Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Translations

Old 07-22-2008, 05:02 AM

maxbest is on a distinguished road

Again, check her new songs' chart positions compare to her old songs' chart positions you'll see the difference.

Personally, I really want to see her teams up with MF again.
Old 07-22-2008, 05:32 AM
Mr. Mike

Future Raptor Ace is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxbest View Post
Again, check her new songs' chart positions compare to her old songs' chart positions you'll see the difference.

Personally, I really want to see her teams up with MF again.
this is her first album alone, you cant expect her to go #1 on her first try. Where MF has tons of experience and knows the way the game works. Alizee still lacks that experience but she has gained a lot from doing this album alone. The way I see it is this is a learning experience for her and in my opinion she did a great job at it on a regular stand point; yet alone for someones first shot. I personally like this album a lot.

LETS GO YANKEES! CONGRATS ON #4 GIANTS!

Old 07-22-2008, 03:14 PM
Alizée's Watch-Dragon

Deepwaters is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxbest View Post
Don't know what you guys think, but without MF, Alizee barely attracted any new fans. She had a relatively big fan base when she was with MF, but now she is actually NOT popular.

Before I continue, anyone disagree can just stop reading this because I don't want argue.
If you don't want to argue, don't talk. If you're going to present controversial points of view, expect argument. Which you are going to get, and no apologies, dude.

It's a big exaggeration to say she is NOT popular. She is not AS popular as she used to be, IN FRANCE. Worldwide, I would say she is more popular than ever. As for France, well, that makes sense honestly: she is taking a new musical direction, and a lot of her old fans waited four years to hear something like what attracted them in the beginning, and instead they're hearing something different. Her new music will attract a new audience, but essentially she's starting over.

I like Psychédélices better, overall, than Gourmandises (or MCE). There are two songs on it that do nothing for me, the title cut and L'effet, and even those are very good for what they are and have their devotees. (Including Alizée herself, who has stated that L'effet is her favorite song on the album. Motherhood speaking, perhaps. Or maybe she just likes jazz better than I do.) But I get into the mood and feel of Par les paupieres, Fifty-Sixty, Lilly Town, Lonely Liste, better than I do Moi . . . Lolita, Gourmandises, L'alizé -- which isn't to say that I don't like those songs, of course. I just feel the new ones are truer to who the artist is, and also they have a feel I can relate to better.

Everyone needs to let go of the old Alizée one way or another, because she isn't coming back. It's uncertain whether she will ever again sing anything new by Mylène and Laurent, but I feel we can safely predict that they will never again collaborate full-time as in the past. She'll continue singing her old music as well as the new, but it will change to give it a new feel.

Think of her as a new star -- same person, but with a new persona and new music. If you like this new singer, then stay with her. If not, then move on. But to object that you want the old one back is pointless.

The Stairway To Nowhere (FREE): http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/8357
The Child of Paradox: http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/27019
The Golden Game: http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/56716
Old 07-30-2008, 12:36 AM

Camapajama is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deepwaters View Post
If you don't want to argue, don't talk. If you're going to present controversial points of view, expect argument. Which you are going to get, and no apologies, dude.

It's a big exaggeration to say she is NOT popular. She is not AS popular as she used to be, IN FRANCE. Worldwide, I would say she is more popular than ever. As for France, well, that makes sense honestly: she is taking a new musical direction, and a lot of her old fans waited four years to hear something like what attracted them in the beginning, and instead they're hearing something different. Her new music will attract a new audience, but essentially she's starting over.

I like Psychédélices better, overall, than Gourmandises (or MCE). There are two songs on it that do nothing for me, the title cut and L'effet, and even those are very good for what they are and have their devotees. (Including Alizée herself, who has stated that L'effet is her favorite song on the album. Motherhood speaking, perhaps. Or maybe she just likes jazz better than I do.) But I get into the mood and feel of Par les paupieres, Fifty-Sixty, Lilly Town, Lonely Liste, better than I do Moi . . . Lolita, Gourmandises, L'alizé -- which isn't to say that I don't like those songs, of course. I just feel the new ones are truer to who the artist is, and also they have a feel I can relate to better.

Everyone needs to let go of the old Alizée one way or another, because she isn't coming back. It's uncertain whether she will ever again sing anything new by Mylène and Laurent, but I feel we can safely predict that they will never again collaborate full-time as in the past. She'll continue singing her old music as well as the new, but it will change to give it a new feel.

