Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée News

Old 06-05-2014, 04:43 AM

Criss_pl is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by lefty12357 View Post
It's got a nice vibe and sound to it, but I'm afraid they spoiled part of it by using Autotune.
Yep, agreed, I like the vibe and style, but can't help to notice that not everything is as it should be.
Old 06-05-2014, 03:37 PM
Amélie's Fed Up in Autumn

lapinschous is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucas View Post
If the Blonde clip wouldn't have so many views from the beginning, plus now the 1 milion views after month and some days, I think maybe now we would have not a scheduled tour and tickets in hands.

Simply believe or not, I think after Psychédélices it's finally a little bigger succes.
1 million views sure... but with the worst like/dislike ratio ever to date in one her music videos... Compare that to ACDLA which can boast a 95% positive rate. Choosing quantity over quality is the reason why so many artists are losing their identity, their own personal touch to reach a wider public but end up losing their faithful fans.

I'm not hating, just being pragmatic... I understand perfectly that she tries to learn from her commercial mistakes, but to me , he overdid it in that latest album.

La Nostalgie des jours gourmands..
Old 06-05-2014, 03:42 PM

Lucas is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by lapinschous View Post
but with the worst like/dislike ratio ever to date in one her music videos...
And do you believe them? I would put hands in fire, that most dislikes are from anti-Alizée people who really don't look on the content... simply for them Alizée -> dislike. Or hard Mylene fans... especially now when they think she is copying Mylene.
Old 06-05-2014, 03:51 PM
Amélie's Fed Up in Autumn

lapinschous is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacotey View Post
Alizée presented 'Alcaline', one of the songs from the newest album. The song was sung on the concert - 'KISS FM Live', here you can listen to it:
Okay .. I like it ! But what bothers me it that it sounds really Mylène-ish ... especially her latest album Monkey Me... but at least Mylène didn't use autotune in such a blatant way.

But, well, anything that can bring her back towards MF/LB styles sounds good to me.

Oh and... it reminds me of that japanese song.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4XB3atGVXtE

play at 0:51

Edit:

Quote:
And do you believe them? I would put hands in fire, that most dislikes are from anti-Alizée people
Anti-Alizée people? Dude, relax.. If I put a dislike on a bar mitzva video, it doesn't mean that I hate jews, just that i don't like that video in particular.

Let's not become paranoids thinking that the whole world hates Lili.. most people here in france either don't know about her, like her from DALS or remember her from her lolita years. either way, there is no anti alizée lobby and if there is , it's unsignificant.

From what I've seen on the blonde video page is that most dislikes come from disappointed mexican fans who expected something better ...

La Nostalgie des jours gourmands..

Last edited by lapinschous; 06-05-2014 at 03:51 PM.. Reason: Automerged Doubleposts
Old 06-05-2014, 03:58 PM

Lucas is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by lapinschous View Post
Anti-Alizée people? Dude, relax..
well sorry, but each time it seems that some people are just waiting to see somewhere written "Alizée", to have again a reason post something against her.
Old 06-05-2014, 07:37 PM

cou is on a distinguished road

Well, the big ammount of dislikes really tells something. There are lots of people who still admires Alizee but dont dare to admit it or the song is wel presentated, but its just a bad song. Im curious what Alcaline will do.
Old 06-06-2014, 02:57 AM

Euphoria is on a distinguished road

Quote:
We can be happy she found ever someone, who wants to work with her. I don't care about the history of Obisbo's success. Like Lefty said, his experiences can be usefull. And cause he has his hands in the whole album, maybe it's only positive. Better than to have for each song another "team". We can see he was by the Blonde clip recording, and it seems he wanted to make everything perfect as possible.

If the Blonde clip wouldn't have so many views from the beginning, plus now the 1 milion views after month and some days, I think maybe now we would have not a scheduled tour and tickets in hands.

Simply believe or not, I think after Psychédélices it's finally a little bigger succes.
Sadly, I have to agree with this. Let's face it, 5 was basically a failure yet again. If not for DALS, Alizee would be ancient history in the media. I think it's great that she's got such good friends willing to do this for her. She's got Pascal who composed all of the songs, and is also doing vocal backing. Then you've got Zazie who wrote the lyrics to 3 songs. Pascal is basically the new Mylene.

I love Pascal's music and I don't care that he's a "has-been" in France. He's got a ton of valuable experience and connections.
Old 06-06-2014, 03:28 AM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

I really don't think the dislikes are from Alizee haters. I would think people who don't like her wouldn't want to waste their time checking out her music. I think it's more likely it's new fans she gained from DALS who weren't familiar with her music. They decided to check out this song and weren't happy with it which I think isn't that much to worry about. I think Alcaline is a much better song and will do better and hopefully there will be more of the same on this album.

Going off topic for a minute. The mention of her possibly being pregnant got me thinking about her "family" situation and her trip to New York. . I still find it hard to believe that she would go there at that time of year considering the winter they were having for a vacation,. I thought it was more likely it might have something to do with the album. When she came out with Blonde and that dress with the picture of NY times square on it, it made me think it was more likely that she has or maybe had ideas to use scenes from there in the video, but maybe the cold forced her to reconsider.

But now thinking more about her family situation, now that she's apparently in a relationship with Gregoire, maybe she came over to this country to take care of the fact that at least in this country, she is still considered married to Jeremy. I'm not that familiar with marital laws. If she was married in Vegas, could she get a divorce or get the marriage annuled in New York?
Old 06-06-2014, 06:10 AM

Euphoria is on a distinguished road

I did a quick search on the Clark County (where their marriage license was issued) and it looks like neither of them have filed for divorce. Their marriage certificate is on there, though. I know that France formerly did not recognize quick Las Vegas marriages. I'm not sure when that was changed, though. I'm sure they've mentioned it to a lawyer before and it wasn't important. I guess symbolically it could mean something though, when moving onto other relationships.
Old 06-06-2014, 01:13 PM

Panther is on a distinguished road

With regards to the dislikes on that Youtube vid I think they are more about the way she looks now than the music itself. That is certainly reflected in a lot of the negative comments.

We know there are loyal Mylene fans out there who are always ready to hate on Alizee but a lot of these latest criticisms seem to be coming from long-term existing fans who are disappointed with the direction she is moving in image-wise and to be honest I can't say I'm surprised.