Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 07-06-2015, 08:37 AM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough
Default Alizée vs Gregoire fandomism

I look at some of the comments being made about Alizée's and Gregoire's appearances at these different dance shows, work shops and so forth and I hear people say the majority of the fans are coming to see Gregoire and I'm not sure what to believe.

Is he that much more popular than her in France? If you look at her Wikipedia page, it goes way back to 2003 and has had over 500 revisions over the years. He, despite being rated as one of the top 10 hip hop dancers in the world and his great win with Alizee on DALS2004, doesn't even have a Wikipedia page.

If you do a web search of either of their names and click on "images for", about 1/2 the images for his name include Alizee in the picture. Where if you click on images for Alizee, you have to go far down the main page before you run into any images of him.

Now if I'm not mistaken, DALS4 did very well in the ratings and I believe much of that was due to Alizee. Her story was a great story, then the developing story of her and Greg was another great story. Certainly he played a major role, but I doubt if the show would have had the success it had without her.

So apparently Alizee won a lot of fans during the course of the show. But are they new dance fans of her or were they fans of her singing who came out of the woodwork or are they more fans of the Soap Opera Alizee and I don't mean that in a negative way. It's just a story that was being played out on tv.
I've gone to France and waited in line on a few occassions for over 6 hours on cold drizzly days to see her perform in Les Enfoires, but it was mostly to hear her sing. I made a trip to Paris, just to see her sing with Olly Murs. I tried going to a couple of her concerts in Paris years ago that were cancelled. But I've had numerous opportunities to go see her dance and I was never really interested. I did entertain the thought of going to Ajaccio a few months ago when she and Greg were supposed to dance at a show there, but I mainly wanted to see the hometown fans reaction to her dancing rather than see her dance.

If you look at the Alizee Forum, it has had a very large membership over the years; up in the thousands. But now it is a ghost town in danger of falling by the wayside. We see activity by Alizee almost on a weekly basis, but nothing is ever said about it, at least in the English forum. AF's problems run much deeper than what's going on with Alizee, but still, if she announced she was going to put out another album, I'm sure it would again become a bee hive of activity?

So is this the case of the fans in France; they are waiting for another album and most of the fans who are showing up to the dance appearances are mainly fans of Greg?
Old 07-06-2015, 10:44 AM

Lucas is on a distinguished road

The problem of Alizee-Forum is not only about not well going music career of Alizée. Now you get each informations from social websites, most Facebook and Twitter. People visit them most all the time during the day, everyone can see them, they can receive notifications. So from one side, its meaningless to repost it to forums. And I think forums lost their importance today. In the past (without FB, Twitter and more) forums were the only way how to get infos, pics, videos, stories. And... not so long time ago, Alizee-Forum created some unnamed rules, which made from that forum not good place.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scruffydog777 View Post
So is this the case of the fans in France; they are waiting for another album and most of the fans who are showing up to the dance appearances are mainly fans of Greg?
1. Show me her fans, fans of the singer Alizée.. soon or later it will be possible to count them on 2 hands... (of course not really, but the amount of her fans is declining)
2. If there will be new album, we dont know 100%. Of course there are/will be people who just wait for new album or song. But I think most of them dont believe in new album, or they dont find it important if there will be something in the near future after all.
3. Alizée is good dancer, they are dance couple (at least for the most appearances). But well Greg is better in his "job", he is profi dancer, he has many fans (just look how many of his fans were angry on Alizée cause all the shitty rumors about DALS). So I think he is the star in all their dance events. Most fans of Alizée dont find dance really interesting.

Last edited by Lucas; 07-06-2015 at 11:07 AM..
Old 07-06-2015, 12:26 PM

regardemoi is on a distinguished road

Wikipedia - I did some snooping, and Greg's article has been deleted in 2013 and 2014. In case someone's interested, HERE is the discussion in December 2014. Basically, 3 out of 4 people thought he's not notable enough for his own page. I don't think that's surprising, as he's just a DALS dancer in the public eye. Btw, Alizée's article has been edited over 3,000 times.

