Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 05-21-2020, 11:28 AM
Administrator

CleverCowboy is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bamagirl View Post
According to the particular site that necklace is on, they ship worldwide for $4.95. It's kind of hard to believe, but that is the claim.
In the About Us section of the web site, it is apparent that they have a drop ship arrangement with the manufacturer. The ad doesn't show where the necklace is manufactured, but my guess is China.

I know somebody who ordered an item from Amazon that is fulfilled by a third party, which turned out was China. Tracking says it is in Customs. Almost two months later, item is still not received. If you read the reviews of items shipping from China on the Amazon web site, you will see some saying that they never received the item and requested a refund. These are mainly recent and might be related to the pandemic.

A cost of $4.95 seems extremely low.
Old 05-21-2020, 02:49 PM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

I think sending a gift to her again let's say for her birthday is not a bad idea, but we have to keep in mind it's very likely that she won't thank us or even post a picture of it. As far as the gift for Maggy, i think there were 2 things that helped us get a response,one was the fact that a friend of hers was involved in getting the card and gift for us and the second was the Corona virus gave her more free time to respond.

So if you're okay with the probability we wont get a reply, I see no problem sending her a gift in August.

I had hoped to visit Ajaccio this month or maybe in the Fall, but the Corona virus had different plans for me. I think even if things go relatively well in the next few months, I don't know if she'd be welcoming to an outside visitor in the Fall, especially with a young one around.

So maybe next spring would be a more realistic time for me to think about going there and if everything pans out well Corona wise, I could certainly deliver a gift too.
Old 05-21-2020, 05:36 PM

Mr Coucou is on a distinguished road

I would try to be as conservative as possible with the gifts.

I wouldn't send her a gift every year; milestones only. A simple "random" gift every couple of years if there is no milestone. A birthday card every year is fine.

Edit:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scruffydog777 View Post
So maybe next spring would be a more realistic time for me to think about going there and if everything pans out well Corona wise, I could certainly deliver a gift too.
Next spring sounds good, but I'd be hesitant to deliver a gift to her in person- I'd worry that it could make her uncomfortable. Scruffy, I think your visit in late 2018 was perfect, but I wouldn't go too much beyond that.

Last edited by Mr Coucou; 05-21-2020 at 05:40 PM.. Reason: Automerged Doubleposts