Think of her as a new star -- same person, but with a new persona and new music. If you like this new singer, then stay with her. If not, then move on. But to object that you want the old one back is pointless.
I think this is spot-on.
Especially the last point; What is past is exactly it: Past.
Remember, you can always go back on Itunes or Youtube and re-live old memories of Moi...Lolita, and all that stuff.
Alizee is probably, like Deepwaters stated, not going back to the old days.
Whether any of us think it's good or bad, it's probably going to happen.
Either way, I'm guessing our love of her voice and personality won't disappear Just enjoy the ride
P.S. Hopefully the rumors of her coming to USA will be coming true.. If so, Brad's picture of Kitty has succeeded
(see below)

Old 09-29-2008, 05:32 PM
A man in black

MonteCristo is on a distinguished road
Default Sore throat and sore eyes

Whew....took me quite a while to read this whole thread.....and boy is it old.
I found it on google while trying to find the songs interpretation. Btw, you all have screwed up suggestions of what this song means. Not that I know of a better one, but have you all ever thought that the song might not be about whats-his-name and whats-her-name? Or if it is, that the song has no relationship to Mylene whatsoever? Anyway.....this thread did help me understand the song more.....so does anyone know what sore eyes and sore throat are symptoms of?
Old 09-29-2008, 05:38 PM
un jour une fois

espire is on a distinguished road

We had highly skewed views at the time, because as far as we knew, the transition from Polydor to Wysteria Song was not a pleasant one. Because of this, we inferred that Alizée had realized how much control Mylène Farmer had over her. This control did exist, but we don't know that Alizée was previously unaware of it, or that she disliked the control retroactively.

My original interpretation, though, was very extreme as I first wrote it. If my memory serves me correctly, though, I ended up removing the whole thing after a time.
Old 09-29-2008, 11:50 PM
gone with the geostrophic

heyamigo is on a distinguished road

lol i remember all that drama when the song first was leaked with everyone saying this song is about how mylene farmer used and controlled alizee like how warhole did with edie. someone even put this on wikipedia, i hope they removed it by now.
Old 09-30-2008, 06:14 PM

Roman is on a distinguished road

Oh, speaking of which, I just did another translation. http://moi-alizee.us/forums/showthre...442#post116442
Should I have read this whole thread first? hmm

Merci Fanny
Old 10-03-2008, 01:32 AM

mal is on a distinguished road

Clear and direct response to the lyrics forced down Alizee's throat by contract.

"its not even a game
get over your fame
im not twenty"

Alizee being forced and led on to sing a song which made fun of herself was a very French way to kick in her stomach. she sings a song about someone "not twenty". As if to say get overself your just a child.

Response? what? your fifty or sixty years old?

Flower power died on the dance floor
Electronic and punk exist no more
With the age of rock, time was changed
Rock rolls on rollers, pop's been knocked ( ie your pop music is dead and so is your old era)

Flower power died a good death
New wave and techno exist no more
Go play your last role, no longer the model (your done your finished - your no longer pretty)
Yet you still dance in Andy's eyes

However there are some references to andy warhol as well - east village - nikon - sixites. A brilliant writer would have a duble-entendres a la pearl jam.

Def a finger to the fifty or sixty yo woman. her style, dress, performance and music are all a testament of rejection of her former "mentor"/opportunist. But i wish alizee would recognize that she doesnt need to reject all that was farmer brown to maintain her self/dignity.
Old 10-03-2008, 06:22 PM

Roman is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by mal View Post
Clear and direct response to the lyrics forced down Alizee's throat by contract.

"its not even a game
get over your fame
im not twenty"

Alizee being forced and led on to sing a song which made fun of herself was a very French way to kick in her stomach. she sings a song about someone "not twenty". As if to say get overself your just a child.

Response? what? your fifty or sixty years old?

Flower power died on the dance floor
Electronic and punk exist no more
With the age of rock, time was changed
Rock rolls on rollers, pop's been knocked ( ie your pop music is dead and so is your old era)

Flower power died a good death
New wave and techno exist no more
Go play your last role, no longer the model (your done your finished - your no longer pretty)
Yet you still dance in Andy's eyes

However there are some references to andy warhol as well - east village - nikon - sixites. A brilliant writer would have a duble-entendres a la pearl jam.

Def a finger to the fifty or sixty yo woman. her style, dress, performance and music are all a testament of rejection of her former "mentor"/opportunist. But i wish alizee would recognize that she doesnt need to reject all that was farmer brown to maintain her self/dignity.
Oh boy, there's mal being mal again showing us why that screen name. Anyway, I kind of like the phrase "Flower power died a good death" better, but I'm pretty sure that 'something pas encore' means not yet. Electro, punk, new-wave - she is speaking of the time before those came around. Doesn't exist any more would be 'n'existe plus'.

Edit: Oooooh. Now I get it. I just did some more research and reading the song "En Cloque" by Renaud convinced me that this term, which would normally translate as "blistering" also means pregnant. So, rock is coming along as if on rollers, and pop is about to be born. So, this is sort of double figurative.

Merci Fanny

Last edited by Roman; 10-03-2008 at 06:55 PM.. Reason: improve translation