Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 01-06-2020, 09:31 AM
Administrator

CleverCowboy is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Coucou View Post
Does Greg speak English? How about the other teachers?
Greg appears to be pretty fluent in English.

I am unsure about any of the teachers there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Coucou View Post

I think the above urls are Greg's father's studio in mainland France ????

This seems to be A&G's facebook page:

https://www.facebook.com/studiodedanselyonnet/

I thought A&G had a website? I can't seem to find it.
Correct, those images are of the dance studio of Greg's parents.

I don't remember ever seeing a regular website for A&G.
Old 05-30-2020, 01:07 AM
MMA Teen who was thunderstruck by Alizée

Kajue is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by zingy View Post
This is actually a common technique of social climbers. Find an interest of a celebrity or nobleman/old money and use that to know the person. That is one of the reasons charities try to get famous patrons. If a celebrity has an interest in saving the red tailed snail darter of Cucamonga, he would do expensive fundraisers, and the social climbers would buy the tickets for access. They would also know to discuss the snail darter or whatever else interested the celebrity.

Lady (NOT Princess!) Diana raised many, many millions for charity with this method. She was the ultimate person "to know."

Social climbing is a skill, one that women are the best at. There are many books written about it. Can't push too hard, need to do it just right.

Social climbing can be an expensive hobby, but "I know" (quotes intentional, this is about "who you know") social climbers that actually became friends of celebrities and old money people, as in even getting invited to their houses for dinner.

I actually bought this book a few days ago, pretty good read actually. Hmmm... maybe I'll give this a try LOL.
Old 05-30-2020, 10:24 PM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by zingy View Post
The price for dance lessons at Gregoire and Alizee's studio is quite reasonable. From what I see in videos taken in the studio, Gregoire is the main teacher and Alizee seems to help out mostly in the front. I did see a few videos of other teachers in the summer program, but I imagine the two of them are around, so you might want to request Gregoire.

For a big fan, if you happen to be in Europe anyway, stopping by to take a few lessons might be a good idea. Beats just asking for an autograph. For the price of a few private lessons over a few days, you would actually personally know them.

Private Lesson - 36 €
Trial Lesson - 10 €
2 Lessons per week for a year - 266 €

http://www.danselyonnet.fr/tarifs.php
A thought just came to mind. I hope to make at least one more trip to Ajaccio. More than one if my health holds out.

I had for many years wanted to get a portrait done of Alizee. It was when I took a vacation to Hawaii, that I finally saw someone I thought good enough to do her beauty justice.

I made a video of that, but when I went to visit the studio, I didn't think to take that portrait with me. Maybe we could work a deal out. We recently put together a bunch of questions to send over to her in the hope she would answer them, but then the Corona virus hit.

Maybe we could set something up where I pay for a couple of hours of private lessons and in that time, get a dance lesson and also get our questions answered.

The main question is, which dance? I think the waltz would be fun. Now with dances like the Waltz and the Tango, there are versions where you can dance really, really close or you can dance at hands length and of course hands length would be what I'd choose.

There are also dances like the Samba, where you can cross into the Cha Cha and back again. That would probably be fun.

I'd actually pay her for four hours of lessons, but call an end to it after one, if all was accomplished in that hour.

We are still far away from a point where visitors in these times would be trusted by a mother with a newborn. Still.....it's food for thought.

Last edited by Scruffydog777; 05-30-2020 at 10:27 PM..
Old 05-31-2020, 08:04 AM

Mr Coucou is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scruffydog777 View Post
We recently put together a bunch of questions to send over to her in the hope she would answer them, but then the Corona virus hit.

Maybe we could set something up where I pay for a couple of hours of private lessons and in that time, get a dance lesson and also get our questions answered.
I don't think Alizee and Greg give private lessons, from what I can determine.

As to the list of questions, she will never answer questions like that. Handing her a list of questions in person would be awkward and pointless, I think.
Old 05-31-2020, 09:20 AM

I wonder if she knows how to waltz?
We'd probably have to update the list of questions we already have.
Old 05-31-2020, 09:43 AM

Ben.Daly is on a distinguished road

Quote:
We'd probably have to update the list of questions we already have.
I kinda agree with Mr Coucou on this matter. It would seem strange handing over a list of questions, asking "could you please answer these", and then saying bye. Then you have to have an effective way of receiving those answers, I suppose by Email, though no matter what some subtle things could easily be lost in translation.

What if the answers she sends back are shorter than hoped and don't go into any detail that we could learn something new from? She probably doesn't mind answering questions sent by fans, it just might come off as a bit clingy or desperate, as if to say "Nothing's going on career wise so we'd like to squeeze some information out of you". That may be a bit extreme to assume she'd receive it like that but it's a possibility, the questions may feel too personal for her to answer.

Maybe I'm wrong with this, but regardless we'd need to be very careful how we handle such a situation. I assume it's a one off thing so if we go ahead with it we can't waste the opportunity, but maybe shouldn't make her write a thesis length letter just to get to all the questions.

I'm not opposed to the idea, just voicing some concerns.
Old 05-31-2020, 04:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben.Daly View Post
I kinda agree with Mr Coucou on this matter. It would seem strange handing over a list of questions, asking "could you please answer these", and then saying bye. Then you have to have an effective way of receiving those answers, I suppose by Email, though no matter what some subtle things could easily be lost in translation.

