Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 06-01-2020, 07:24 AM
Administrator

CleverCowboy is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben.Daly View Post
Well as I said, I'm not opposed to it, the cynical side of me is just being a bit doubtful of how to go about it.
The logistics behind the interview project was the most difficult. Getting a set of questions together was easy in comparison. We had some serious career questions, but we also threw in a bunch of light-hearted questions that she might not have ever been asked before, like what is her favorite book or movie. There were some picture questions as well, asking Alizee to explain what is going on in the picture. It would be one question per sheet of paper, both in English and French, and when applicable, a picture.

As Scruffy mentioned, the method of delivering the questions to Alizee would be by mail. Admittedly, we didn't have much hope that Alizee would answer them and return a video of her back to us somehow. We were putting too much of a burden on her. We felt like we somehow had to do more to make it compelling to her and that she didn't have to do anything but answer some questions.

We felt that maybe if we made the interview a family affair, it would increase our chances of her wanting to do the interview. We put in questions for Greg along with questions for both of them about the dance studio and future plans. Greg seems pretty aggressive in promoting their business, so the potential is that he might have looked at the interview as an opportunity.

We liked the idea of somehow getting Jo involved to take a video of them answering the questions. He actually became the focus for a while. If we could somehow get him on board and coordinate the interview with him, all Alizee and Greg would have to do is agree to do it, and the setup would be in Jo's hands. Scruffy has a contact in Germany (I believe it was Germany) who was friends with Jo. Perhaps we could leverage him to get introduced to Jo. When Scruffy contacted him, he was having some long term medical issues, so we didn't press it any further.

Then I remembered seeing this, and had a light bulb moment:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/189i...ew?usp=sharing

This live chat format had an awesome potential. The laptop camera was close to them. Greg can read Alizee her questions. Alizee can read Greg his questions. If there is a picture involved, they turn the page towards the camera.

Then the pregnancy came along and pretty much the idea was scrapped, at least temporarily.

Edit:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scruffydog777 View Post
So at a point last year, we had gathered and reviewed the questions, but there was still some work to do because we wanted to send pictures along with it to better explain some of the questions, but then the pregnancy came along and we felt it was best to hold off until after the baby arrived.
Then the Covid-19 came along and was a game changer. Of course with this Corona virus, we could not mail a packet of questions to them. I'm sure during this time, they'd never open up a packet from fans, so it would have to be done electronically which I think would give us lower odds of this happening.
Now that Nathalie knows who we are and is good friends with Alizee and Greg, maybe she could give us some good advice as to the best way to approach Alizee on this. Maybe the next time Alizee visits the store, Nathalie would bring the subject up while they are chatting and get some feedback as to whether Alizee would even do this or not. The locals helped us with the baby gift, so maybe they could help us with this project.

Last edited by CleverCowboy; 06-01-2020 at 10:52 AM.. Reason: Automerged Doubleposts
Old 06-02-2020, 08:02 PM
Super Moderator

Bamagirl is on a distinguished road

Quote:
I think this is a subject that Bamagirl may know a few things about but she's on a trip and might not be able to respond for a few days.
I have not read that particular book but it looks interesting. I do happen to have some experience, from several different perspectives, with the phenomenon of social climbing.

It is most definitely true that social climbers will adjust their habits, hang-outs and priorities to fit the particular venue they are attempting to enter or to get close to a particular individual. It is often becoming party of a celebrity’s inner circle that is the goal, but it can also be a private person--a very wealthy or influential business person, for example, or a member of a private club they wish to join or someone on the board of directors of a company they wish to do business with. That is a mixture of social climbing with business. Sometimes it can be hard to distinguish between the two.

The whole idea is to become close to a particular person, or part of a social sphere, that one does not automatically have access to. This happens a lot in some societies where "family background" is more important to certain members of the society than money or fame or talent. In that case, social climbers who wish to be accepted will marry into a particular family or attempt to join a college fraternity or sorority whose members are people they wish to be accepted by, or join a church or club or charitable committee that their target group or person is part of or sponsors.