Forums - I completely agree with Lucas, message boards are a dying breed and have been for a long time. Why go to a forum, when you can follow tons of celebs on Twitter/Instagram etc, and get the info in between exchanging selfies with your friends.

Greg has over 100K followers on Instagram, and that's quite a lot IMO, when Alizée has 240K. I doubt Greg has many non-French followers.
Old 07-06-2015, 08:18 PM
Administrator

lefty12357 is on a distinguished road

I agree that forums are losing their place because of people having other options such as social websites. I think because of it you will continue to see forums fade in popularity and active members. But forums offer a place for more in-depth discussion, and they can still provide that service.

In Alizée’s case, there isn’t much to talk about right now, and what there is to talk about is centered mostly on dancing. For me personally, I was drawn to Alizée for the music. I have nothing against dance, but it doesn’t inspire me enough to hold in-depth discussions about it. Her last few albums fell off the charts so fast that there wasn’t much to talk about there, either. So for me personally, the lack of music and associated performances has left me with nothing to get excited about or to talk about. I still check in here every day, but I just don’t have much to post about.

I am still a fan of Alizée’s, but with my limited time, I’ve been paying more attention to artists who are actually out there producing albums and doing a lot of live performances. But that’s just me, I’ve always been about the music.
Old 07-09-2015, 07:36 AM

C-4 is on a distinguished road

I agree with Scruffydog.
It is so unfortunate that Alizée has not had proper promotion, or direction given that was correct for her recordings.

I would hope that this may turn around, but based on past performance, I feel she may fade into history quietly, only to appear occasionally for some event.

This to me, is truly upsetting, and especially after seeing what else is out there being given lots of media attention and earning sinfully high amounts of money. Example: Ariana Grande.
Old 07-13-2015, 01:38 AM

Wizard is on a distinguished road

I don't visit this forum as much as I when I discovered Alizée, but I happen to check it today and saw this topic and thought I add my thoughts too. It's been a disappointment to me, that her last two albums were not successful. It's a shame really, since I think some of the songs are really good. I became a fan because of her singing not her dancing, and I couldn't care less about seeing Gregoire. Maybe she'll re-emerge as the talented singer she is, but it's a finicky business, and the window seems to be closing on her, if it hasn't already.I wish I had been there from the very beginning, right along with many of you who were. For now, I'm not holding my breath. Time to move on I guess. I remain a fan though.
Old 07-13-2015, 02:28 AM
Zéeologist

Antares is on a distinguished road

This Google Trends analysis tells an interesting story.

Grégoire has been on DALS since February 2011, but barely managed to make so much as a blip on the radar until 2013 with the start of Season 4. His popularity spiked dramatically at this time, but note that a similarly rapid (but substantially larger) increase in searches for Alizée proceeded those of Grégoire. Since then, Grégoire and Alizée's search popularity have risen and fallen together, but the number of searches for Alizée has always exceeded those of Grégoire's.

So what can we take away from this data? DALS gave Alizée a transient boost of popularity, which then made Grégoire significantly popular for the first time in his career. The gains in popularity of searches for Alizée are generally disproportionately large compared to those of Grégoire, meaning the vast majority of people are interested in Alizée rather than her dance partner and the team they form together.

I can't say if the people attending these dance shows are more interested in Grégoire or Alizée. But I am fairly certain that they wouldn't be attending in the first place if it weren't for Alizée's involvement in DALS.
Old 07-16-2015, 12:16 AM
Оле Оле

alizeefan is on a distinguished road

In the context of the question and who watches or goes to those shows . . I'd have to agree that it is mostly a female viewer audience and of course they come or watch to see the guys vs Alizée/girls . Now is he more popular than her just because they say it here or there ? imho - no , she is a legend and he is well just a nice guy .