Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 05-17-2020, 10:32 PM

fan_atic is on a distinguished road
Default Getting New Songs from Alizee: A Plan

The only way I can think of to get Alizee to sing more songs is to do what Sara'h did by singing translations of English songs. Even though Sara'h an amateur that sings in her house, she has songs with up to 112 million views.

If Sara'h can get 112 million views with one song with just a piano accompaniment, Alizee has the potential to get 500 million views. If Sara'h can post any old song she wants in French, anyone can. There is definitely a demand for it. The numbers prove it.

What it would take is an ambitious francophone bar band somewhere in the world to re-write a few English pop songs from the past 50 years, do the music backing, email to Alizee, she sings, then email the voice recording back, then just overlay the voice. The "studio" would consist of a decent mic, wall padding, and headphones.

98% of the difficulty would be finding a bar band that would be ambitious enough to do this. The rest is easy. All the bar band would need to do is record the music backing of a song they already do every weekend and email to Alizee. Heck, the people on this forum can buy the equipment Alizee needs. The bar band would instantly be Alizee and the XZY Band and would get world exposure and half the monetization.

OK, I know everyone here wants this to happen, but how in the world do we find the bar band that realizes the potential of this?

The below video got 29 million views and only has a piano accompaniment. Imagine the number of views with a full band backsound and Alizee singing. It won't let me post links, so copy/paste or type in Sara'h in youtube.

Last edited by fan_atic; 05-19-2020 at 06:57 PM..
Old 05-18-2020, 11:19 AM
Administrator

CleverCowboy is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by fan_atic View Post
It won't let me post links, so copy/paste or type in Sara'h in youtube.

youtube.com/watch?v=eo4SCRzBRzk
When you post, there is a icon above the text box that looks like a globe with an infinity symbol in front of it. That is how to post YouTube links.

If you cut and paste the link into the popup window, it will show up as only a link, like so:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eo4SCRzBRzk

If you cut and paste the link into the popup windows and remove the "s" from "https", then the video will be inserted into your post.

Old 05-18-2020, 06:11 PM

24Shepherd24 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by fan_atic View Post
The only way I can think of to get Alizee to sing more songs is to do what Sara'h did by singing translations of English songs. Even though Sara'h an amateur that sings in her house, she has songs with up to 112 million views.

If Sara'h can get 112 million views with one song with just a piano accompaniment, Alizee has the potential to get 500 million views. If Sara'h can post any old song she wants in French, anyone can. There is definitely a demand for it. The numbers prove it.

What it would take is an ambitious francophone bar band somewhere in the world to re-write a few English pop songs from the past 50 years, do the music backing, email to Alizee, she sings, then email the voice recording back, then just overlay the voice. The "studio" would consist of a decent mic, wall padding, and headphones.

98% of the difficulty would be finding a bar band that would be ambitious enough to do this. The rest is easy. All the bar band would need to do is record the music backing of a song they already do every weekend and email to Alizee. Heck, the people on this forum can buy the equipment Alizee needs. The bar band would instantly be Alizee and the XZY Band and would get world exposure and half the monetization.

OK, I know everyone here wants this to happen, but how in the world do we find the bar band that realizes the potential of this?

The below video got 29 million views and only has a piano accompaniment. Imagine the number of views with a full band backsound and Alizee singing. It won't let me post links, so copy/paste or type in Sara'h in youtube.

youtube.com/watch?v=eo4SCRzBRzk

This is a great idea. It wouldn't take a huge investment and how hard would it be for "ALIZEE" to find a band. But I don't think she is interested in singing right now. She has the baby and Covid hasn't gone away. Still, she could be thinking about it, perhaps even working on it. It's hard for me to accept that she doesn't ever want to go back to the business.
Old 05-18-2020, 07:33 PM

