Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 05-09-2011, 03:52 AM

Monro is on a distinguished road
Default Searching for Alizee

Some may think this posting is not about Alizee but I believe it is. So here goes!

For those of you who don’t know already, I’m going to show you how to quickly and easily search a specific website (any website you choose) for anything related to Alizee. Of course, you can also use this same trick to search any specific website for any specific subject you choose, that’s why some may say this is not specifically about Alizee.

Using this trick you can quickly and easily locate and read your Alizee related articles while cutting down on all the noise and unrelated articles that you usually have to sift through.

(SIDENOTE: the freely available Google Toolbar includes a language translator that works great! When you get to a foreign language website (French) it will ask you if you want the website translated. It works great.)

For example:

If you go to Google and type the search term, “Alizee” you’ll get loads of articles, articles about our Alizee, some about Alizee Poulicek, Alizee Paradis, etc. But you want to narrow the search to just our Angel Alizee on the website TF1.FR (tf1.fr is used in this example.. but it could be any website.)

To do this use the following format in the Google search box:

Alizee site:tf1.fr

Please note the "s" is NOT capitalized! If you capitalize it, it won't work.

Type the name of the search subject/term first, “Alizee” then a space, then type “site:domain name”. Please note that there is no space between the colon and the domain name and that there is NO www.

Now.. if you wanted to search CNN.com for Alizee related material but Alizee Poulicek kept coming up you could tell Google to search CNN.com for the term Alizee but LEAVE OUT anything listed with Alizee Poulicek. You do this by putting a minus sign right before the term Poulicek. No spaces between the minus sign and Poulicek.

Example:

To search CNN.com for the term Alizee but leave out anything with Poulicek in it, type the following in the Google search window:

alizee site:cnn.com -poulicek

Please note the space between the .com and -poulicek. And if you also wanted the search results with Alizee Paradis not to show up you’d type the following:

alizee site:cnn.com -poulicek -paradis

You can even have Google search this site for specific postings.

For example: search for my postings:

monro site:alizeeamerica.com

TRY IT! You'll find this search trick very handy and useful.

Last edited by Monro; 05-10-2011 at 03:14 AM.. Reason: Clarification
Old 05-10-2011, 09:57 AM
Favorite: JEAMizée

User22 is on a distinguished road

I am in debt to you my good friend! Knowing this trick going into college = AWESOME
Old 05-10-2011, 02:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaronius31 View Post
I am in debt to you my good friend! Knowing this trick going into college = AWESOME
Well, since you’re taking this little trick to college to help with your studies you may need to add one more piece to the puzzle to make your searching a little more targeted. Let me explain now.

For example:

Say you want to search a specific site for things about or related to Alizee (or some other search term.. but we’re using Alizee in this example). Here’s a potential problem.

Using the search: Alizee site:cnn.com -poulicek –paradis will indeed find specific articles on a specific website listing Alizee stuff and should also eliminate search results with Alizee Poulicek and Alizee Paradis in them. But.. other types of Alizee listings may show up. There may be 100s of other girls named Alizee that show up also and you can’t minus all of them out (this doesn’t happen for Alizee but can happen when searching for other things). So you’ve decided that you want to target your search term more exactly.

Using the search: Alizee Jacotey site:cnn.com -poulicek –paradis will indeed search a specific site for any articles with the term Alizee in them and will also find any articles with the term Jacotey in them, although, there may be 1000’s of articles with Jacotey listed that have absolutely nothing to do with Alizee Jacotey. You can get more targeted search results by using the “exact phrase” filter. That means using the quotes around your search term, which tells Google you want to find an exact phrase.

For example:

Using the search: “Alizee Jacotey” site:cnn.com -poulicek –paradis will search for the EXACT phrase Alizee Jacotey (not Alizee) on CNN.com and will leave out articles with Alizee Poulicek and Alizee Paradis. The only articles that should show up should list the exact phrase Alizee Jacotey.. and.. those listed articles shouldn’t contain Poulicek or Paradis.

Now, of course, CNN.com really doesn’t have anything listed about our Alizee nor does Alizee use her full name (Alizee Jacotey) for her business so don’t search for that particular exact phrase or your Alizee articles will be limited. I used her full name as an example on how to target/pinpoint better searches.

* A good search for Alizee on TF1 in France is: Alizee site:tf1.fr -renault

Renault is a car, I see it show up on eBay.fr when I search for Alizee but it also shows up (a lot sometimes) on regular Alizee searches.

When I search for my own name: firstname lastname site:cnn.com I got thousands of results. But when I used “exact phrase” in combination with site search: “firstname lastname” site:cnn.com the results were drastically reduced. So, by shaping your searches queries you can drastically expand or reduce the number of results you see in Google and quickly find what you're looking for.

Hope this helps and wasn’t too confusing. Good luck in your studies.

Last edited by Monro; 05-13-2011 at 03:28 AM..
Old 05-11-2011, 03:21 AM

For those of you who don't already know, here is a fun way to search for Alizee.

Go to: http://www.spezify.com and type in Alizee and see what happens. Don't forget to let it finish scanning the web, you can tell by the little blue bar at the top of the page. It's scanning over Alizee's name.

Also, for those who want to know when new things come out about Alizee you can use Google Alerts. Just type Alizee in the "Search Terms" box then select how often you want Google to notify you by email (with links to the new sites, new information, etc). I'm not sure if you have to have a Gmail account or not.

Here's the link: http://www.google.com/alerts

Oh, yes.. when searching for Alizee and related material don't forget to use the Google "Wonder Wheel" and the Google "Timeline".. they're very cool and informative.

To find the Google Wonder Wheel and Timeline do the following:

1.) Go to the normal basic Google search page (google.com)

2.) Type Alizee in the search box and push your Enter Key (the search results will appear).

3.) On the left side of the page, under the "ALL RESULTS" section click“More Search Tools”.

4.) Now you will see both the Wonder Wheel and Timeline links. Click either of them, they both
use graphics and you can click the graphics for more specifics.

Last edited by Monro; 05-11-2011 at 04:27 PM.. Reason: Location of Wonder Wheel and Timeline
Old 05-11-2011, 09:32 AM
Favorite: JEAMizée

User22 is on a distinguished road

woh thanks for the tips!!!
Old 05-12-2011, 09:43 PM
Bring me the Trade Wind! =D

Uroboros is on a distinguished road

Wow! That's too cool, man!
I've always tried to find anything Alizée-related in some sites here, now I know how!
And this Google Alerts stuff is going to come in handy!
Thanks a lot for the tips, partner!
Old 05-14-2011, 11:47 PM

ferb96 is on a distinguished road

Wow thanks a lot Monro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monro View Post
Go to: http://www.spezify.com and type in Alizee and see what happens.
This spezify thinggy is so cool man. It even shows one of my tweets on twitter ^^ and some post on our forum