Most celebrities are well aware of social climbers and, while many ultimately accept some as friends, they also never forget that, but for their position or bloodline or wealth or fame, that person would not be interested in them. Using Diane, the Princess of Wales as an example again: one of her great tragedies was not knowing who she could trust--who was really a friend who cared about her, and who just wanted to bask in her reflected glory, so to speak. This is why members of the royal family rely on close friends from childhood and often do not have, as true confidants, many others they meet in later years.

But that is not to say celebrities don't get something in return--often this is exactly what they have been seeking (though not desiring it to the exclusion of other types of relationships, of course). Many of them--especially the more philanthropic-minded-- enjoy the ability to influence people...to help them...to make a difference in their lives. Many of them genuinely and honestly appreciate their fans and admirers and understand that, but for those fans, they would not have achieved their successful positions.

People who rise to fame later in life often wisely cling to their early, legitimate friends and--though developing many other friendships and relationships through life--never completely let their guards down with anyone who didn't “know them when," as the saying goes.

This is one reason so many celebrities and other public figures (such as powerful politicians or leaders of industry or the children of the very rich) often seem to be so clueless about the world. They are surrounded by sycophants who tell them only what they want to hear and, after awhile, the bubble they live in becomes all they know and the usual checks and balances of normal life and relationships don't exist.

It happens to people who are wealthy, as well--even if they are not at all famous. They can be bitterly disappointed to realize, if they lose their wealth, that many of the people they considered friends were just hangers-on.

I think that is why many celebrities, like Alizeé, wisely cling to their privacy. They might truly value their fans--might truly enjoy mingling with them and associating with them and, sometimes, becoming genuine friends with some of them. I would actually be surprised if Alizeé has not made friends with fans along the way. But they also know how easy it can be to get carried out of a world of normalcy into that fake world. So, they protect their private lives from too many social climbers and too many yes-men.
Old 06-03-2020, 12:28 AM

24Shepherd24 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Coucou View Post
I don't think Alizee and Greg give private lessons, from what I can determine.

As to the list of questions, she will never answer questions like that. Handing her a list of questions in person would be awkward and pointless, I think.

You wouldn't hand her a list. You would have a conversation and ask a few questions. However, I doubt she would give a private lesson to an older man.

Edit:

Quote:
What I was trying to "imply" with the Robert Rhein situation is I've known him for a number of years and because of what he's done for Alizee, I wanted to get him an autographed cd of one of her albums. That's the same type of thing I've tried to do over the years with her albums and her fans.

One of my questions would be, Is she familiar with Robert Rhein, and what's her impression of him? She would probably find that question a little too probing and wouldn't answer it. Still, it would be interesting to try.

Edit:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CleverCowboy View Post
Then I remembered seeing this, and had a light bulb moment:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/189i...ew?usp=sharing
What a marvelous little video.

Last edited by 24Shepherd24; 06-03-2020 at 12:33 AM.. Reason: Automerged Doubleposts
Old 06-03-2020, 06:37 PM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bamagirl View Post
I have not read that particular book but it looks interesting. I do happen to have some experience, from several different perspectives, with the phenomenon of social climbing.

It is most definitely true that social climbers will adjust their habits, hang-outs and priorities to fit the particular venue they are attempting to enter or to get close to a particular individual. It is often becoming party of a celebrity’s inner circle that is the goal, but it can also be a private person--a very wealthy or influential business person, for example, or a member of a private club they wish to join or someone on the board of directors of a company they wish to do business with. That is a mixture of social climbing with business. Sometimes it can be hard to distinguish between the two.

The whole idea is to become close to a particular person, or part of a social sphere, that one does not automatically have access to. This happens a lot in some societies where "family background" is more important to certain members of the society than money or fame or talent. In that case, social climbers who wish to be accepted will marry into a particular family or attempt to join a college fraternity or sorority whose members are people they wish to be accepted by, or join a church or club or charitable committee that their target group or person is part of or sponsors.

Most celebrities are well aware of social climbers and, while many ultimately accept some as friends, they also never forget that, but for their position or bloodline or wealth or fame, that person would not be interested in them. Using Diane, the Princess of Wales as an example again: one of her great tragedies was not knowing who she could trust--who was really a friend who cared about her, and who just wanted to bask in her reflected glory, so to speak. This is why members of the royal family rely on close friends from childhood and often do not have, as true confidants, many others they meet in later years.

