Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 07-21-2019, 06:20 PM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough
Default Czech data base and proposed new data base

A week or two ago, I spoke of the Czech data base which was an awesome data base to research Alizée's videos, interviews, performances, mostly for her early career.

That site went down, but was saved in large part by the Wayback Machine site that preserves a lot of websites, though it's not as easy to search as the original one.

I had posted a link to this site as I said a couple of weeks ago, but one problem here is or is it an asset of this site is we, for the most part, are pretty loosely regulated as far as stuff that's within our 'topic' and guidelines. We go off the topic all the time. That is something I liked about this forum as opposed to the Alizee forum which was a much larger forum as far as membership but is now defunct. There you were always told to "Stick to the topic". That isn't the case here, but the consequence is it makes it difficult to search for something that was said in the past such as I wanted to look for a link I posted in my recent discussion about the Czech database, but it took me about a half hour to find it.

So I want to create this thread, if it doesn't already exist, to make it easier, especially for newer members to find about so many early files of her early career. The files that shook mankind!

I'd also like to set up something similar for more recent files such as Les Enfoires. There are so many good videos out there of both official videos and fan videos of her appearances in the years she participated. So maybe we can post a picture and related info for each 'sighting'.

Of course, we can't share a lot of clips, especially of Les Enfoires, because of copyright rules, except for maybe a still and then it will be up to the individual to see if there might be a video of what happened. Maybe they'll want to buy the DVD or maybe they'll want to see if there is a fan video on Youtube or elsewhere, nudge, nudge say no more.

So I revisited the Wayback Machine and its pages for the Czech data base. I found that by printing each page, I could save it in a pdf version which is a higher clarity version than your average jpeg, but with each page, it has a little window that blocks out part of the original window. I don't know if there is a way around this, but still, for the most part, you can see what you need to see. The only real problem is with the text history page, where that window blocks out some of the history. So I'm uploading a separate text file too, that can be searched through.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folde...9f?usp=sharing
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1sXf...ew?usp=sharing
Old 07-21-2019, 09:23 PM

Mr Coucou is on a distinguished road

Do you know who ran the Czech database?

Maybe they still have the database on a hard drive, maybe they would send us the files and we could put the database back online??? (Or maybe we already have everything we need from the wayback machine?)

Edit:

P.S. Did the Czech database have all the videos (i.e. the TV commercials), or was it just a listing of the videos (but not the videos themselves) ???

Last edited by Mr Coucou; 07-21-2019 at 10:37 PM.. Reason: Automerged Doubleposts
Old 07-22-2019, 04:27 AM

Good question. I don't know. Maybe Jenny knows as to who ran that site? We do have the info we need.

The Czech database did not itself, have the videos, but 'we' have just about all the videos. In fact, we have more with the Les Enfoires videos and other more recent videos.
Old 07-22-2019, 07:53 AM

Mr Coucou is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scruffydog777 View Post
Good question. I don't know. Maybe Jenny knows as to who ran that site? We do have the info we need.
If we had the original files, it would be very simple to put it back up on the internet (in its original form.)

Otherwise, we'd have to take the information from "wayback" and reconstitute it.

As far as the little pop-up windows, it wouldn't be hard to remove them. (If we decide to go the "wayback" route.)
Old 07-24-2020, 08:12 AM

I've mentioned the Czech data base before and it was a great site where you could see a text history of those early years and you could also see lists of certain interviews and performances and what made it so great an image of that event.

The data base is no more but it was preserved by the Wayback machine. Here's a link to the History page.

https://web.archive.org/web/20070129...cz/history.php

Here's a link to the video list page.

https://web.archive.org/web/20070127....cz/browse.php

I suggest you save these pages as webpage, single file

On the download page, I'm not sure if those links work but if you see something there, one of us in most cases will have it.

Last edited by Scruffydog777; 07-24-2020 at 08:16 AM..
Old 07-24-2020, 09:54 AM

failax is on a distinguished road

Moi Lolita from Festivalbar Taormina?Anyone has the best version?Not that one captured from a vhs.

Uncompressed Alizée videos Telegram channel

https://t.me/joinchat/A8uzOFjfKHAuPZQ_-MpzWQ
Old 07-24-2020, 10:52 AM

joebanana is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by failax View Post
Moi Lolita from Festivalbar Taormina?Anyone has the best version?Not that one captured from a vhs.
This is the best I have

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1V15...ew?usp=sharing
Old 07-24-2020, 12:50 PM
Super Moderator

Bamagirl is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scruffydog777 View Post
So I want to create this thread, if it doesn't already exist, to make it easier, especially for newer members to find about so many early files of her early career. The files that shook mankind!
I think this sounds great. I, for one, would love an easier-to-search database. Often there are comments in this forum about shows, interviews, etc. that I would very much like to see but simply can’t find. Or, as you said, that take a long time to locate.
Old 07-24-2020, 12:52 PM

failax is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by joebanana View Post
Thanks, this is the recording from analogic italian tv.I 'm recording Festivalbar replicas hoping to see it again in better quality.

Uncompressed Alizée videos Telegram channel

https://t.me/joinchat/A8uzOFjfKHAuPZQ_-MpzWQ
Old 07-24-2020, 04:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by failax View Post
Thanks, this is the recording from analogic italian tv.I 'm recording Festivalbar replicas hoping to see it again in better quality.
Thanks for trying that failax. If you don't have any success, maybe we can try something else. I've spoken of this performance in Spain where Alizee sang both J'en ai marre and Moi Lolita and how I wished I could've found a way to get the video directly from that channel. In doing research for that, I found it looked like the tv channel had changed hands. Maybe I was taking the wrong approach. Instead of approaching the headquarters for the channel, I should have approached the local tv station that would have recorded the show.

Maybe we can do that here if failax doesn't have any luck. Maybe we can find out which tv station that I would think would be in Sicily recorded that performance.

These are probably mission impossibles, but isn't it worth a shot?