Old 06-06-2008, 12:42 AM
Podcastress

ciarac77 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbailey View Post
i don't like your tone in this post
fix it!

Complaining about this doesn't make much sense
it's like me going to a Brad Pitt fan forum and telling all the girls to stop demanding for Brad Pitt take off his shirt
i would just get blank stares

and that it's derogatory for them to ask for Brad Pitt to take off his shirt
Well, I thought we had a truce or something, but you started it by commenting first, so yeah, if you say something that deserves a tone, you'll get a tone. And that Brad Pitt thing is just silly. They should all just look at all the old pictures of him with his shirt off and shut up about it. How hard is that, hmm?

And also, I was drunk when I posted that last thing, so whereas I may have been defending something that isn't in itself a big deal, I really just want people to quit calling them "pregnancy dresses." Besides that, I don't really care what you guys think so sorry to get anyone in a huff. No hard feelings, Roman
Old 06-06-2008, 12:54 AM
Faded into Gray

TheBarrett is on a distinguished road

I'm just glad she's back from hiatus.
Old 06-06-2008, 03:08 PM

Roman is on a distinguished road

Ok. Well, just a comment on looking at old pictures. I really like old pictures and whatever of Alizée, but as much of a work of art as she may be, she's also a living person, looking great and in the public now, so ... that's what I want to enjoy. We all want everything from the ones we admire now, not just remember about how they used to be. Need to go find more photos of her at that concert yesterday and tv show today...

Merci Fanny
Old 06-06-2008, 05:07 PM
Allez L'OM!

aditya8617 is on a distinguished road

I just like whatever she throws at me (I am imagining you guys don't exist ). I really love her in that curly hair and as far the dresses go I like her in all her outfits. She looks different in all of them.
Old 06-06-2008, 07:53 PM

tbailey is on a distinguished road

i probably shouldn't complain
Alizee is hot in just about anything
Old 06-06-2008, 08:31 PM

painbringer is on a distinguished road

alizee needs to go back to M. farmer and collaborate again

thats how she became an internet sensation, thats how most people (me included)found out about alizee
Old 06-06-2008, 08:35 PM
Fan number 1 in Brazil!

Nicolas is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbailey View Post
i probably shouldn't complain
Alizee is hot in just about anything

Agreed 100%... She's Lilly wearing boxers, she's Lilly wearing bikinis and surelly she's Lilly wearing baggy dresses.... It's her style, it's the way she likes to dress... I'm happy of her being happy man!

Made by the fairy Amélie! Thanks a lot!
Old 06-06-2008, 08:41 PM
You must recover!

Neiteio is on a distinguished road

It's unfortunately true -- double standards between men and women in society have given men a relaxed etiquette when it comes to telling women what they want (read: T&A).

HOWEVER, I'd like to draw a distinction here by pointing out that the pro-tight-clothes conclave is NOT trying to make Alizée into a sex icon. As I've repeatedly said, tighter clothes simply look cooler onstage. I've always regarded the JEAM outfit, for instance, as something cool rather than, uh, boner-inducing.

In fact, the only Alizée outfit to make me go "wowzers in the trousers" was the Lolita jacket -- and that's NOT what I'm asking for, although something similarly unique would be welcome. (We can do without the exposed booty nowadays, but the fur trim and color scheme were inspired).

The simple fact of the matter is, right now these pregnancy gowns hide her waist. And, as is clear from the Love is All performance, she has no reason to hide her waist. Why is the waist so important? Isn't this all a waste of time? (Ohoho).

Cinching the clothes at the waist creates a slimming effect that's SLEEK and DYNAMIC -- hopefully like the music she's performing. If her figure is defined it creates a more kinetic presence, which infuses her performances with more energy, more charm. It's one of the reasons I think the Love is All performance worked so well.

The other thing to change, aside from a switch to tighter clothes, is her heels. She needs to return to shoes with shorter heels, like she wore on the first two album. The heels she's using now look ridiculous. They inhibit her movement and make her seem oddly fidgety when she moves onstage. I'd really like to see her return to the boots of yesteryear. The boots she wore in the JPVA performance were particularly cute.

That's my two cents.
Old 06-06-2008, 08:50 PM
Century Child

Ben is on a distinguished road

Old 06-06-2008, 08:56 PM
You must recover!

Neiteio is on a distinguished road

Okay Mr. Smartypants, I saw these pics of her insanely hot form-fitting look in the other thread and commented on them already, so neener neener neener.

But seriously, this is what I'm talking about. Sleek and sophisticated, cute and classy. And judging from some of the pics in the other thread, it looks like she wasn't shying away from the camera, either. Nice!

I also wasn't asking for any cleavage, but hey... If she wants to, I guess I'll rough it out.

Amazing what a difference a belt and (seemingly) shorter heels make. Speaking of heels, she still needs some color coordination between dress and shoes, but hell, the rest is so good it's like complaining about flyspecks on the dome of the Sistene Chapel.

Last edited by Neiteio; 06-06-2008 at 08:59 PM..