Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 09-19-2007, 06:37 PM
Administrator

lefty12357 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooney View Post
There was never any evidence 50/60 was going to be the first single. It simply was leaked widely enough that people assumed it.

-There was never any evidence 50/60 was going to be a single at all. It simply is leaked widely enough that people assume it.

-The MJ that has been leaked may not be a final version (personally, I'm betting it isn't), and people are whining about a song that isn't complete.

-It's not a matter of "blindly accepting" what we are told in a press release. It's a matter of accepting the fact that by the time a press release comes out, there isn't a damn thing that can be done to change what song releases first. By the time that release came out, do you have any idea how much background work had to have been done, and how much money invested, in prepping that single?

-How insulting and arrogant is it to pretend that we, as a small group of hardcore fans, are more relevant and knowledgable about the intended market than the well-oiled market research and publicity machine of one of the world's biggest music companies? We are not the target audience, as we will follow along no matter what. It's the non-hardcore folks they worry most about. If you took all the regular posters from all the major Alizée fan forums on the net, we'd represent barely a fraction of a single percentage point of hoped-for sales on something like this.

Alizée has grown up. Time for the whiners to do so. This complaining immature, it's jejune, and it's insulting. There's a difference between expressing a preference, and what we're seeing.
I pretty much agree with this. We have no evidence that 50/60 was even considered as the first single, or any single. MJ was probably one of a number of songs that were included in the decision making process many, many months ago. MJ might not have even been the front runner at first, but regardless, MJ was chosen. I have faith in the decisions of Alizée and her team. Knowing Alizée, she stood up for what she wanted. There’s no sense in whining about it, it’s a done deal. However, I really don’t see much whining about this issue on this particular site.

As Cooney said it takes a lot of background work, so don’t be surprised if a second single has already been chosen as well, and is well on its way to being ready for release.

I’d be happy with any choice they made and I’m just anxious for it to get on the air and in the stores.

I’m not going to comment on the well-oiled market research people from the record companies other than to say that I listen to the radio and I’ve seen the industry reports. My faith is in Alizée.

And you're right about another thing Cooney, I'm a hardcore fan and I'm already sold on her new music.
Old 09-19-2007, 08:49 PM
Ultimate Member

WindReaver is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by lefty12357 View Post
I pretty much agree with this. We have no evidence that 50/60 was even considered as the first single, or any single. MJ was probably one of a number of songs that were included in the decision making process many, many months ago. MJ might not have even been the front runner at first, but regardless, MJ was chosen. I have faith in the decisions of Alizée and her team. Knowing Alizée, she stood up for what she wanted. There’s no sense in whining about it, it’s a done deal. However, I really don’t see much whining about this issue on this particular site.
No, no. This is not about anyone on here. We are talking about the people in Mexico and South America that have gone up to her label's website and are calling her a "bitch" and telling her she is going to fail and go bankrupt if she releases MJ as the single while demanding she release 50/60 instead.

We are trying to figure out WHY they are having such a problem with the song. Is it some type of cultural difference? Does Juliette mean some nasty slang term down there? Is the word "coca" in the lyrics the problem? It would be nice if one of our Spanish speaking members could take a visit over to the Mexico fansite and see what the story is on this.

The reaction they are having is a bit overboard for just a general dislike of the song. There has to be more going on here than we are aware of.
Old 09-19-2007, 09:03 PM
I'm not 20.

Zack -Alizee Lover- is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by WindReaver View Post
No, no. This is not about anyone on here. We are talking about the people in Mexico and South America that have gone up to her label's website and are calling her a "bitch"
Mind showing me a link?
Old 09-19-2007, 09:04 PM
Administrator

lefty12357 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
No, no. This is not about anyone on here. We are talking about the people in Mexico and South America that have gone up to her label's website and are calling her a "bitch" and telling her she is going to fail and go bankrupt if she releases MJ as the single while demanding she release 50/60 instead.

We are trying to figure out WHY they are having such a problem with the song. Is it some type of cultural difference? Does Juliette mean some nasty slang term down there? Is the word "coca" in the lyrics the problem? It would be nice if one of our Spanish speaking members could take a visit over to the Mexico fansite and see what the story is on this.

The reaction they are having is a bit overboard for just a general dislike of the song. There has to be more going on here than we are aware of.
Yes, I realized that. I was just pointing out that I thought we were being rather well behaved on this site in contrast to some other people out there. I wasn't assuming the criticism was directed at us here.
Old 09-19-2007, 09:24 PM
I'm not 20.

Zack -Alizee Lover- is on a distinguished road

Someone posted they are going to sell "Phsydelices" [or how ever you write it] is going to be in stores the "26 of November". That's what this guy is claiming [i think he works in Sony,many ppl from the forum work in different music companies].

More info[but i doubt u will understand]
http://www.alizee-mexico.com.mx/foro...p?topic=4885.0

I also saw they were talking about 3 different versions of Mademoiselle Juliette.

Which are
1.Mademoiselle Juliette 3:20[minutes]
2. Mademoiselle Juliette Version Instrumentale 3:20[minutes]
3. The Julietta Remix by Hervé Miguet 9:18[minutes]

They got this info from this website
http://touch-alizee.forumpro.fr/port...icle=123&pid=1

And this website says their source is AFC Forum.
Old 09-19-2007, 09:38 PM
Banned

RMJ is on a distinguished road

The source for those 3 tracks is CIF. Or actually, they got it from some Mylène forum...

But it's most likely fake info.
Old 09-19-2007, 11:40 PM
Ultimate Member

WindReaver is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zack -Alizee Lover- View Post
Mind showing me a link?
http://www.rcamusic.fr/news/70

I looked through the comments again and did not see that one. looks like they are moderating them now and cleaned them up a bit.
Old 09-21-2007, 12:08 AM
Alizée's FireFighter

Youpidou1 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zack -Alizee Lover- View Post
Someone posted they are going to sell "Phsydelices" [or how ever you write it] is going to be in stores the "26 of November". That's what this guy is claiming [i think he works in Sony,many ppl from the forum work in different music companies].

More info[but i doubt u will understand]
http://www.alizee-mexico.com.mx/foro...p?topic=4885.0

I also saw they were talking about 3 different versions of Mademoiselle Juliette.

Which are
1.Mademoiselle Juliette 3:20[minutes]
2. Mademoiselle Juliette Version Instrumentale 3:20[minutes]
3. The Julietta Remix by Hervé Miguet 9:18[minutes]

They got this info from this website
http://touch-alizee.forumpro.fr/port...icle=123&pid=1

And this website says their source is AFC Forum.
This is fact or rumor? We have waited to long for this day I think we all are a little antsy now. Well I am.
Old 09-21-2007, 01:25 AM
gone with the geostrophic

heyamigo is on a distinguished road

wow that's a really long remix, over 9 minutes!
Old 09-21-2007, 01:36 AM
Lili's servant

vctralca is on a distinguished road

Quote:
http://www.rcamusic.fr/news/70

I looked through the comments again and did not see that one. looks like they are moderating them now and cleaned them up a bit.

I never read "bitch" (not even something against Alizée) in any post , but yeah some1 had the great idea of posting and telling Alizée's staff to change the new upcoming single,then some people were following this guy, but its over i think . . .

Last edited by vctralca; 09-21-2007 at 01:39 AM..