least secure woman at her performances, at least at the beginning, but once she started dancing, nothing else mattered. She was where she wanted to be.
Old 12-22-2018, 01:21 PM
Administrator

CleverCowboy is on a distinguished road

If I had an ultimatum between Alizee and a woman I was in a relationship with who didn't want me viewing her videos and pictures and being the fan that I am, I would choose Alizee. As Bamagirl suggested in her posts, there will be a long string of insecurities I would have to deal with in the future with the woman if I did what she wished. I would be stuck with catering to those insecurities and would lead to a very unhealthy relationship.

I never really understood that level of insecurity, but I do understand that childhood experiences can lead some people to extreme insecure behavior as adults. I have been in relationships with women who have had a thing for Brad Pitt, Clint Eastwood, and even Cary Grant from the old days. Personally, I think they are great. I thought Clint was such a bad ass during his Western movie days, and he had a great look. Yes, I can easily say he was a very attractive guy without it threatening my masculinity. Cary Grant had the looks, and he had charisma. I can see why women were attracted to them, but it had no bearing on my relationship with the woman, so why would I care?

Maybe women have a tendency to be more jealous of competition?

Edit:

I did want to add that Alizee showed jealousy when Gregoire was supposed to dance with a particularly attractive dancer some time ago prior to their marriage (forgot the woman's name), and he bowed out of the event. At first I thought maybe she was the jealous type because of some of her insecurities, but later I realized at that point in her life, she was wounded, and I think one can reasonably come to a conclusion how she was wounded. I don't think this is a normal part of her personality because, after all, Greg spends almost every day teaching young women to dance.

Last edited by CleverCowboy; 12-22-2018 at 01:31 PM..
Old 12-22-2018, 02:35 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
That's an interesting thought. Alizée herself said she used to be teased by others about her glasses and about her at the time, unique name. Dancing was a place she sought refuge from that and found great comfort in it. Maybe that's why she became so good at it. Even after she became a star, she said she was uncomfortable with watching videos of her own performances. Maybe she was the least secure woman at her performances, at least at the beginning, but once she started dancing, nothing else mattered. She was where she wanted to be.
Somewhere, though, she got the inner confidence to continue. No matter how much she was teased by her peers, if she had a rock solid foundation of security from her parents, I believe that would allow her to more easily overcome the natural insecurity created by the teasing.

Edit:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CleverCowboy View Post
If I had an ultimatum between Alizee and a woman I was in a relationship with who didn't want me viewing her videos and pictures and being the fan that I am, I would choose Alizee. As Bamagirl suggested in her posts, there will be a long string of insecurities I would have to deal with in the future with the woman if I did what she wished. I would be stuck with catering to those insecurities and would lead to a very unhealthy relationship.

I never really understood that level of insecurity, but I do understand that childhood experiences can lead some people to extreme insecure behavior as adults. I have been in relationships with women who have had a thing for Brad Pitt, Clint Eastwood, and even Cary Grant from the old days. Personally, I think they are great. I thought Clint was such a bad ass during his Western movie days, and he had a great look. Yes, I can easily say he was a very attractive guy without it threatening my masculinity. Cary Grant had the looks, and he had charisma. I can see why women were attracted to them, but it had no bearing on my relationship with the woman, so why would I care?

Maybe women have a tendency to be more jealous of competition?

Edit:

I did want to add that Alizee showed jealousy when Gregoire was supposed to dance with a particularly attractive dancer some time ago prior to their marriage (forgot the woman's name), and he bowed out of the event. At first I thought maybe she was the jealous type because of some of her insecurities, but later I realized at that point in her life, she was wounded, and I think one can reasonably come to a conclusion how she was wounded. I don't think this is a normal part of her personality because, after all, Greg spends almost every day teaching young women to dance.
You are so right, Cowboy. The woman would not be asking you to choose between her and Alizée, anyway. She'd be asking you to only give your energy, appreciation and attention to her and to nothing and no-one else. Your admiration of Alizée would just the thing she focused on--but as you said, there would be plenty of other things she would be insecure about and consider were competing with her. That kind of insecurity would be so destructive I don't see how a relationship could survive.
Just like you can appreciate attractive men--without being attracted TO them, I can do the same with women. I have never understood women who feel threatened when a man admires other women--especially celebrities! Does she really think that these celebrities are a threat to her? Or does she have some kind of idea that if a man sees a woman more beautiful than she is, he will not want her anymore? If a man really was like that, what does she want with him, anyway? Because there will always be younger, prettier, sexier women. If your relationship is based on the fact that you are the most beautiful woman he will ever see, you are in trouble!
I once knew a man who went on a blind date with a woman he described as very attractive. On their first date, they were sitting in a bar and a pretty girl walked by and his eyes followed her for a minute. His date was furious, and she actually began to cry. She told him she felt deeply hurt and offended that he looked at another woman. Talk about red flags!

Last edited by Bamagirl; 12-22-2018 at 02:35 PM.. Reason: Automerged Doubleposts
Old 12-23-2018, 01:55 AM

Rev is on a distinguished road

Interesting that she felt that emotional about it on a first date! Usually, you would think that there would already have to be some emotional investment in order to trigger such a reaction.
Old 12-23-2018, 01:21 PM

This topic reminded me of this clip I took from En Concert 9 years ago. I'm assuming the guy this woman is looking at is her boyfriend. She's looking at him, but I don't think he realizes she is even there.