Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 09-01-2020, 09:47 PM
Neutral Good

RedRafe is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex Rien View Post
She is a part of my family. They are all my family.
Funnily enough, I know what you mean…

Alizée, et al, do feel like… “family”, which is strange, considering, and I can’t for the life of me reason it out, or explain it, which is very unlike me…

“Karma”, or “something”…

So I just accept it, and go on…

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kajue View Post
I don't think you need to get yourself worked up over it. Just listen to whoever you want to, you can admire both and have a special place in your heart for Alizée too, so if it's confusing, as we say in Chicago, "forget about it!"
This is a hard one…

I listen to a very “wide”, very “diverse range” of music, and at the end of the day I cannot say that I actually have an “overall favourite”, artist…

What I actually listen to depends largely on my “mood”, at the time, or, “circumstance”, with regard to what I’m doing…

Every artist has their own particular “niche”, their own particular “place”, and I daresay “time”, in my musical “tastes”, so effectively, I’ve got a lot of “favoured” artists, both “male” and “female”, that I listen to, and yeps, I probably do, “admire”, some of the more “cuter” female artistes…

But that’s just it. “Admire”, anddd, “nothing”…

Momentary passing... fantasy, if even that...

You get to admire as many “cuties” as you want, no “guilt”, no “pain”, no “punishment”…

End of story…

Now, as for Alizée, and my “admiring” her, well, she does have a “very special place in my heart”, and always will have, but, well, none of my “partners” have never, ever really found that at all, “threatening”…

It was put to me this way…

“I’m the one that you love, I’m the one in your arms, I’m the one in your bed, and I’m the one that spends all of your money.”

Which is very true, for Alizée really does not get to do any of that, (trust me on this one, I’d notice if she did ), you see, she has a perfectly wonderful husband at home to take care of all of that kind of stuff…

<”Luckiest guy in the world”, indeed >

Which, by the look of, from what I can see, he does wonderfully…

So, there are no “hassles” or “confusion” there…

I get to “watch” and “listen” to “my” Alizée, but I “belonged”, “heart” and “soul” to them…

<Except for a couple of little, “special” parts>

It worked out “fine”. Always has done…

So don’t feel at all guilty. Enjoy your music, admire as many “cute” artistes as you want, but remember one thing, and this one is VERY important…

As an ancient philosopher once said: “a bird in the hand, is worth two in the bush”, or, in this case, the meaning could be, don’t neglect “reality”, for the “one in your head”, will never really be “in your arms”, or, “in your bed”, and she definitely won’t be “spending all of your money”…

This “hokey” old track, which I still love, from back in ’76, put it very… succinctly…

Sailor - Girls Girls Girls (1976)

“Get out and meet those pretty girls”…

As for the “spend all of your money”, bit, well, that one always makes my “cheap little Scottish” self “sweat”, ever so slightly, and not in a “good” way…

Just, don’t… “overthink” things…

Last edited by RedRafe; 09-02-2020 at 12:37 AM..
Old 09-02-2020, 01:55 AM

baronstrucker is on a distinguished road

Alizee is one of my favorites, even if she is inactive in the music industry. But I don't add her music to my personal playlist because her music is sort of "outdated" compared to the modern stuff I listen too, so when I want to listen to Alizée I just pick an album of hers or I make a playlist dedicated to her music.
Old 09-02-2020, 08:05 AM

Ben.Daly is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aragorn97 View Post
This is another interesting matter... Destiny? I don't know if it's a good idea to add a philosophical question, too.

Now that you mention destiny, I recently discovered that when I saw her for the first time in the Tubes d'un Jour video, it was on the exact same day of the year that the performance originally took place. 8th March 2003, 2020 when I saw it.

Seems like too much of a coincidence, the original poster may have known that bit of information, but it's not listed on the video. Contacting the guy didn't get me anywhere either. I only found out the date after looking through the Google drive uploaded by Scruffy:

https://drive.google.com/drive/folde...TIKHOK-Qx4Rab8

Quote:
She is a part of my family.
They are all my family.

Never seen this one before, it's strange seeing them all together in the one place. I wonder what they were talking about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aragorn97 View Post
And now this dualism is a different situation.
Guess you could say it's a case of Dua-lism...

Sorry, couldn't resist making this pun it just felt too fitting given the subject

Last edited by Ben.Daly; 09-02-2020 at 08:26 AM..
Old 09-02-2020, 01:08 PM

Aragorn97 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben.Daly View Post
Now that you mention destiny, I recently discovered that when I saw her for the first time in the Tubes d'un Jour video, it was on the exact same day of the year that the performance originally took place. 8th March 2003, 2020 when I saw it.
Ooh this is interesting. I don't know how to consider this kind of coincidences... Very specific!
It's a nice addition to Alizée's magical aura, I guess.

As for the photo, they met when Julia was working on her single Sexto. Mylene asked Alizée and Greg to help for the choreography. here is the making of:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben.Daly View Post
Guess you could say it's a case of Dua-lism...
Old 09-02-2020, 05:30 PM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
She is a part of my family.
They are all my family.

I think I was caught up so much with the "front four", I didn't notice the gentleman in the background. He didn't seem to be in the video of the making of SEXTO, or maybe I missed him.
Old 09-02-2020, 05:47 PM

Alex Rien is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scruffydog777 View Post
maybe I missed him.
Yes, you did.