Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 12-18-2019, 02:23 PM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough
Default Proposed Alizee story

I think I've mentioned this before. At least it's been on my mind for a while. I've been thinking of us starting a thread about the 'Alizée story'. I think her story would make for a great movie one day. Hopefully the entertainment part of that story isn't over yet.

I have to wonder how would that story read? What would be the chapters? What would be the subchapters and is that as far as we go or do we start writing that book? For now I think just the chapters/subchapters would be good.

If others agree with this, I propose Bamagirl be in charge of it. I know she's well read and has probably read more books than the rest of us active members combined, so I think she's a good candidate for organizing this.

That first post would be the 'Story' and that would be edited as we go along and it would be set up just like the 'Table of contents' of a book or should it just be updated as we go deeper into the thread? I think it would be easier to just update the first post, but maybe not.
Old 12-18-2019, 09:47 PM
Super Moderator

Bamagirl is on a distinguished road

What an interesting and intriguing idea, Scruffydog! Count me in...I'd love to be involved in this project!
I am not as well versed on the details of as much of Alizée's history as many of you all are, though, so anyone who has some ideas please feel free to start off. I like the idea of beginning with a table of contents that list various chapters, which would each be a significant point in her life. We can edit it as we go along, of course.
Old 12-19-2019, 04:48 PM
Spain :)

Dani is on a distinguished road

I'm in. I love writting in fact I have a blog
Old 12-19-2019, 07:39 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dani View Post
I'm in. I love writting in fact I have a blog
That’s interesting, Dani! Would you be willing to share your blog info with us?
Old 12-20-2019, 10:07 AM

To get this thing rolling, some suggestions for the first few chapters
Chapter one would be her early life, which would include;
how her parents named her,
how other girls teased her about her name and her glasses,
how dance allowed her to escape that,
how she embraced her Corsican heritage,
the contest she won by designing a paint scheme for an airplane.

Chapter 2 would be her discovery,
from the 4 Graines du Stars appearances,
to the audition in Paris which led to her getting a phone call saying MF and LB wanted her to be the interpreter of their songs, after which she said, she cried, her grandmother cried......everybody cried.

Chapter 3 would be her first album, Gourmandises
That would include;
When she returned to Ajaccio before her friends knew what she was up to and they were sitting in a cafe, when the song 'Moi Lolita' was first played on the radio.
Her trip to NY
Her appearance on Stars a Domicile
Her appearance in Amsterdam where she danced at the age of 16 with the confidence of Madonna, the beauty of Beyonce, but with a style all her own.
Her first major music award at the M6 awards where she tried hard to fight back the tears.

Now if we try and get deep into the story, it might be a little bit too much for the thread. I have about 100gb of space through Google drive. I could share the files to view to everyone, but only give access to modify them to only a couple such as Bamagirl or Dani.

We have to keep in mind, we're not looking to create something that's already out there or was out there such as the Czech data base or the Alizee bible, we want to create a story, a story that will entertain those who don't know about her or those who might want to do something with the story.

Last edited by Scruffydog777; 12-20-2019 at 10:09 AM..
Old 12-20-2019, 03:09 PM

Aragorn97 is on a distinguished road

Now that you have written a draft of the chapters, it seems to be an even better idea
Old 12-20-2019, 04:25 PM
Super Moderator

Sounds great, Scruffydog! Now, I suggest we begin at the beginning...Chapter One.
How about anyone with details about the topics Scruffydog listed go ahead and post them here. Then, I (along with whoever wants to help...Dani?!) can form them into the best prose we know how.
Old 12-20-2019, 05:31 PM

Aragorn97 is on a distinguished road

There is a wonderful Instagram page called "Alizée.timeline", which posts everything we know about Alizée starting from the beginning and chronologically. Now it isn't very active and stopped at 2002, but it might help to remind her early years and first performances. Obviously a lot of photos and videos, so not exactly what we are looking for but, as I said, it may help.
Old 12-21-2019, 05:23 AM

Silencio is on a distinguished road

Why did you forget about Alizée chronology at the AlizéeArt site?

http://www.alizeeart.com/chronology/

RMJ was banned from this forum for some reason unknown to me, but I think he did a great job of creating a detailed description of Alizée history and events related to Alizée.
Old 12-21-2019, 09:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silencio View Post
Why did you forget about Alizée chronology at the AlizéeArt site?

http://www.alizeeart.com/chronology/

RMJ was banned from this forum for some reason unknown to me, but I think he did a great job of creating a detailed description of Alizée history and events related to Alizée.
Well this project is just in the development stages and I'm sure AlizeeArts chronology will be used for reference. I've met RMJ a few times in Europe. I met him twice in Lyon when we both were there for the Les Enfoires show which included meetings once on the night before the show when we went out for a couple drinks and talked about all things Alizee, then we met at the Les Enfoires show the next day, then the same thing happened at a Les Enfoires show in Paris.

He's a very nice guy to meet with and talk to and he is probably one of the most knowledgeable people I know concerning Alizee. Him and Roman (You do know Roman?), got together and went to Laurant' Boutannat's estate where the ML video was filmed, but his language get's very colorful at times, a lot more colorful than mine and if whenever someone new would come along and ask why he puts his monogram on all his pictures of Alizee, he will either let them know in no uncertain terms why or just plain tear them a new behind.

This forum will put up with occasional outbursts, but not with the regularity and severity that it happened with him.

There may be other sites out there that we may reference in this project and we'll have to make sure if we continue this to a successful end, we will mention them all.

But again, this isn't a history, this isn't a time line. This will be the story of Alizee. Her fans are the ones who are interested in a timeline or a history. The Alizée story is one that will be interesting, even to people who aren't fans of her, but who like a good book if you know what I mean.

Instead of asking whe we forgot about Alizee Art's chronology, you could have suggested we use it.

Below is a picture of RMJ I took at a bar we went to in Paris. I forget the full story of the guy who owned this bar, but he was a Pittsburgh Penguin hockey team fan. That team is from the US. He and the other gentleman in the picture, the other guy being from France, were both Alizee fans. He didn't know the guy, but the bar played Moi Lolita and RMJ and this other guy joined together for a horrible rendition of this song. It was a good time. I think I have the video of it.

RMJ bar.jpg