Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 01-04-2012, 05:29 PM
Founder: 5,060 club.

wasabi622 is on a distinguished road

Isn't Alizée currently working in Mexico? Isn't it better for her to be there, where the greatest concentration of her fans are? I mean I'm sure it would be great for Alizée to be a big hit in France, but seeing as how her fans are abroad, I think she's fine where she is now.

Old 01-04-2012, 05:50 PM
"C'est de la bombe"

Jake04 is on a distinguished road

I think if she becomes popular (again) in France, she'll become even more popular in Mexico. Unfortunately, the same is not true the other way around. I mean. if she becomes more popular in Mexico, it doesn't mean she'll become more popular in France.

Also, "The Voice" would have been a great platform for her to re-launch her career or promote her new album, the way Jenifer Lopez did when she joined American Idol. Plus, the income she would have gotten there wouldn't have hurt as well.
Old 01-04-2012, 06:00 PM
Founder: 5,060 club.

wasabi622 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake04 View Post
I think if she becomes popular (again) in France, she'll become even more popular in Mexico. Unfortunately, the same is not true the other way around. I mean. if she becomes more popular in Mexico, it doesn't mean she'll become more popular in France.
That is true, but there's no guarantee that she'll hit it off in France, whereas she already has a fan base in Mexico. Is it worth the risk to leave an already establish, albeit smaller, fan base for a narrow shot at the larger prize?

Old 01-04-2012, 06:27 PM
"C'est de la bombe"

Jake04 is on a distinguished road

The extra income; the tremendous platform to promote her new album - something she didn't get with UEDS; the statement it would made to the French people that she STILL matters! Yes, I think it's worth it.

She's not really "leaving" her Mexican fans. I don't think The Voice would have been a year-round commitment anyways. Plus, I think her Mexican fans would have been more than happy if Alizee can travel there even once a year. (I would 'cause it'll be closer from San Diego )

Of course, all of these are water under the bridge now.