Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Other Subjects > Off Topic

Old 08-04-2010, 09:25 AM
<Love that girl still!!! forever my coco

VVVACCPLPNLY is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marquis<3Alizée View Post
I don't care about this kid, he's nothing. In a couple of years he'll die out and Alizée will be bigger then him... Oh wait she already is haha!!!
EXCEPT NO, sadly, she is not 1/4 as big as Justin Bieber is.
Old 08-04-2010, 09:26 AM
Mr. Mike

Future Raptor Ace is on a distinguished road

"German..................I dont know what that means"
"..........is German for................. idk what that means; we dont say that in America"

lol wow...... yea Justin we dont say German in America
Meh I dont really care for this little Canadian kid, he tries too hard to be kool and it shows; he needs to just be himself!

LETS GO YANKEES! CONGRATS ON #4 GIANTS!

Old 08-04-2010, 01:07 PM
Dream always and all ways.

Azhiri is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck View Post

"Nothing interesting", true, but millions of kids (mine included) are going to be extremely interested anyway. Where did I go wrong? I hang my head in shame.
Sad but true. I feel like I hear the kid's name at least once every day from somebody, so there's no doubt his movie's gonna be mega-successful. I'm taking this as another sign that the apocalypse is near! Giant earthquakes, celebrities dropping like flies, Justin Bieber gets a movie.. (jk, but still. This is retarded.)

"In any case, being sexy includes being natural. Anything can be sexy, except vulgarity." - Alizée
Old 08-04-2010, 09:54 PM
Founder: 5,060 club.

wasabi622 is on a distinguished road

That's just.. wtf?

Really? Why?? He's been around for like a year it feels like. As gay as it sounds, if them High school musical people like Vanessa Hudgens and Zach Effron aren't getting an biopic, why the heck should this little kid???

And Chuck! I'm liking the quote you have there.

Old 08-05-2010, 01:18 AM
amateur phlebotomist

Chuck is on a distinguished road
Angry Thoughts on Biopics and Bad Words

Thank you Wasabs, glad you approve - in fact, I'm relieved! (I borrowed it without asking you - oops - sorry!)

And good point there, W - there are no Zac Efron or Vanessa Hudgens biopics, not even a Britney one. No, the world wasn't crying out for biopics of any of these people, but Justin Bieber? Come on! Well, let's hope it flops, or else they'll make biopics about everybody and anybody!

Oh, one more thing that's been bothering me: I dislike the little guy intensely, but I still can't abide people calling Justin Bieber a "faggot" or a "fruit". Let's all try to avoid using these kinds of terms from now on. We've got standards to uphold here, people! (For that matter, so do the homosexuals of the world, and most of them probably don't want to be associated with this guy either.)

If you want to call him a wuss, a wimp, a pansy, or even a daffodil, I personally see no problem with any of those terms. But "faggot", "fruit", or anything else that would typically be used to derogatorily refer to a gay person, those kinds of words should have no place here.

And the word "gay", too - that's another problem, sometimes. Again, it's fine with me if you want to say "Perez Hilton, that guy is so gay!" because it's basically true. But let's not start saying "Justin Bieber is so gay! Zac Efron is so gay! Vanessa Hudgens is totally gay!"

Why not? For one thing, JungAdore and even Alizée herself have mentioned that in France, large portions of her fan base are gay. But if they're buying the CD's, enjoying the music, and preaching her gospel, hey, that should be totally cool with any of us. Right?

Old 08-05-2010, 01:20 AM

AceTone is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by VVVACCPLPNLY View Post
EXCEPT NO, sadly, she is not 1/4 as big as Justin Bieber is.
Actually she's just as big as Bieber. Both are around 5' 3½''.
Old 08-05-2010, 01:34 AM
amateur phlebotomist

Chuck is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by acetone View Post
actually she's just as big as bieber. Both are around 5' 3½''.
Old 08-05-2010, 02:24 AM
Dream always and all ways.

Azhiri is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Thank you Wasabs, glad you approve - in fact, I'm relieved! (I borrowed it without asking you - oops - sorry!)

And good point there, W - there are no Zac Efron or Vanessa Hudgens biopics, not even a Britney one. No, the world wasn't crying out for biopics of any of these people, but Justin Bieber? Come on! Well, let's hope it flops, or else they'll make biopics about everybody and anybody!
Hey, maybe Lili could get her own biopic if we all camp outside some producer's house and demand it for long enough! Lord knows she deserves it more than this daffodil. ;P

Also, I don't think any offense to gay people was meant by the fruit 'n faggot remarks. For lots of people they're just derogatory terms, no specific people come to mind when using them (for me anyways ). But I agree, we should steer clear of things like that either way.

"In any case, being sexy includes being natural. Anything can be sexy, except vulgarity." - Alizée
Old 08-05-2010, 09:22 AM
Mňau ^_^

Fèvier is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azhiri View Post
Hey, maybe Lili could get her own biopic if we all camp outside some producer's house and demand it for long enough! Lord knows she deserves it more than this daffodil. ;P
give me a time and place. I'll be there

Old 08-05-2010, 11:00 AM
A Contre Courant...

Rictor is on a distinguished road

Quote:

Oh, one more thing that's been bothering me: I dislike the little guy intensely, but I still can't abide people calling Justin Bieber a "faggot" or a "fruit". Let's all try to avoid using these kinds of terms from now on. We've got standards to uphold here, people! (For that matter, so do the homosexuals of the world, and most of them probably don't want to be associated with this guy either.)

If you want to call him a wuss, a wimp, a pansy, or even a daffodil, I personally see no problem with any of those terms. But "faggot", "fruit", or anything else that would typically be used to derogatorily refer to a gay person, those kinds of words should have no place here.

And the word "gay", too - that's another problem, sometimes. Again, it's fine with me if you want to say "Perez Hilton, that guy is so gay!" because it's basically true. But let's not start saying "Justin Bieber is so gay! Zac Efron is so gay! Vanessa Hudgens is totally gay!"
First of all, "gay" depends on the context in which you use it in. When someone calls someone they dislike "gay" or a "faggot" or a "fruit," it's understood to anyone with half a brain that this does NOT always necessarily imply actual homosexuality. It's a way to demean someone and to to make them feel emasculated. It's to be used in the same manner as saying "fuck you."

I'm sick of politically correct people like you who are trying so hard to police people into only being able to say or not say certain things. The entire point of free speech (which you clearly do not believe in) is that ALL SPEECH is protected. This includes hate speech, pro-nazi speech and anything that most people, myself included, would not like. The reason why it's important that ALL SPEECH be protected is because - well think of it this way: If the majority of people decided that X should never be said (X being an open variable) then it makes it that much easier for them to declare that you also can't say Y, Z and so forth. In order for free speech to exist, all forms of speech must be protected, no matter how much it upsets others.

Tags
justin bieber