Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 10-31-2019, 10:10 AM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

I posted Vadim a message in FB's messenger. I urged him to keep going at least into the early part of next year. If something is to materialize out of what all is going on, I feel it has to happen by then. Time is running out for her. I strongly feel if nothing materializes with Mylene by then, then nothing will materialize at all. It will be time to stop kidding ourselves.
Old 10-31-2019, 12:39 PM
Administrator

CleverCowboy is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scruffydog777 View Post
I posted Vadim a message in FB's messenger. I urged him to keep going at least into the early part of next year. If something is to materialize out of what all is going on, I feel it has to happen by then. Time is running out for her. I strongly feel if nothing materializes with Mylene by then, then nothing will materialize at all. It will be time to stop kidding ourselves.
I think some time has to be allowed for Alizee to concentrate on the new member of the family, but she cannot afford to be dormant professionally for too long if she wants to do something beyond owning a dance school.

Things are lining up in her favor for some kind of musical comeback if she wants it. First, Mylene is no spring chicken at this point. She probably has a library of music that she has not released and may not ever release due to the lack of time and energy.

When looking at Mylene's discography, Boutonnat hasn't been writing any of her music for quite some time. Julia's songs have been written by both MF and LB, so if Julia had selected songs to sing similar to the way Alizee did, the arrangements might have existed for quite some time. This might be why SEXTO seems so dated... because it is.

There is also a hopeful expectation of Alizee releasing an album. She still has a very large following, and if I was to make a guess, any kind of album by Alizee would go at least gold.
Old 10-31-2019, 03:43 PM

Shepherd is on a distinguished road

Alizee's career is over. She might do an occasional dancing gig at a small venue or a celebrity appearance at some charity, but not much more. I don't expect to see her sing again. The party is over.
Old 10-31-2019, 07:57 PM

Mr Coucou is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by CleverCowboy View Post
I can understand the level of effort going into producing one tribute video, let alone numerous ones. I don't quite understand the entirety of what he is saying, especially the part about being deprived of support.
When he says "deprived of support", maybe he means that he's getting less income from his videos than he did in the past? (I offer that as an alternative explanation, but I'm only guessing.)

Does Vadim get money from his channel? That one with 16 million views--- has he made money from that and if so how much money? I don't know how youtube works.

Edit:

Quote:
When looking at Mylene's discography, Boutonnat hasn't been writing any of her music for quite some time. Julia's songs have been written by both MF and LB, so if Julia had selected songs to sing similar to the way Alizee did, the arrangements might have existed for quite some time. This might be why SEXTO seems so dated... because it is.
Typically, songwriters lose the magic touch after their mid-40's. I think its the aging of the brain. Boudennat, born in 1961, is almost 60.

I think that Alizee, to her credit, picked the best stuff. The best stuff is gone.

Edit:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shepherd View Post
Alizee's career is over. She might do an occasional dancing gig at a small venue or a celebrity appearance at some charity, but not much more. I don't expect to see her sing again. The party is over.
Shepherd, you hit the nail on the head.

Edit:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scruffydog777 View Post
I posted Vadim a message in FB's messenger. I urged him to keep going at least into the early part of next year. If something is to materialize out of what all is going on, I feel it has to happen by then. Time is running out for her.
Vadim's "italo disco" format was a fantastic idea; those 16 million views (of that one video) speaks for itself. But at this point, it seems (to me) that he's just creating the same video over and over again. He needs to make a different kind of video.

I don't think that these tribute videos are going to encourage her. I bet she's never watched any of them.

Last edited by Mr Coucou; 10-31-2019 at 08:02 PM.. Reason: Automerged Doubleposts
Old 10-31-2019, 08:42 PM

Silencio is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Coucou View Post
Typically, songwriters lose the magic touch after their mid-40's. I think its the aging of the brain. Boudennat, born in 1961, is almost 60.

I think that Alizee, to her credit, picked the best stuff. The best stuff is gone.
Maybe you're right about Boutonnat (and Mylène too). But don't forget that there are other, no less talented composers and producers, still active. Such people exist even in France.

