Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 10-25-2018, 05:03 AM
Miam Miam!

eru777 is on a distinguished road
Default Arale or Mathilda?

Do you guys see the resemblance?

Which Alizee hair style do you prefer? I love both, but prefer the short bob. She's so cute!

You can see her short bob on my signature.

Also a notable mention is this curly hairstyle, she also looks super hot with it.
Old 10-25-2018, 07:39 AM
Administrator

CleverCowboy is on a distinguished road

I have always preferred women with longer hair, so I prefer Alizee with her longer hairstyles. It doesn't matter if she grows out her bangs and combs them to the side, or cuts her bangs to cover her forehead, she looks better to me with longer hair.

This was a nice hair style that she had that I wish laster longer.

With the curly hair, like in the video you posted, she looked like royalty. Too bad she had Tinkerbell on her back. During the Psych days, she had the best figure of her life. I would say she was the most glamorous during those few years. Put her on the Red Carpet at the Emmy's with the right outfit, and with that dazzling smile of hers, she would blow away anybody that Hollywood had to offer.
Old 10-25-2018, 07:55 AM
Miam Miam!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CleverCowboy View Post
With the curly hair, like in the video you posted, she looked like royalty. Too bad she had Tinkerbell on her back. During the Psych days, she had the best figure of her life. I would say she was the most glamorous during those few years. Put her on the Red Carpet at the Emmy's with the right outfit, and with that dazzling smile of hers, she would blow away anybody that Hollywood had to offer.
Yes she went a big mad with the tats but I think they are interesting. Maybe not THAT many but hey, it's her life. The video I posted is a showcase of how she can be both cute & sexy at the same time. Not many women can do that.

But I think there is a certain inner radiance that she exudes that is why people love her so much. Her charm crosses boundaries of language and culture, that's why people all over the globe are her fans.
Old 10-25-2018, 08:13 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by eru777 View Post
Yes she went a big mad with the tats but I think they are interesting. Maybe not THAT many but hey, it's her life. The video I posted is a showcase of how she can be both cute & sexy at the same time. Not many women can do that.

But I think there is a certain inner radiance that she exudes that is why people love her so much. Her charm crosses boundaries of language and culture, that's why people all over the globe are her fans.
I have gotten over her tats - it is what it is. I love that woman for far more than just her physical beauty. I will always think they were a career blunder, but as you said, it is her life.

We have had a recent discussion in another thread with one of our newest members, a female (Bamagirl), about how the attraction of Alizee crosses gender lines. Alizee does not feel threatening to females, at least those who feel secure with themselves.

I know Alizee has plenty of US fans because of YouTube, but I think mainstream America really missed out on something special. She would have built a huge fan base, even with her language barrier. If only she would have been given a chance.
Old 10-25-2018, 08:57 AM
Miam Miam!

I agree. I wonder if Alizee started out today, would she be as successful? I think there is a certain destiny she fulfilled when she was first introduced to the world.
Old 10-25-2018, 10:28 AM
Administrator

Quote:
I agree. I wonder if Alizee started out today, would she be as successful? I think there is a certain destiny she fulfilled when she was first introduced to the world.
In some ways I think it was fate that she was introduced when she was - she was at the right place at the right time. MF/LB were at the top of their game, and they were much younger then and had a higher energy level to promote Alizee vigorously along with their own careers.

But then I think, could you have replaced Alizee with another beautiful girl with a good voice and the ability to dance at that time and achieved the same results? In my opinion, no. Alizee was a sensation because of Alizee, and there is something timeless about who she is. I read YouTube comments all the time on her most popular videos, and people today are gushing over her as they see her for the very first time. The music she sang is so out of date, yet, people don't care.

If she was 16 years old today and everything remained unchanged about who she is and how she dressed and composed herself, but maybe the music was updated, she might have been bigger now than what she was back then. With HD video, camera phones in every pocket, Internet in every home, Facebook, Instagram, etc. her exposure to the world would be much greater.
Old 10-25-2018, 04:15 PM

Shepherd is on a distinguished road

Quote:

It's a miracle she entered the spotlight at the right instant. Her youth and beauty, and charm were at their height. Her friend switched her contest entry from dancer to singer--without that unlikely event, Alizee would be unknown today. Left to her own devices Alizee would have entered the contest as a dancer and been unknown ever-after. If Mylene Farmer had not been watching TV at that moment, Alizee would today be a forgotten talent contestant who, by the way, didn't even win the contest. If MF had chosen the wrong song and dance for Alizee to break into the business, she might have become just another pretty face. Nearly everyone who is a fan of Alizee says they were first blown away by her performance of "J'en Ai Marre." The music, her amazing dance, the beauty of her smile, her overall charm in that one performance conquered the world. Without the conflation of those four events--the time, her friend, Mylene, and "J'en Ai Marre"--we wouldn't have Alizee today.

Alizee is still beautiful and charming, but if she tried to enter the business today I very much doubt she would be the sensation she was at sixteen.

At 15, Alizee was beautiful, talented, and charming; but if her timing had been off by the tiniest bit, she never would have become famous. After losing the talent contest, she might not have had the self-confidence to continue pursuing a career in the entertainment industry. Even if she did persevere, the big break might not have ever presented itself again.
Old 10-25-2018, 04:28 PM
Miam Miam!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shepherd View Post
The music, her amazing dance, the beauty of her smile, her overall charm in that one performance conquered the world. Without the conflation of those four events--the time, her friend, Mylene, and "J'en Ai Marre"--we wouldn't have Alizee today.

At 15, Alizee was beautiful, talented, and charming; but if her timing had been off by the tiniest bit, she never would have become famous. After losing the talent contest, she might not have had the self-confidence to continue pursuing a career in the entertainment industry. Even if she did persevere, the big break might not have ever presented itself again.
100% agree. It was destiny. All the right people at the right time. A series of events that lead to her charming the world.

I was talking about, what if she started out today and she was 16 TODAY. That's what I meant when I said what if.

I'm glad she DID do it back then though. It was the right time!
Old 10-25-2018, 05:35 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shepherd View Post
Without the conflation of those four events--the time, her friend, Mylene, and "J'en Ai Marre"--we wouldn't have Alizee today.

Alizee is still beautiful and charming, but if she tried to enter the business today I very much doubt she would be the sensation she was at sixteen.
I forgot about her friend changing her entry. Thanks for pointing that out. That alone makes it seem like fate.

If he tried entering the business today at 34, then no way. At 16, then I would be pretty confident. If there is any time in recent history that we need somebody with an infectious smile, it would be today.
Old 10-25-2018, 06:22 PM

Shepherd is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by CleverCowboy View Post
If there is any time in recent history that we need somebody with an infectious smile, it would be today.
I have this same thought every day.