Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Other Subjects > Off Topic

Old 08-12-2010, 09:13 PM
Mňau ^_^

Fèvier is on a distinguished road
Default Random facts!!!!!

yes, I did it. I created the random facts thread
post any random fact you come across! lets see how many pages we get up to!
here I'll start:

-If you yelled for 8 years, 7 months and 6 days you would produce enough sound energy to heat one cup of coffee.

-Banging your head against a wall uses 150 calories an hour.

-The phrase “rule of thumb” is derived from an old English law which stated that you couldn’t beat your wife with anything wider than your thumb.

-Termites eat wood twice as fast when listening to heavy metal music.

-Guinness Book Of Records holds the record for being the book most stolen from Public Libraries.

GO GO GO!!!!!!!!!!

Old 08-12-2010, 09:47 PM
Founder: 5,060 club.

wasabi622 is on a distinguished road

-As they so often say in movies "over and out" is a contradiction. Over implies that you are done speaking and are awaiting a reply. Out implies that you are done speaking, and communication is to cease.

Old 08-12-2010, 10:52 PM
Ethical

DrSmith is on a distinguished road

-Frankenstein's monster is called Adam

-The shark from Jaws is called Bruce
Old 08-12-2010, 11:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrSmith View Post
-Frankenstein's monster is called Adam
You sure about that? Because I read Mary Shelley's Frankenstein for AP English, and the monster was always referred to as the "creature".

Old 08-12-2010, 11:15 PM
A Contre Courant...

Rictor is on a distinguished road

The creature is nameless. Usually people think "Frankenstein" was the creature while the doctor actually had that name. And definitely never heard of the creature being referred to as "Adam" before either. Not in the book or in the movies I've seen related to this. Although I guess it's possible somewhere down the line they made a Frankenstein movie where they might have referred to the creature as Adam. It's news to me though. Still think the creature was nameless.
Old 08-12-2010, 11:21 PM
Ethical

DrSmith is on a distinguished road

This is what I found on Google:
Quote:
Originally Posted by http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/Frankenstein
No Name Given: The monster doesn't have a name, though Shelley apparently called him "Adam" in letters to friends.
I also heard (I can't remember where) that the monster is called Adam in reference to the first man created in the Bible.
Old 08-12-2010, 11:23 PM
A Contre Courant...

haha letters to friends! that's why it was never well known to anyone. so bottom line, the monster is still nameless as far as the actual literary work is concerned.
Old 08-12-2010, 11:31 PM
Recline yourself

user472884 is on a distinguished road

- I have the ability to vibrate my eyes
- "eco-friendly" water bottles SUCK!
- Disneyland receives all it's sodas and drinks for free. Why? Disney gets their Coke products for free as long as they serve them exclusively.
- If you've ever bought a drink (cup, not bottle) at Disneyland, it didn't technically come the 'machine', it was piped to that location. This is done so that there will never be an instance where a restaurant in the park will run out of a drink. (it also guarantees consistency, we've all gotten that soda at McDonalds that wasn't made quite right)
- Club 33 is the only location in Disneyland where alcohol and 2-ply toilet paper are available (all for the low price of a $10k annual membership, assuming you get accepted after waiting years on their waiting list)
- Chuck Norris, is.
- Humans have an equal, if not greater number of hairs on our bodies. Ours are just smaller and lighter (just look at your face closely in the mirror)
- The only alphanumeric thing I've ever memorized is my wifi password (d57e4a543e9207d295d95a7376)
- Having sex at least weekly reduces the risk of heart disease, stroke, and diabetes by about 50%
- Every US president (dunno about Obama) has worn glasses
- There are more airports in the US than anywhere else in the world
- A blue whale's tongue weighs more than an elephant
Old 08-12-2010, 11:43 PM
A Contre Courant...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jalen View Post
- I have the ability to vibrate my eyes
- "eco-friendly" water bottles SUCK!
- Disneyland receives all it's sodas and drinks for free. Why? Disney gets their Coke products for free as long as they serve them exclusively.
- If you've ever bought a drink (cup, not bottle) at Disneyland, it didn't technically come the 'machine', it was piped to that location. This is done so that there will never be an instance where a restaurant in the park will run out of a drink. (it also guarantees consistency, we've all gotten that soda at McDonalds that wasn't made quite right)
- Club 33 is the only location in Disneyland where alcohol and 2-ply toilet paper are available (all for the low price of a $10k annual membership, assuming you get accepted after waiting years on their waiting list)
- Chuck Norris, is.
- Humans have an equal, if not greater number of hairs on our bodies. Ours are just smaller and lighter (just look at your face closely in the mirror)
- The only alphanumeric thing I've ever memorized is my wifi password (d57e4a543e9207d295d95a7376)
- Having sex at least weekly reduces the risk of heart disease, stroke, and diabetes by about 50%
- Every US president (dunno about Obama) has worn glasses
- There are more airports in the US than anywhere else in the world
- A blue whale's tongue weighs more than an elephant
Jalen is like the "Snapple bottle cap" of AAM.

Ditto on the McDonald's thing. Wait but do you mean the regular soda? Because I get that with the diet - the inconsistency. Sometimes it tastes really strange. Like a weird kind of sweet. It's hard to describe.

And....I remember this from my early years as a child: I always felt like I had to take a dump RIGHT AFTER eating a meal at McDonald's. Does anyone or has anyone ever gotten this? I haven't eaten there in a while so I'm curious.

Wait so JFK wore glasses? Man I didn't know that.
Old 08-12-2010, 11:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rictor View Post
Jalen is like the "Snapple bottle cap" of AAM.

Ditto on the McDonald's thing. Wait but do you mean the regular soda? Because I get that with the diet - the inconsistency. Sometimes it tastes really strange. Like a weird kind of sweet. It's hard to describe.

And....I remember this from my early years as a child: I always felt like I had to take a dump RIGHT AFTER eating a meal at McDonald's. Does anyone or has anyone ever gotten this? I haven't eaten there in a while so I'm curious.

Wait so JFK wore glasses? Man I didn't know that.
That's because the syrup and carbonation wasn't done properly. Most likely that the syrup was running low.

That would happen at the theater and we'd get yelled at to go switch out the soda syrup. (which sucked because they were surprisingly heavy as hell!)

Tags
random facts