Ben.Daly is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Still, she could be thinking about it, perhaps even working on it. It's hard for me to accept that she doesn't ever want to go back to the business.
If there's ever a time for her to be planning for or thinking about her career in the future it's now I guess. Whether there is any future in doing covers, performances such as the recent ones in Poland or even a new album one day, we don't know. Though I highly doubt she's completely done with that career, pretty confident we'll see more of her in the future.
Old 05-18-2020, 11:02 PM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben.Daly View Post
If there's ever a time for her to be planning for or thinking about her career in the future it's now I guess. Whether there is any future in doing covers, performances such as the recent ones in Poland or even a new album one day, we don't know. Though I highly doubt she's completely done with that career, pretty confident we'll see more of her in the future.
Well one thing I've hoped about how things may play out, is after MF sent Alizee a message during the studio's first Gala and after MF asked A&G to coach her new star Julia, that if Julia didn't do well, it would make Mylene realize that there is something that sets Alizée apart and with MF and Zée on good terms again, who knows what could happen?

Despite Julia being a beautiful young lady, with a beautiful voice and being supplied by great music from MF and I believe LB, she to this point isn't burning up the charts. I think her album was to be released a few weeks ago, but was put on hold because of this virus. Still when it returns, I'd be surprised if it does well. You never know though, it could be some song on the album that they are not thinking that will do well, that will cast her into stardom.

I'm not betting on that though. I like Julia and I wish her well, but if this album doesn't pan out, then maybe the song writing machine, Mylene Farmer will turn back to a proven product to find success again with songs written for someone else. It seems like a no brainer, but life is full of puzzles.
Old 05-19-2020, 11:27 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben.Daly View Post
Six months ago I had the opinion that Alizee's music career is probably done, except for the occasional engagements where she would do a karaoke concert. I did try to keep some hope alive that she might make another album, but that was just me focusing on what I wanted her to do, not what she wanted to do with the rest of her career. She said in an early interview that she wanted to have a dance studio, and she achieved that goal. There was no reason to believe that she would take a different direction than putting all her efforts into the studio.

Now all of a sudden, we have a different world with the novel virus. The dance studio has been closed for a few months and there is no indication that it has reopened, and if/when it does, the way classes are taught will probably have to change, with less students and little physical contact. Plus, unless dancing is part of career aspirations, taking lessons of any kind is a luxury. I'm not sure what the employment situation is in Ajaccio, but if job losses are similar to what has occurred everywhere else, affordability will be a factor in keeping dance classes full.

So, a reboot of Alizee's singing career might be on the table.

Can Alizee become successful in the music industry again without Mylene? How can she go wrong working with the queen of French pop? I hesitate to say this because I am the same age as Mylene, but she seems to be fading with age and losing her influence in France. The Julia project looked to be a slam dunk. A beautiful girl with a beautiful singing voice becoming the next Lolita under the coaching of Mylene. The public response was mediocre at best, and even the last video of Julia performing an outdoor strip tease while singing couldn't get much interest.

Alizee has an international following that goes beyond the francophone countries. There is potential for her, and I don't think she should be boxed into trying to revive her singing in the same region where she failed before. It could be an ambitious bar band with a vision that might court her into a new direction. Now I get to resume what I have been doing for a long time, wait and hope for something to happen.
Old 05-20-2020, 12:06 AM

fan_atic is on a distinguished road

This video by the person that sings out of her house has 112 million views. Alizee's Vevo whole channel has only 17 million views for all videos. So one amateur song has 7 times more hits. Most of the French language songs back in the day were translations, Sara'h, who does amateur videos in her house, actually performs in shows around the world. There is definitely a demand for English songs translated into French. From what I can figure out they are done only in English because the big music companies can't be bothered. This Sara'h evens sell the French covers on itunes. The hard part is, how do we find a French band that would want to do this?

youtube.com/watch?v=Nf6UCfL_xCc
Old 05-25-2020, 11:21 AM

BroKenSkullDG is on a distinguished road

Correct me if i'm wrong but in that Interview from 2017, in which she said she would put her music career on hold as she was no longer interested in recording an Album, she also said she was still open to doing the occassional thing - here and there. And she did, those concerts in 2018, the appereance on Jaka to Melodia this year... I don't think it is that unlikely to assume that she wouldn't record any new Songs or maybe a Duet? I don't expect Mylène to go back working with Alizée even if Julia doesn't pan out in the long term. Mylène is probably looking to wrap up and finish her career sooner than later so she may most likely be looking for an actual successor, which Alizée at 35 won't be, not anymore anyway. But could Mylène maybe go ahead and record a duet with her former protegée? Mylène has collaborated with Stars with an international reach in recent years, see Sting and LP. That was before she approached Alizée for that choreography for Julia. And Alizée does still have plenty of Fans left internationally... Or maybe Laurent Boutonnat could be the one to convince MF to work with Alizée again. Anyone ever watch the Making of Video to Julia's SEXTO?