What if the answers she sends back are shorter than hoped and don't go into any detail that we could learn something new from? She probably doesn't mind answering questions sent by fans, it just might come off as a bit clingy or desperate, as if to say "Nothing's going on career wise so we'd like to squeeze some information out of you". That may be a bit extreme to assume she'd receive it like that but it's a possibility, the questions may feel too personal for her to answer.

Maybe I'm wrong with this, but regardless we'd need to be very careful how we handle such a situation. I assume it's a one off thing so if we go ahead with it we can't waste the opportunity, but maybe shouldn't make her write a thesis length letter just to get to all the questions.

We discussed this quite a bit last year and most members who were active at the time were okay with it and in fact, sent in several questions to be asked. We put a cap on it of 50 I believe.

At the time, the idea was to mail the questions to the studio. As with the recent discussion of us sending her another gift at some point, we know she might not accept the gift or if she did accept it, she might never acknowledge it. It's just I think she has a policy of how to treat fans. A lot of fans send her gifts. If she thanks one, she has to thank them all. So it's very understandable why she wont respond in most cases and she's under no obligation to acknowledge this group of questions if we do send it.

What we were hoping for was they'd do a video, where maybe Gregoire or a friend would ask the questions and Alizee would answer and in fact there were a couple questions where Alizee would be asking Gregoire the questions and they could do it all in French. I think we could figure out a way to get it interpreted.

We had already reached out to a friend of Bamagirl who used to live in France and had been to Corsica a few times and is very familiar with the dialect to do the translations of the questions we were sending so the questions would be presented in English and French.

Now Alizée's a big girl now. If she received and envelope with a bunch of questions in it and either doesn't like the idea or doesn't have the time for them, I'm sure she can figure out how to throw them out. It's not going to create an international incident. We will not go to war with France. We will not change the name of French fries to Freedom fries again.

So at a point last year, we had gathered and reviewed the questions, but there was still some work to do because we wanted to send pictures along with it to better explain some of the questions, but then the pregnancy came along and we felt it was best to hold off until after the baby arrived.
Then the Covid-19 came along and was a game changer. Of course with this Corona virus, we could not mail a packet of questions to them. I'm sure during this time, they'd never open up a packet from fans, so it would have to be done electronically which I think would give us lower odds of this happening.

Still, I thought that this was the perfect time to send the questionnaire. They are stuck at home. It's going to be a while longer before the studio opens up. Maybe they'd enjoy the opprtunity to do something different than what little has probably been going on in this Covid 19 world, but apparently I was the only one who felt that way, so it didn't happen.

You also have look at what's been going on with her career, except for Poland, not a hell of a lot. I'm quite sure she's still listing herself as a "chanteuse". If she wants to keep her fans around, if she wants to keep getting endorsement deals, something like this couldn't hurt her.

This isn't rocket scientist material. If we had sent a packet by regular mail (which we wont), all she has to do is throw it out if she wants to or if sent by e-mail, all she has to do is hit the little trash can symbol and if she does, we wont be pointing our cruise missiles in France's direction.

Edit:

Quote:

When I paid a visit to the dance studio a while back, I got some pictures autographed for a few of our new members. Another guy I got a picture for was Robert Rhein who has put together a 1,000 Alizee videos on Youtube. So if you're against this idea, I guess I shouldn't consider you as someone to get an autographed picture for if I go there again?

Last edited by Scruffydog777; 05-31-2020 at 04:43 PM.. Reason: Automerged Doubleposts
Old 05-31-2020, 07:02 PM

Quote:

When I paid a visit to the dance studio a while back, I got some pictures autographed for a few of our new members. Another guy I got a picture for was Robert Rhein who has put together a 1,000 Alizee videos on Youtube. So if you're against this idea, I guess I shouldn't consider you as someone to get an autographed picture for if I go there again?
Well as I said, I'm not opposed to it, the cynical side of me is just being a bit doubtful of how to go about it. You, and most people here know a lot more about her than myself so I'd trust you to handle the situation well as it has been done in the past with the gifts for Maggy and the wedding.
I'm not sure what you're trying to imply with the Robert Rhein situation, if this does go ahead I'd be happy to submit a couple of questions. Don't take my previous comment the wrong way please.
Old 05-31-2020, 07:50 PM

Quote:
Well as I said, I'm not opposed to it, the cynical side of me is just being a bit doubtful of how to go about it. You, and most people here know a lot more about her than myself so I'd trust you to handle the situation well as it has been done in the past with the gifts for Maggy and the wedding.
I'm not sure what you're trying to imply with the Robert Rhein situation, if this does go ahead I'd be happy to submit a couple of questions. Don't take my previous comment the wrong way please.
What I was trying to "imply" with the Robert Rhein situation is I've known him for a number of years and because of what he's done for Alizee, I wanted to get him an autographed cd of one of her albums. That's the same type of thing I've tried to do over the years with her albums and her fans.
Old 05-31-2020, 08:05 PM

Quote:
What I was trying to "imply" with the Robert Rhein situation is I've known him for a number of years and because of what he's done for Alizee, I wanted to get him an autographed cd of one of her albums. That's the same type of thing I've tried to do over the years with her albums and her fans.
I understand. Perhaps I misinterpreted what that last sentence of your reply was saying and took it a bit too personally, my mistake. I think I've let this conversation get to my head a bit too much... The lengths you've gone to get fans signed albums and pictures is much appreciated