Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 10-20-2015, 06:16 PM

ALS is on a distinguished road

Everyone already knew they were looking at opening a dance studio, it was that they're going to specialize with the teaching of children.
Old 10-20-2015, 09:20 PM

DannyMac524 is on a distinguished road

I really don't see here ever moving too far away from Joe her father. I think there is a very tight family bond especially for Annily. I think Lilly relies on her dad. I think he has been her support system during the divorce.
Old 10-21-2015, 09:28 AM

Shepherd is on a distinguished road

[QUOTE=Scruffydog777;254543]I was very disappointed reading the translation for the Zig-Zag radio show. It looks like at this time there is nothing in the works at this point for a new album.

I don't think Alizee is giving a new album serious consideration. She might have even given up on her singing career. An album would consume a lot of her time, and I'm sure she would have difficulty attracting investment after the dismal performance of the last album. Finding music that she could sell is also a major problem. Alizee could take a lesson from Linda Rondstedt who also experienced a depression in her career. Alizee needs to work on her voice. She has to rebuild her singing career--not from the bottom but close to it. Alizee could get a band and work with them to develop some unique music suitable to her personality that could be tried out in clubs and occasional TV spots. If these received a good reception that demonstrated the existence of a market for her music then she could go for an album. This route would take two or three years, if it succeeded at all. She can no longer count on attracting a teen audience turned on by her sex appeal. She has to shoot for a more serious audience. It's not going to be easy. I'm not confidant Alizee would even want to try this. She would have to spend considerable time on the road, taking her away from Gregoire, Ajaccio, and her family. I have a hard time seeing her do that. She very likely would not consider the sacrifice of her life worth such a career. For this reason, I am not optimistic about her singing career. She does have the advantage that she is a well known star in France and there are a lot of people who do like her person. Now she just has to find the right music.
Old 10-21-2015, 10:05 PM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

Well I try to be realistic. I think she has everything she wants in her life and is financially secure so if another album didn't happen, it wouldn't matter that much to her. But she just went through a very busy "career" period in her life and is probably very happy for the respite of inactivity ( except for Mary-Do) her recent weeks have provided her.

But now there is stuff on the horizon for Gregoire and nothing for her and I'm sure she really notices that. Remember though it was said in a kidding way, she was just the partenaire? So I think she will get a little antsy not being noticed anymore, while Greg is on the big stage and as I mentioned before, Les Enfoires is coming up. If and that's a big if, she participates, I do think the seeds for a an idea of a new album will be planted.

I think that's what all of us want, is another album. So don't give up hope yet. If she doesn't participate in LE, she lives in Corsica which is not a place where she's going to rub elbows with singers, musicians and producers and nothing will develop, but Les Enfoires this January is in Paris!!!! We couldn't ask for a better place for it to be for her again to rub elbows with people who matter in the industry. Hang in there. If she doesn't participate in LE, I think then, I will lose a lot of hope too. But right now, I'm very optimistic!

Old 10-22-2015, 12:10 AM

Rev is on a distinguished road

I too get the biggest kick out of that moment.
Old 10-22-2015, 08:35 PM
Last Fan Standing

Ray4AJ is on a distinguished road

I see that Gregoire now says he will be on the DALS6 television program, performing in the group dances, in addition to doing the same thing on the traveling show.

Will Alizée go along also to hang out with her friends?
Old 10-22-2015, 08:58 PM

Shepherd is on a distinguished road

From what little I see of French TV, it appears if a person can make it to stardom, they will always be a star in France, and will always be welcomed as a guest. I don't think Alizee needs to worry about making a comfortable living for decades to come. My impression is that she's enjoying herself now. It's her fans who are impatient with her absence. It's possible that after a few years on the sidelines, she'll get the bug to cut another album. Hopefully that won't be too late.