Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Other Subjects > Off Topic

Old 07-28-2010, 04:19 PM
Psychédélices era fan.

Marquis<3Alizée is on a distinguished road
Exclamation Desprete to learn French!!!!!

I need some serious help ever since I started listening to Alizée I always wanted to learn the beautiful French language. I've been looking online for tons of French online courses, but some of them aren't really that good the people who teach it are American. I need a native speaker I know some sites that are pretty good like jefrench.com but I only have accsess to so little.

I know there's Roseta Stone but damn that cost to much, I really want to learn this language. I'm going to be starting high school soon and my school doesn't teach French only Spanish I'm going to a all Spanish school and I already know enough Spanish.

So if anyone can help me out or show me some really good sites, I'll realy appreciate that.

Merci beaucoup Alizée for everything!

http://www.youtube.com/user/limelight8494
Old 07-28-2010, 05:38 PM

Lizbel is on a distinguished road

Well, I saw the first video on jefrench.com, and the man who is speaking has a great accent but I don't know if he's a native French speaker because sometimes his spelling is strange, when he says "tu" , "liaison"... but his accent is almost perfect if he's not French (if he is, it's strange sometimes lol).
And it isn't "courrir", it's "courir", ok it doesn't really matter, but it's the first lesson and the video lasts only 7', so if they can't make a video without an error, it sucks.

I sent you a private message. Anf for all the people who wants to learn French, you can go on :

http://www.tolearnfrench.com/

And for the spelling (prefer French-Julie or French-Bruno) :

http://www.acapela-group.com/text-to...tive-demo.html
Old 07-29-2010, 01:13 AM
Recline yourself

user472884 is on a distinguished road

The absolute, absolute best way is total immersion.

Now as that's most likely out of the question, the closest you can get is by watching tons of French movies, French music (wonder where you can find that?), French podcasts, French story books, etc. Whatever you can get your hands on. Do you have a netflix account? Type in "Audrey Tautou" and watch pretty much all of her movies instantly, she's helped me a TON.

Yea, Rosetta Stone is expensive

One fantastic website (if not the best) is french.about.com
I don't believe the woman who writes it is native, but boy she might as well be. Anything you want, you'll find there. Lesson plans, organized categories of vocabulary, virtually every single French word has a link to a short clip of how it's pronounced, short quizzes and tests, even freaking travel guides!
Old 07-29-2010, 08:08 AM

Lizbel is on a distinguished road

You can find French music here :

http://www.deezer.com/fr/

You must to register, but it's totally free.

Well, I can advice you to listen Serge Gainsbourg, Vanessa Paradis, Mylène Farmer,the first album of Nolwenn Leroy, the first album of Carla Bruni, Milchel Polnareff, and so on... You can find all the Alizée's songs too.

Last edited by Lizbel; 07-29-2010 at 08:21 AM..