Either this or maybe Alizée or her record labels have some unreleased Songs left lying around, from earlier years. Weren't there two Tracks cut from "5"? I mean she could release them. Her Fans would obviously be interested in anything they haven't heard by now, if it means hearing something new at all...

Last edited by BroKenSkullDG; 05-25-2020 at 03:16 PM..
Old 06-01-2020, 10:32 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroKenSkullDG View Post
Correct me if i'm wrong but in that Interview from 2017, in which she said she would put her music career on hold as she was no longer interested in recording an Album, she also said she was still open to doing the occassional thing - here and there. And she did, those concerts in 2018, the appereance on Jaka to Melodia this year... I don't think it is that unlikely to assume that she wouldn't record any new Songs or maybe a Duet? I don't expect Mylène to go back working with Alizée even if Julia doesn't pan out in the long term. Mylène is probably looking to wrap up and finish her career sooner than later so she may most likely be looking for an actual successor, which Alizée at 35 won't be, not anymore anyway. But could Mylène maybe go ahead and record a duet with her former protegée? Mylène has collaborated with Stars with an international reach in recent years, see Sting and LP. That was before she approached Alizée for that choreography for Julia. And Alizée does still have plenty of Fans left internationally... Or maybe Laurent Boutonnat could be the one to convince MF to work with Alizée again. Anyone ever watch the Making of Video to Julia's SEXTO?
I tend to agree with you that Mylene knows her career days are numbered. She is not far from sixty, and look what happened to Madonna's career when she hit that age milestone. Her concert venues had to get smaller and has some chronic health issues. She has been desperately seeking attention to stay relevant. I think Mylene would want to retire from making albums and touring while still on top, still looking and feeling good. I could be wrong, but the writing seems to be on the wall. Her last two or three albums haven't done well as far as sales.

I think an Alizee/Mylene duet would do very well. An album together would even be better. Alizee probably has a more international following than Mylene, but needs a boost in her home country. It could be a win for both.

I had posted in another thread that I now feel Julia will be a bust. There was something in the launch of Julia's career that lacked. It was too slow. They let SEXTO get stale before the next video. Now we are almost two years since the release of SEXTO and still no album. Julia had some early momentum, but interest looks to be on the decline.

I believe it was before 2017 when Alizee said she would put her music career on hold. I think it was not long after Blonde flopped, but don't quote me on that. Maybe another member might know. It was 2018 when it looked like Alizee wanted to restart her singing. She changed her Instagram profile to include singing and she was trying to get a few concerts in Mexico going along with a fashion show. I'm not sure what the fashion show was about, but now that Annily had expressed in an interview that she wants to be a fashion designer as a career, whether Alizee would have brought Annily along to Mexico?
Old 06-01-2020, 05:29 PM
MMA Teen who was thunderstruck by Alizée

Kajue is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by CleverCowboy View Post

I had posted in another thread that I now feel Julia will be a bust. There was something in the launch of Julia's career that lacked. It was too slow. They let SEXTO get stale before the next video. Now we are almost two years since the release of SEXTO and still no album. Julia had some early momentum, but interest looks to be on the decline.
I really see the "Julia Project" as a bust. She doesn't have that *umph* which Alizée has. Julia has a better live voice, but Alizée is better in everything else. Julia is a good looking girl but is the generic blonde, but on the other hand Prime Alizée was legitimately like a real life version of those great beauties from Mediterranean mythology. Julia tried to dance on stage, but she looked really stiff and it didn't draw any attention. Alizée on the other hand danced so fluidly, and even when she didn't have a dance routine,she had that stage presence and "wiggle" she does. Alizée just had certain charm that came so naturally. A certain mixture of innocence-sexiness that makes her Alizée.