But that is not to say celebrities don't get something in return--often this is exactly what they have been seeking (though not desiring it to the exclusion of other types of relationships, of course). Many of them--especially the more philanthropic-minded-- enjoy the ability to influence people...to help them...to make a difference in their lives. Many of them genuinely and honestly appreciate their fans and admirers and understand that, but for those fans, they would not have achieved their successful positions.

People who rise to fame later in life often wisely cling to their early, legitimate friends and--though developing many other friendships and relationships through life--never completely let their guards down with anyone who didn't “know them when," as the saying goes.

This is one reason so many celebrities and other public figures (such as powerful politicians or leaders of industry or the children of the very rich) often seem to be so clueless about the world. They are surrounded by sycophants who tell them only what they want to hear and, after awhile, the bubble they live in becomes all they know and the usual checks and balances of normal life and relationships don't exist.

It happens to people who are wealthy, as well--even if they are not at all famous. They can be bitterly disappointed to realize, if they lose their wealth, that many of the people they considered friends were just hangers-on.

I think that is why many celebrities, like Alizeé, wisely cling to their privacy. They might truly value their fans--might truly enjoy mingling with them and associating with them and, sometimes, becoming genuine friends with some of them. I would actually be surprised if Alizeé has not made friends with fans along the way. But they also know how easy it can be to get carried out of a world of normalcy into that fake world. So, they protect their private lives from too many social climbers and too many yes-men.
A lot of your posts leave me kind of breathless. You seem to put a lot of thought and a lot of your learning and experience into them. I have to take so much time fathoming one point and yet there are others still to follow. You bring so much more to this forum than stuff like what is her favorite color.
To be sure, all points you make are subject to debate, but I want to remind members in here that the same forum decorum here that applies to Alizee, should apply to all members and that is probably more so for a female member.
If you want to disagree with her, do so in a respectful way. There's a way to make a point and a way to not make a point.
Old 06-03-2020, 07:35 PM
Super Moderator

Bamagirl is on a distinguished road

Quote:
A lot of your posts leave me kind of breathless. You seem to put a lot of thought and a lot of your learning and experience into them. I have to take so much time fathoming one point and yet there are others still to follow. You bring so much more to this forum than stuff like what is her favorite color.
To be sure, all points you make are subject to debate, but I want to remind members in here that the same forum decorum here that applies to Alizee, should apply to all members and that is probably more so for a female member.
If you want to disagree with her, do so in a respectful way. There's a way to make a point and a way to not make a point.
Thank you for such kind words, Scruffydog! I so very much appreciate all the posts from forum members on topics that I am not knowledgeable about. I enjoy being able to contribute to discussions in this forum when I feel I might have some information or personal experience regarding the subject. This forum has some really interesting, intelligent and knowledgeable members and I am so pleased to be part of it!
Old 06-03-2020, 07:40 PM
Neutral Good

RedRafe is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by 24Shepherd24 View Post
You wouldn't hand her a list. You would have a conversation and ask a few questions. However, I doubt she would give a private lesson to an older man.
Now, with regard to “private lessons”, I think the chances of you actually getting “close” to Alizée, let alone actually “dance” with her, are going to be pretty low, to actually “non-existent”…

My reason for thinking this are as thus, nobody apart from ske_leton, has actually reported/commented upon such a thing actually taking place, and I’m not sure if that was a “private lesson” or a “workshop”...

Le nouveau prince de la danse est né #realisesanstrucage Merci à Alizée et Greg pour ce kiff et ce super stage ! Très bonne idée la salsa, j’ai vraiment beaucoup aimé danser avec ma magnifique partenaire @boni1515 que je remercie mille fois pour les photos de ce moment memorable PS : aucun pied de mes partenaires n’a été maltraité durant le stage” roughly translates as “The new prince of dance is born#realisesanstrucage
Thanks to Alizée and Greg for this kiff and this great internship! Very good idea salsa, I really liked to dance with my beautiful partner @ boni1515 that I thank a thousand times for the photos of this memorable moment PS: no foot of my partners was mistreated during the course
”.

