Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 07-03-2019, 05:33 AM

Aragorn97 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Coucou View Post
So she met Greg on DALS...

But what was her motivation for going on DALS in the first place?

Publicity (i.e. promote her musical career)? Wanting to compete just for the sake of competing? Or?
I think she saw dals as an opportunity to finally do what she wanted to do (dancing) "seriously". Maybe it was just a test to verify if that environment was suitable for her.
But yes, also publicity obviously: in fact she released Blonde a few months later
Old 07-03-2019, 11:58 AM
Administrator

CleverCowboy is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aragorn97 View Post
I think she saw dals as an opportunity to finally do what she wanted to do (dancing) "seriously". Maybe it was just a test to verify if that environment was suitable for her.
But yes, also publicity obviously: in fact she released Blonde a few months later
Granted, the French don't support their home-grown artists like they do international ones, but the whole blond hair thing was gimmicky. There are some good songs on it, but all in all is my least favorite album of hers.
Old 07-03-2019, 12:38 PM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Coucou View Post
So she met Greg on DALS...

But what was her motivation for going on DALS in the first place?

Publicity (i.e. promote her musical career)? Wanting to compete just for the sake of competing? Or?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aragorn97 View Post
Well for any star, DALS is great publicity, but that factor is even more important for a star who is struggling and Aragorn97 is right in dancing is something she wants to do, but it was rumoured and I'm sure it's true that she had been asked before season 4 to be on the show but had turned it down because they dig into your private life and she's a very private person and we saw when she was on the show, they did dig into it and we got to see a side of her we probably never would have seen otherwise.

By the way Aragorn and other new members as well, you probably know already, but I paid to have all of the shows of DALS translated, then I added English subtitles to those videos. If you or others are interested, I can share them through Google drive. In fact I'm sure others in here have the files too.

Edit:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CleverCowboy View Post
Granted, the French don't support their home-grown artists like they do international ones, but the whole blond hair thing was gimmicky. There are some good songs on it, but all in all is my least favourite album of hers.
It was gimmicky. Why in the world would you want to do anything that removes from her natural beauty the way making her a blonde did?

Even so, I thought Blonde should have met with some level of success. Too much effort was spent on the song that was the theme of the album Blonde. It was an average song and quite frankly, I think the video of it was lame.

Alcaline was a song I really enjoy. It was a story of a young lady who's unhappy with her job and uses the music of her headphones (powered by alcaline batteries) to escape that world. I could envision that they could have easily have come up with a simple video that would have taken advantage of her beauty and dancing.

If you're a struggling star and you put out an album and can only come up with one video for it, when a good video can make or break an album, you shouldn't be surprised when it fails. Having only the 'Blonde' video killed the album in my opinion.

As I said, I really enjoyed Alcaline, but I don't know where she came up with the outfits she came up with that she wore while promoting it, certainly not Paris.

I put together a video using the song Alcaline, along with clips from En Concert so I could have a video I enjoyed while listening to the song.

K.O. was also a song I enjoyed.

Last edited by Scruffydog777; 07-03-2019 at 12:38 PM.. Reason: Automerged Doubleposts
Old 07-03-2019, 01:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scruffydog777 View Post
By the way Aragorn and other new members as well, you probably know already, but I paid to have all of the shows of DALS translated, then I added English subtitles to those videos. If you or others are interested, I can share them through Google drive. In fact I'm sure others in here have the files too.
If it doesn't bother you, it would be fantastic. I saw the dals videos where Alizée appeared, but only in French with a description in English (I can't remember which web site I had found). So I could have miss something

About blonde, I agree that there were some good songs. Not her best songs, but some of them are OK

Probably they invest a lot in Blonde because it has the same title of the album and because it has a more energetic and pop rhythm compared to the other songs.
About the video, I don't know if it was the only planned one, or they stopped because the album was already a flop
Old 07-03-2019, 02:25 PM

Here's week 1 ............

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BwR...ew?usp=sharing
Old 07-03-2019, 02:37 PM

Thank you very much!
Old 07-03-2019, 02:57 PM
Administrator

CleverCowboy is on a distinguished road

Quote:
It was gimmicky. Why in the world would you want to do anything that removes from her natural beauty the way making her a blonde did?

Even so, I thought Blonde should have met with some level of success. Too much effort was spent on the song that was the theme of the album Blonde. It was an average song and quite frankly, I think the video of it was lame.

Alcaline was a song I really enjoy. It was a story of a young lady who's unhappy with her job and uses the music of her headphones (powered by alcaline batteries) to escape that world. I could envision that they could have easily have come up with a simple video that would have taken advantage of her beauty and dancing.
I think that Blonde was the worst song on the album, sorry to say. The first song of an album usually sets the tone of an album and it was a poor selection. Making such a drastic change to her appearance for the sake of promoting the album was a bad marketing strategy in my opinion.

Alcaline was probably the best song to build an album around. Songs 2-5 I think are all good. K.O., Seulement pour te plaire and L'amour renfort along with Alcaline. Not far behind are Mon planeur and Ce qui tue l'amour.

She had an album with some potential with Blonde, but the execution was not good at all.
Old 07-03-2019, 05:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CleverCowboy View Post
I think that Blonde was the worst song on the album, sorry to say. ...............
I said it was average and I was trying to be kind. You have to remember, she's competing against some of the top names in the industry, Rhiana, Lady Gaga, Katy Perry. The song Blonde, never had a chance.

For Aragorn97, here's week 2.......

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1IVI...ew?usp=sharing

Last edited by Scruffydog777; 07-03-2019 at 05:42 PM..
Old 07-03-2019, 06:00 PM

Quote:

For Aragorn97, here's week 2.......

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1IVI...ew?usp=sharing
I'll have to thank you nine times
Jokes aside, if it is more convenient to you, you can send everything simultaneously when you have time
Old 07-03-2019, 06:12 PM

I can only fit so many files in my Google drive so , I'll probably upload a few, then once you've downloaded them, I'll delete them, then add more.