Quote:
I don't think that these tribute videos are going to encourage her. I bet she's never watched any of them.
No, she doesn't watch them. They are there to encourage people who may work with her.
Old 10-31-2019, 10:39 PM
Neutral Good

RedRafe is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Quote:
Shepherd, you hit the nail on the head.
I have to agree with both of the above…

It appears that the “little lady” has all that she “needs”, and “desires”…

Apparent “financial security”, “stability”, “love”, a great, loving, beautiful, talented family, with a bébé on the way, a “vocation” that she loves and is good at, good friends, and as much privacy as she wants…

“Riches” indeed…

Who really could ask for anything more…

Sounds like utter “Nirvana” to me, I’d swap lives any time…

I don’t really see any need, or requirement, there, for her to reengage her “musical career” in any kind of grand scale…

And “reading between the lines”, it does not really appear that she is making any real moves in that direction, at all, anyhow…

Hmm, and what “genre” or “niche” would she “belong to”, or “fulfill” anyhow, for most fans simply did not, and will not, allow her to evolve as a performer. They got “hooked” on the MF/LB era “Lolli” that “wiggled her bum a lot”, and when she tried to “move on”, “grow up” and “evolve” as an artiste, they simply weren’t having it, and deserted her…

The “MF/LB” “Lolita” thing has simultaneously been a “blessing” and a “curse” all of her career, for it is the “yardstick” that she is continually measured against, and the sad thing is that she is “not 20” anymore, and people just cannot accept or acknowledge that, and all of these goshdarn “tribute” videos do not help her cause, because of the sheer volume of stuff that they churn out…

Y’see, some people are not very perceptive, unfortunately, and, someone new to Alizée and her music could be forgiven for thinking that she is still a “tweenie” and “cuter than a whole damn boxful of buttons”, (well, she still is), due to all of the sheer utter volume of stuff that gives you that impression, and are not really willing to accept, or are not “bright enough” to figure out, that she is a happily married mother of two who is now a dancer…

They are only really interested in “Alizée Tweenie Wigglebum”, and not “Alizée Mother of Two Dancer”, so to speak…

From my point of view, unless, until, she can “ditch” the old image, and “restablish” herself anew, any attempt to start a new music career is doomed, YET AGAIN, because fans will inadvertently compare it to the past, and find it "wanting"…

We have to let her “move on”, “grow” and “evolve”, in whatever “direction” she wishes to take in life…

Personally, whatever she does, if she is “happy” and “secure” in life, then I am outrageously happy for her. She has “done her time”, she gets to be happy...

It’s all that I could, and will ever, wish for her…

Hmm, Vadim Sanderson and his “tribute tracks”…

A very gifted, very talented guy, anfd I like his stuff a lot…

The “Lillibug” is strong in this “one”…

He has got it sooo bad…

These two “tracks” say it all…

Specially the second one, which is almost like some sort of "funeral dirge"…

Italo-Disco & Alizée ♪ Boy Blue - GoodBye • New Radio Edit

Italo Disco | Boy Blue - Goodbye | Extended 2k18

Kind of says it all, doesn’t it…

Last edited by RedRafe; 10-31-2019 at 11:13 PM..
Old 11-01-2019, 08:07 AM
Administrator

Quote:
That is probably the safest mindset to have to keep from being disappointed. However, Alizee and Greg are at the age where most other people are starting to see the fruit of their hard work in their careers. It is hard to believe that they will be satisfied running a dance studio for the rest of their lives.

Dance lessons for kids is a luxury activity. All it takes is an economic downturn and when families start tightening their belts, this is the kind of stuff that end up on the chopping block. It's been a decade of growth in the world economy, but the debt bubble is bigger than what it was prior to The Great Recession. Actually Alizee released Psych the same month as the official start of The Great Recession. I'm sure it had some negative impact on her record sales and career in general. Putting all your eggs in one basket with the dance studio is not a sound economic plan.

The only goal that Alizee had set for herself and not achieved is acting, and I think she would excel at it.
Old 11-01-2019, 09:42 AM

Aragorn97 is on a distinguished road

Quote:

The only goal that Alizee had set for herself and not achieved is acting, and I think she would excel at it.
Really? Did she want to be an actress? I thought she accepted the role in that TV show just for fun
Old 11-01-2019, 09:56 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aragorn97 View Post
Really? Did she want to be an actress? I thought she accepted the role in that TV show just for fun
Here is one interview where she expresses interest in acting

https://youtu.be/NZTPGVrKIU0?t=99
Old 11-01-2019, 10:03 AM

Aragorn97 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Here is one interview where she expresses interest in acting

https://youtu.be/NZTPGVrKIU0?t=99
Oh right, I forgot that. It would be nice to ask her what she thinks of it now