If someone actually got to dance with Alizée, it would most probably be “plastered” all over the “web”, the “temptation” for most of her fans to “boast” about such a “wonder” would be just too much…

So, if ske_leton, “the Chosen One”, who in my estimation is as close to being an “embedded journalist” in the Alizée “camp”, as you are ever going to see, just gets to pose for a couple of pics with “herself”, then I’d regard the chances of anyone else actually getting to “dance” with her, as being pretty “slim”, to maybe NFW…

Hmm…

Look at it from a “security” viewpoint, if it was known that Alizée was actually going to personally “dance” with you, if you booked a “private lesson”, then the studio would be absolutely “stuffed”, 24/7/365, with “stalkers”, “creeps”, “lech’s”, and “weirdos”, etc, from “all over the globe”, just waiting to “smear themselves” all over “herself”…

I seriously, really don’t think they’d let anything like that happen, do you!? It really wouldn’t be good for her “image”, at all…

Hmmph…

I’ve got enough “problems” actually contemplating my “0% chance” of meeting her, so actually getting to dance with her would be pretty much “incomprehensible” to me, and then the concept of getting to actually have a “waltz” with her… “huuuuh, y’wot now”!?

<Brain just “Bsod’d” >

Now, the list of “questions for Alizée” project, I seriously thought that it had “died”, long, long ago. The last thing that I think I can remember seeing was that nobody could come to a “consensus” about how many questions that it would be “appropriate” to ask, or, how to “deliver” said questions.

I personally thought at the time, that 3 was “appropriate”, 5 was “ok”, and that 10 was probably “pushing it”…

If you look at the most recent tv interviews, that she has taken part in, they last, overall, anywhere from 5 to maybe 15 minutes “tops”, with her “actual participation time” in the “segment” being limited to a minute or two, with there being maybe, on average, 3 or 4 “easy”, rather “succinct” questions “posed” to her, within that time. Nothing “hard”, “controversial”, or “probing”…

She also, probably, gets nicely “compensated”, for her, “inconvenience”…

So, from what I can gather, it was decided somewhere that the “appropriate” number of questions for this project was going to be 50, and that if it was going to be printed on paper, pictures included, it sounds to me like it was probably going to be about as “thick” as the “local” version of the “Ajaccio telephone directory”...

So this was going to be somehow presented to the “little lady”, herself, Alizée, who is that “busy” with her “business”, and “family”, that on average, she can manage to post maybe a couple of Instagram shots, every couple of days, and she was supposed to do “what”, with it…

<Reads “proposal” again>

Oh right, I see…

So she is “supposed to”, if I am right:

Get someone to “film” her, and maybe Greg;
Read all of these “questions”, and “formulate” appropriate answers, which could take quite a while;
(So, if she does all 50, we are maybe talking 50 minutes, to maybe 1hour, or even more. If she answers fewer, then still some considerable length of time);
Be “filmed” by “someone”, (the opinion was that this was going to be Jo, her father, who it was supposed was going to be “up for this”, for some reason), answering these questions, for an hour or so;
Get someone to “compile”, “format” and “edit” the result of this “interview”, which could take several hours, easily…
Then, somehow, get it back to “whomever”, in order to do whatever they are going to use it for…

So, overall you would be expecting everyone on Alizée’s “side of things” to be putting in something like anything from 3 to 6 hours of labour, foooor… what!?

Y’all know that I respect all of you guys immensely, but, is this not just being a wee bit rather, emmm, “audacious”…

Maybe… “presumptuous”…

Shepherd’s suggestion, to me, has an immense amount of “merit”, due to the fact that it is “succinct”, and “respectful”. It doesn’t ask too much, nor expect too much either…

In this situation, IMHO, “less is better”, and has far more chance of success, the smaller it is. The chances of her agreeing to a “1hr Freebie Blockbuster Special”, in which she has to do all the “heavy lifting”, for no real reason, and no major compensation, is 0…

A paper “proposal” for such an undertaking would probably be “shredded hamster bedding”, about 30 seconds after she read it, if she read it at all…

But what the hell do I know, who knows, she might "go for it"…

It goes without saying, that, as always, I wish you guys nothing but luck, and immense success, in your undertaking...

Last edited by RedRafe; 06-03-2020 at 08:09 PM..