Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 08-08-2012, 09:36 AM
Take me to Lilly Town

Taxi Driver Aaron is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panther View Post
I agree with this.

Of course I understand the sentiment in the thread title but I prefer to see Alizee's career as 'evolving' rather than simply taking a nose-dive following the marriage and the split with MF/LB. We can all speculate as to the reasons for that turning point and I'm sure we all have our preferred version of events. I have mine, I'm happy with it, and everything I've seen or read about her since that time has only served to confirm it. I may be deluded but I'm happy. Ergo, thinking about Alizee makes me happy.
I, too, agree that nothing went wrong as the title suggests. That's another thing I agree with... when someone evolves or makes career decisions it doesn't mean something went wrong simply because you didn't like it. Some people act as if they represent the entire fan base as Alizée's critic; like something is bad or wrong because they didn't like it.... I like all of Alizée's music and I don't think anything is wrong with it. Just because she didn't go diamond doesn't mean shes a failure.

Old 08-08-2012, 12:13 PM

Euphoria is on a distinguished road

Well, some of us prefer to be realistic rather than idealistic. To be honest, the title was more of an attention grabber, but I had a response to what Scruffy said.

Edit:

Also, it's not speculation. I won't be giving out anymore of my info though, because it's not appreciated. I could give a lot more details, but what I've given so far isn't even really deserved.

Last edited by Euphoria; 08-08-2012 at 12:14 PM.. Reason: Automerged Doubleposts
Old 08-08-2012, 01:12 PM

vivealizee is on a distinguished road

There are many pop singers who were 1-2 hit wonders, one of them is Alizée... wonder if other one hit wonders also have forums and fanbases.. hmm...
She was 16-18, MF made profit with her and for her, when she was older she had no use for her so the cooperation ended. That's it.

I just wonder why not the whole world fell in love with her forever.. how can someone see the face at that time say "meh... she looks good"..
How can you forget her?
Old 08-08-2012, 01:17 PM
<Love that girl still!!! forever my coco

VVVACCPLPNLY is on a distinguished road

god euphoria, i dont necessarrily agree or disagree with aaron in what... umm... she, right? i think? what they said about you. but... by saying what you just did, i mean, come on, you're just playing into peoples' hands. i mean,
Quote:
Originally Posted by Euphoria
Also, it's not speculation. I won't be giving out anymore of my info though, because it's not appreciated. I could give a lot more details, but what I've given so far isn't even really deserved.
come one. i'm not doubting you or anything, just, you aren't making a strong case for yourself.

as for my actual opinion on this thread, well, i believe NOTHING has gone wrong with her career, per se. she is going through a strange (but not inherently bad) personal phase that i dont agree with or like (but i dont have to). and, i honestly dont like her newest single. but then, many artists have phases and songs i dont like, even if i generally approve of them. take for instance linkin park. ugh, the emo-chester only days, UGH. hated it. but the rest of linkin park, hell yeah. doesnt mean they had problems in their career cause they made 1 sucktastic song. yeah, they're still not back to what i like, but they may never be. same for alizee. i dont like it, but it will sit right with me eventually.

now, if you wanna see artists having trouble in their career, just go to google and type in ryu hwayoung, t-ara, or core contents media. yeah. try that. lol
Old 08-08-2012, 01:30 PM
For me... formidable

SpanishFan is on a distinguished road

I agree. Apart from stop selling albums, stopping to appear in all the european t.v. channels, and not being able to go on tour and perform in front of the crowds anymore, nothing went wrong in her career.
Old 08-08-2012, 01:51 PM

Euphoria is on a distinguished road

Something definitely went wrong in her career. No, she doesn't have to be a mega superstar to be considered successful, but let's face it, Psychedelices would have been a flop if it weren't for Mexico. In fact, I think it would be better if she did more low key stuff, sticking to small venues and such. Yes, her personal life did have something to do with her career issues, but you can't blame that entirely. Jeremy has maintained a very successful career behind the scenes, and he was the other half of that relationship.
Old 08-08-2012, 01:51 PM

Panther is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Euphoria View Post
Well, some of us prefer to be realistic rather than idealistic. To be honest, the title was more of an attention grabber, but I had a response to what Scruffy said.

Edit:

Well I think my own version of events is very realistic, and it is consistent with the material that you posted in the first screen shot, but I use the word 'speculation' because unless or until I hear it from her personally there has to remain an element of doubt. That's just how I roll. But I would add that I came to these conclusions independently by analysing the basic facts: ie a sudden and dramatic departure from her mentors during a commercially successful period and the simultanious marriage, her whole demaenour during her performances at various times before that point, the nature of Mylene's career and her performances and Alizee's subsequent image and performances, style of dress etc after 2004.
Old 08-08-2012, 01:53 PM

vivealizee is on a distinguished road

It happends to sooo many "stars"...
You could foresee it when she had success that it wouldn't be forever.. there are so many c-lebrities, Alizée is clearly one of them.
Old 08-08-2012, 01:58 PM

ptjmwa is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Euphoria View Post
Something definitely went wrong in her career. No, she doesn't have to be a mega superstar to be considered successful, but let's face it, Psychedelices would have been a flop if it weren't for Mexico. In fact, I think it would be better if she did more low key stuff, sticking to small venues and such. Yes, her personal life did have something to do with her career issues, but you can't blame that entirely. Jeremy has maintained a very successful career behind the scenes, and he was the other half of that relationship.
Even in Mexico she's not as popular as you guys like to think. She's known in Mexico city and a few other places, but she's not well known nationally.
Old 08-08-2012, 02:49 PM
Dream always and all ways.

Azhiri is on a distinguished road

It all makes sense to me. How hard is it to believe that there are in fact people here who are personally connected with Alizee? She isn't THAT famous and seems more accessible, especially these days, than huge stars. Now, if someone had posted this exact thing about somebody like Katy Perry or Rihanna, I'd be less inclined to believe them, but it's not like Alizee is so elevated into the celeb life that she has no friends or connections to the real world.

Besides, even if you choose to believe it's all made up, their guess is as good as ours since none of us know her personally either, and for that reason it's pretty hypocritical to criticize and tell other people that they're wrong. None of you can say anything that should get more respect or credibility than anyone else because we're all in the same boat in terms of actually having any "behind-the-scenes" info.

Also, I guess thinking something went wrong in her career is subjective, but personally I think something DID go wrong. She's basically gone into obscurity at this point. The only people who really know or follow her are her core fanbase who have been in it from the beginning.

While I'm still a fan, I believe that the only reason she became successful was because MF picked her up and gave her a costume to step into. The MF-LB Alizee was all an act, she was told how to behave during interviews, what to say or not say, how to perform. It was a very meticulously crafted image. Alizee just gave it a face and a voice. It could have been anyone, it just happened to be Alizee Jacotey. Now that it's over, I don't think "just Alizee" has the drive or personality to become a success again. She's beautiful, yes, but there are a lot of beautiful people in this world. She is basically a model, she can do very well for herself, but only if someone gives her an outfit to wear and calls all the shots for her, including directing her behavior.

"In any case, being sexy includes being natural. Anything can be sexy, except vulgarity." - Alizée